Reaction score
HC hired --> HC given complete autonomy to turn around 15-33 record --> HC hires staff --> staff finds elite QB for next decade --> team makes playoffs in first season of HC's tenure and becomes relevant again --> non-retarded fans conclude that HC was a good hire --> all other fans continue to prove why Dallas has the dumbest fanbase in pro sports

Reaction score
He was a good hire. Especially in contrast to the other guys Jerry was brining in to coach 'Mericas team.

But a ridiculously overrated hire as well.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
HC hired --> HC given complete autonomy to turn around 15-33 record --> HC hires staff --> staff finds elite QB for next decade --> team makes playoffs in first season of HC's tenure and becomes relevant again --> non-retarded fans conclude that HC was a good hire --> all other fans continue to prove why Dallas has the dumbest fanbase in pro sports

I haven't seen anybody say that Parcells wasn't a good hire. Just some that realize what he done here was not quite on par with what he done in NY. But he still gets credit as such.

Parcells did do a good job here. But he didn't reinvent the wheel as some would have you believe. And he did not find Romo, or was responsible for his development. That falls at the feet of Sean Payton and David Lee. If anything, Parcells stuck with his boy Bledsoe too long. People that claim Parcells is responsible for Romo are grasping at straws. Yeah, we should believe that a defensive coach was hands on with the development of a 3rd string UDFA QB. Please.

People that think Parcells is responsible for Romo "continue to prove why Dallas has the dumbest fanbase in pro sports."

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parcells didn't find Romo that was some coaches that Parcells hired. Duh.

90s dynasty owed entirely to our scouting department, fuck Jimmy Johnson.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Parcells didn't find Romo that was some coaches that Parcells hired. Duh.

90s dynasty owed entirely to our scouting department, fuck Jimmy Johnson.

If you're gonna go with that logic, I guess Jerry does deserve credit for those superbowls.

Reaction score
Even if Parcells found Romo and was responsible for his development - which he didn't, and wasn't - he still sat on the kid until the absolute last moment. Then handcuffed him with a cornball post season game plan against a depleted secondary. Then said "Fuck this I'm outta here" instead of rolling with the stud QB the next year.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
It was your logic I just carried it to it's idiotic conclusion.

You're purposely being obtuse.

Yeah, Parcells was the guy calling the shots. He hired his coaches. But if you think he'd even heard of the Mexican Favruh before the day he was signed, you're fooling yourself. That was Payton all the way.

As for his development, enter Payton and Lee. Like I said earlier, if you think Parcells was involved with the development of a 3rd string UDFA QB, while his background was defense, then there's not much more to say.

Reaction score
But back to the Dolphins... QB driven league? WGAS! I'm taking the LT even tho there's no dominant pass rushers in my division!

1980's FOOTBALL baby!!

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Got nothing?

Call Spunk Internet Posting 101. 1-800-Ima-Moron. Complete on-line class on how to say absolutely nothing while attempting to spin out of any ridiculous situation you may stumble into. Call in the next 10 minutes and receive a free how-to guide on how to neuter yourself while slinking back to a forum you claim to hate. Only 19.95. Unless of course you're democrat. Then we'll find somebody else to pay for it for you. Act now!!

Reaction score
People who think that Romo ending up in Dallas not being the result of Payton and Romo both being Eastern Illinois alumnis "continue to prove why Dallas has the dumbest fanbase in pro sports."

Parcells lucked into Romo.

Top Bottom