Reaction score
Yeah Troy, you totes retired cuz of your back, and not because you were washed up and sucked ass the last couple seasons that you played.

The only team that even contemplated signing him was shitty KC. That's when he decided to hang it up. He def didn't want to stop playing after JJ cut him.

I'm sure Emmitt retired cuz of his back too :jerkoff

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Concussions played a major role too. He is lying so bad. Towards the end if a defender looked at him wrong he got a concussion.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nope.

He will wait until 2015. By that point it will be clear Romo's career is over and we are starting some dipshit UDFA during a three win season.

That might be best, actually. Our only hope might be to really suck and have a pick so high we can't screw it up. Any faith in this crew developing a mid-to-low first rounder, or god forbid even later?

Reaction score
Romo's still owed $50 mils guaranteed. We're not drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd until 2015 at the absolute earliest... more likely 2016.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo's still owed $50 mils guaranteed. We're not drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd until 2015 at the absolute earliest... more likely 2016.

The sooner cowboys fans realize this the better.

I'm not buying the hype yet on this back surgery putting him down and out yet either. Yea I think it would be smart for the cowboys to grab a guy to groom in the 3rd or 4th but I don't think Romo is going to retire because of this. He's still our guy. Modern medicine and surgeries are completely different now than they were back then. Romo is no Peyton Manning but they were saying he was done and he came back looking better than ever. So don't buy the hype and stop crying America... They sell you this doom and gloom shit for the story of his "remarkable" comeback.

If anything I HOPE this makes Jerry realize how much more we need to protect him with continuing to upgrade weak points on the line and also developing a dominant and more consistent running game.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I'm not buying the hype yet on this back surgery putting him down and out yet either. Yea I think it would be smart for the cowboys to grab a guy to groom in the 3rd or 4th but I don't think Romo is going to retire because of this. He's still our guy. Modern medicine and surgeries are completely different now than they were back then. Romo is no Peyton Manning but they were saying he was done and he came back looking better than ever. So don't buy the hype and stop crying America... They sell you this doom and gloom shit for the story of his "remarkable" comeback.

If anything I HOPE this makes Jerry realize how much more we need to protect him with continuing to upgrade weak points on the line and also developing a dominant and more consistent running game.

Just stop it with the Peyton Manning shit.

1) He was better than Romo could dream of to begin with. The majority of Manning's game was mental as much physical.

2) I don't recall Manning having the patented spin to his left maneuver as a big part of his game.

Romo will be a lesser player after this. There is no question in my mind.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

1) He was better than Romo could dream of to begin with. The majority of Manning's game was mental as much physical.

2) I don't recall Manning having the patented spin to his left maneuver as a big part of his game.

Hey Negative Nancy.. relax. I'm pretty sure somewhere in there I said Romo is no Peyton Manning.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I'm with you. Peyton had a lot more serious procedure, or series of procedures, and he was a few years older than Tony.

Modern medicine and rehab plus Jerry's money = Tony will be fine.

Reaction score

:roythehammer

Reaction score

No one's saying he's better than or as good as Manning. It's a simple comparison between the type of procedures done on each one. Fact of the matter is Manning was older, had a more serious injury, and recovered to play at a high level. It doesn't matter who was better for purposes of this discussion.

Romo may in fact be physically diminished, but it's not a certainty.

Reaction score
No but seriously if someone would've told you after romo took us to 13-3 his first year starting that he'd retire with only 1 career playoffs victory wouldn't you have lol'd?

Top Bottom