Reaction score
what would be your first 1-2 moves as the man in charge of this team (after attempting to group orgy 20 of the cheerleaders, of course)?

I would cut Bennett and fire Garrett...and then promptly hire a real GM.

Reaction score
First thing I would do is hire a GM-have him evaluate our position at coach on down. If he decides to fire Garret so be it.

I'd let him make all football decisions. I would ban all corporate purchasing of tickets except for box seats. I would lower the prices of every regular seat as to try and get more hardcore blue collar fans in there to make it a louder environment.

Reaction score
I'll tell you that I'd hire a real GM, but the reality is... I'd probably want to have my fingerprints on everything and be involved.

And most of you would do the same.

Why? Because you're a fan first. You'd be a business man second.

You spend hours online discussing the Cowboys, speculating, searching for rumors, etc. You don't think if you were at the head of the statue, with access to everything, you wouldn't be all up in it?

Lies. Lies. Lies.

So... it's in season, and I wouldn't force any roster changes on my coach - that I can say. So my first two moves would probably be to hire reputable, well known scouts/former coaches to break down every draft eligible quarterback in the NCAA, as well as dedicate similar resources to scouting offensive lineman and seeking out an offensive line coach replacement for Houck.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would hire Jerry as the gm and then immediately fire him. I would do that over and over.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
what would be your first 1-2 moves as the man in charge of this team (after attempting to group orgy 20 of the cheerleaders, of course)?

I would cut Bennett and fire Garrett...and then promptly hire a real GM.

You said 1-2 moves, then promptly listed 3. You're worse then Jerry for being over involved.

:tiptoe

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
well for starters everyone with the last name jones or garrett should probably find a suitcase and call a couple of movers because they would be moving on.

oh and Just for fun, I would find jerry on a golf course somewhere and break the news to him Jr and stephen. you know like landry!

after that I would find a gm and help him find a real figurehead as a head coach and then get the hell out of there while he hires a staff and molds the thing his way.

oh and I would bring in a construction company and tear down that mini building they have on the practice field for catering to corporate guests.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1. Hire a real GM and allow him the ability to evaluate and decide if he wants to keep Garrett.
2. Fire the hell out of Mickey Spagnola. I lie, first I would berate him for being the worst yes man in the entire media. I'd then show his firing on the big screen for the next home crowd. I might even air it on live TV.

Like Midswat said I would want to be involved but I would let the GM run the personnel. Less Jerry and more Robert Kraft.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I would also like to add that I would have rule.

no white men are to ever be allowed to

A.Sing the national anthem in the stadium
B.Sing God Bless America in the stadium.

they just cant do it.

Reaction score
I'll tell you that I'd hire a real GM, but the reality is... I'd probably want to have my fingerprints on everything and be involved.

And most of you would do the same.

Why? Because you're a fan first. You'd be a business man second.

You spend hours online discussing the Cowboys, speculating, searching for rumors, etc. You don't think if you were at the head of the statue, with access to everything, you wouldn't be all up in it?

Lies. Lies. Lies.

It's depends on if we made it about us or about the team. As owner I don't think it'd be too difficult to limit my role to hiring a quality GM and even collaborating with the GM on the HC hire. After that just sit back and enjoy the unlimited access and let the football men you hired do their jobs. The only time any involvement would need to take place is after a reasonable amount of time if the HC and/or GM isn't living up to expectations.

For Jerry though, he can't be satisfied with just hiring a GM and HC and having the access. He has to play fantasy GM with a real team. It's never worked since he's tried this ever since Jimmy left and doubtful it'll ever work looking at his track record.

So for me, as owner, the #1 move would be to hire a GM. Next would be to fire Garrett and hire a quality experienced HC.

If I were the GM then the first move would be to hire the quality HC. Next would be to try and find a replacement for Romo.

asklesko

Spectator
Reaction score
I would erect a guillotine in the middle of the field and march ol Jonesy boy up there. When he's got his head beneath the blade, I'd unfurl a scraggly old parchment and enumerate all of his offenses against Cowboys Nation. Then it would be off with his head. :)

Reaction score
So for me, as owner, the #1 move would be to hire a GM. Next would be to fire Garrett and hire a quality experienced HC.

If I were the GM then the first move would be to hire the quality HC. Next would be to try and find a replacement for Romo.

I'd give Romo a full offseason and a season with the first quality coaching he would have since the Parcells regime left, and see how much he develops. Garrett and his offensive staff are abysmal. Plus, if someone can turn Alex Smith into a winner, I am pretty sure that Romo could get it together with some solid coaching.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Fire Garrett.

Make Rob Ryan HC because I still heart him.

Name Jerry Jones OC.

Fire Garrett again. Just so the message is clear.

I'd then issue another press release a week later stating that I fired him just to get my point across.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Definitely cutting Brooking and James.

And if some homer asks me why would I do that, since we'd be short at ILB. I'd respond that we're already playing with a handicap on D trotting those 2 losers out there anways, I doubt Orie Lemon seeing significant snaps at ILB is going to hamstring us worse than we already are.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
And if some homer asks me why would I do that, since we'd be short at ILB. I'd respond that we're already playing with a handicap on D trotting those 2 losers out there anways, I doubt Orie Lemon seeing significant snaps at ILB is going to hamstring us worse than we already are.

I'd put Midswat out there since he acts like such a tough guy in our Fantasy Footbal League.

Top Bottom