Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That's been one my arguments for a while. If its truly about "saving just one life" ban alcohol and cigarettes. See how that goes for you.

Or you could just tax the fuck out of them. Here a pack of smokes is $12. Pints of liquor are $15 and quarts are $25.

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Because it would represent a monumental loss of revenue.
Cigs and alc are probably the highest taxed commodities - for your own good of course - and there's no way they'll relinquish that cash cow.

But, the line "if it only saves one life" is bullshit and this is why. There are plenty of things that kill more than guns yet people sit idly by. It's a statement based on principle but it really has no principle....if that makes sense.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
But, the line "if it only saves one life" is bullshit and this is why. There are plenty of things that kill more than guns yet people sit idly by. It's a statement based on principle but it really has no principle....if that makes sense.

I know, I agree with you.
Not many life threatening things we see and tolerate can even the playing field on a general level. An armed man is a secure man.

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know, I agree with you.
Not many life threatening things we see and tolerate can even the playing field on a general level. An armed man is a secure man.

Not sure if you know who Sam Harris is but he wrote a mostly interesting article on guns. He called them the great equalizer, not in this article. You seem like someone whom guy appreciate his POV.

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-riddle-of-the-gun

I don't agree with everything he says but I find some of his points to be pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I combined them into one, English class. I hated it. Short stories, poems, essays, questions where there is no right anwser just as long as you write 500 words, all bullshit.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I combined them into one, English class. I hated it. Short stories, poems, essays, questions where there is no right anwser just as long as you write 500 words, all bullshit.

i always got an A+ for creativity.
C- for structure.

Top Bottom