Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry says we have the talent.

So yes.

As long as u ignore the gaping holes in the roster, we should be good to go.

Reaction score

So yes.

I think it's because I'm watching the Combine. It's getting me excited for the upcoming season.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Being the incredible pessimist that I am, I'm still waiting and see what we do in Free Agency. Not necessarily who we actually sign but who we go after, bring in for visits.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else think we can win the Super Bowl in 2012?

Sure we can. Whether we will is entirely different story.

The worst team in the history of the super bowl just won one. Anything can happen.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

So yes.

The team that just won the championship had plenty of holes too.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The team that just won the championship had plenty of holes too.

Umm, not when healthy they didn't.

Your inability to credit the giants is ridiculous. They had players they drafted and signed in recent years on the field kicking everyone's ass on there way to there second super bowl in a handful of years.

They struggled in the middle of the season when they were missing players. As soon as they got healthy they went right back to playing well just like they did in the first part of the season.

And this giants team would beat recent super bowl winners in Indy 06 and Pitt 05 so I have no idea how u consider them the worst.

There is nothing wrong with realizing and admitting your team is not good, th key part is can they get better? We will find out, as of right now we are not a good football team...they proved it in spades in December.

The finish to this season was every bit as bad as the close to the 08 season. We just have to help they don't have a similar disastrous draft to follow it up again.

Reaction score
Middy has more mood swings than my PMSing Wife.

And no we are not going to be winning a Super Bowl anytime soon.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Your inability to credit the giants is ridiculous. They had players they drafted and signed in recent years on the field kicking everyone's ass on there way to there second super bowl in a handful of years.

They struggled in the middle of the season when they were missing players. As soon as they got healthy they went right back to playing well just like they did in the first part of the season.

And this giants team would beat recent super bowl winners in Indy 06 and Pitt 05 so I have no idea how u consider them the worst.

There is nothing wrong with realizing and admitting your team is not good, th key part is can they get better? We will find out, as of right now we are not a good football team...they proved it in spades in December.

The finish to this season was every bit as bad as the close to the 08 season. We just have to help they don't have a similar disastrous draft to follow it up again.

The Giants regular season record might say they are the "worst team in the history of the Superbowl" but the way the closed out the season says otherwise.

I'd bet that Giants team playing the way they were would beat half the SB winners over the last decade.

Any team that goes on the road to beat the #1 and #2 seeds in their division and then beats the #1 seed from the other division is playing at a level well above "worst".

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

ok

lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Giants regular season record might say they are the "worst team in the history of the Superbowl" but the way the closed out the season says otherwise.

I'd bet that Giants team playing the way they were would beat half the SB winners over the last decade.

Any team that goes on the road to beat the #1 and #2 seeds in their division and then beats the #1 seed from the other division is playing at a level well above "worst".

Thats another lol

Doesnt take very much at all to impress some of you people

Reaction score
Thats another lol

Doesnt take very much at all to impress some of you people

The Giants beat a 10-6 team, a 15-1 team, and a 13-3 team to get to the Super Bowl. Then beat a 13-3 team to win the Super Bowl.

And in every game, they looked like the better team.

You can keep hanging on that 9-7 regular season record... but that means nothing. They finished. Again.

While we collapsed. Again.

But yeah, they totally suck right?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Giants beat a 10-6 team, a 15-1 team, and a 13-3 team to get to the Super Bowl. Then beat a 13-3 team to win the Super Bowl.

And in every game, they looked like the better team.

You can keep hanging on that 9-7 regular season record... but that means nothing. They finished. Again.

While we collapsed. Again.

But yeah, they totally suck right?

They beat the number 1 seed in each conference, the pats twice during the season. They beat the 2 seed on the road along with the 1 seed defending champions on the road. They shutout atlanta at home in the wildcard round.

they are 5-1 against Dallas in the last 6 games, 3 of them were extremely important.

Yet, he cant simply say the giants are good which is painfully obvious.

As of right now they are better in the front office, Much better at head coach and have a better roster.

again, there is nothing wrong with saying your team is not good right now as long as it gets better. Are we going to get better that is the big issue, we have already seen a team like the giants get better.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They beat the number 1 seed in each conference, the pats twice during the season. They beat the 2 seed on the road along with the 1 seed defending champions on the road. They shutout atlanta at home in the wildcard round.

they are 5-1 against Dallas in the last 6 games, 3 of them were extremely important.

Yet, he cant simply say the giants are good which is painfully obvious.

As of right now they are better in the front office, Much better at head coach and have a better roster.

again, there is nothing wrong with saying your team is not good right now as long as it gets better. Are we going to get better that is the big issue, we have already seen a team like the giants get better.

They've been better than us.

But no, I dont think they are a "great" team by any stretch. They got hot at the right time and beat some pretty ordinary teams in the postseason. Atlanta was awful. New England and Green bay both fielded defenses that were some of the worst ever for a playoff team. SF didnt have an offense that scared anyone.

Like I said before, if they were 6-10 or something next year and didnt make the playoffs, I wouldnt be surprised at all.

Top Bottom