Reaction score
In fairness, the Cowboys out coached the Falcons in the first half.

I rewatched the 1st half again, holy shit there were massive holes. Amazing the Cowboys didn’t win that game with that type of start.

If you told me the Cowboys would score 28 points against the Falcons, i would have liked our chances.

Once Mincey was ruled out i knew the Defense would have problems.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't totally disagree with your entire post, but they ran it five times in the second half. That's pretty much giving up.

Not counting the last drive when they were down by 11 with little time left and no choice but to throw, do you know the run/pass play count?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So we couldn't stop the run because we're missing so many key guys up front???

Uh, that didn't stop us from shutting down the Giants run game, or making the Eagles run game completely non-existant. So what changed?

Oh.... Mincey didn't play. Well elect that fuck to the HOF FFS. He's that good, it seems.

Mincey is better than Crawford and Russell.

That said, Atlanta's offense is a lot better than NYG or Philly's. Their QB/WR guys are eons better than those other two teams.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Again, what should they have changed?

Say it ain't so Stephen......

Stephen Jones: Brandon Weeden has the arm to go downfield; Cowboys should've adjusted

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...o-go-downfield-cowboys-should-ve-adjusted.ece

"Our game plan was early, and obviously it worked real well, is we thought that we could work the underneath part of their coverage and run the football," Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Monday on 105.3 The Fan's G-Bag Nation show [KRLD-FM]. "Of course, the first half we did that real well. I think you got to give the Falcons a lot of credit, they adjusted. We didn't probably adjust as well as we needed to. We probably needed to be going to the outside group [of receivers] as they changed and adjusted there in the second half."

Reaction score
Cowboys beat Atlanta WITH Romo and Dez. Just sucks and bums me out because this is a good Cowboys team. Of all the seasons for the Cowboys to get the injury bug. NFC is weak this year.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Say it ain't so Stephen......

Stephen Jones: Brandon Weeden has the arm to go downfield; Cowboys should've adjusted

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...o-go-downfield-cowboys-should-ve-adjusted.ece

"Our game plan was early, and obviously it worked real well, is we thought that we could work the underneath part of their coverage and run the football," Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Monday on 105.3 The Fan's G-Bag Nation show [KRLD-FM]. "Of course, the first half we did that real well. I think you got to give the Falcons a lot of credit, they adjusted. We didn't probably adjust as well as we needed to. We probably needed to be going to the outside group [of receivers] as they changed and adjusted there in the second half."

I thought it was maybe Weeden checking it down to the underneath stuff.

In any event it's good to know that it's a coaching issue. Which kind of sucks because it keeps up with the reactionary approach this staff is known for.

At least Weeden's confidence isn't shot and maybe the coaches can design some stuff to open it up downfield a little.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus claimed the WR's didn't get open outside.

Check in with xwalker after he reviews the all 22 and get the real scoopage

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Then what's the use of bringing in a bunch of big-bodied guys if you aren't going to throw it to them even if they are covered? A lot of our receivers are basically as big as Keyshawn Johnson was, and Qbs had no problem getting him the ball even though he was basically covered.

That Brice Butler has a huge catching radius to go along with tremendous speed. He definitely could come down with a lot of jump balls downfield.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the issue with Butler right now is he has no idea where to go. He busted a couple routes badly vs Philly.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The coaches never heard of the go route?

Garrett has seen a one-trick pony before in Alvin Harper. He was the worst route runner out there, but he could go deep.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cowboys beat Atlanta WITH Romo and Dez. Just sucks and bums me out because this is a good Cowboys team. Of all the seasons for the Cowboys to get the injury bug. NFC is weak this year.

No doubt. Something we can take solace in. Romo of course would have gotten Dez the ball, but also the other WRs.

Definitely would be running away with this division.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think the gist of dbair's apology/excuse is that the Cowboys simply couldn't do anything, they were just helpless. They wanted to, but the Falcons said no.
LOL Brilliant!

Top Bottom