Reaction score
And if some homer asks me why would I do that, since we'd be short at ILB. I'd respond that we're already playing with a handicap on D trotting those 2 losers out there anways, I doubt Orie Lemon seeing significant snaps at ILB is going to hamstring us worse than we already are.

All great points.

Reaction score
Fire Garrett.

Make Rob Ryan HC because I still heart him.

Name Jerry Jones OC.

Fire Garrett again. Just so the message is clear.

I'd then issue another press release a week later stating that I fired him just to get my point across.

lol

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah, he thinks he's pretty tough with that ban hammer too lol

I actually heart Midswat too tho so right after he passes out before taking his first snap at LB I would call a time out to avoid further injury.

Also, as owner... I would call the time out over the loud speakers in the stadium. I would do that shit all the time.

Matter of fact, you guys think Jerry is bad. . . I'd be down on the sideline with a head set on standing right next to the HC during the games.

When a play happens that I feel needs challenged. . . I would be the one taking the red flag out from the HC's sock and beaming the refs with it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd look for trading partners for Romo.

I think this might be the ultimate key to turning things around. I just dont think we're going any further with Romo.

Unless Romo returns to form (which is possible, although I doubt it more and more after each game) then we are potentially screwed if Jones forces Garrett to stick with him at QB.

The Raiders gave the Bungles a 1st and a conditional pick (which could be either a 1st or 2nd) for Carson Palmer. Romo has been alot better the last 5 years than Carson Palmer, so I think we'd get at least what they got (if not more). His value is not going to get any higher and if one draws the same conclusion that I have, then the time is right to trade him now.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think this might be the ultimate key to turning things around. I just dont think we're going any further with Romo.

Unless Romo returns to form (which is possible, although I doubt it more and more after each game) then we are potentially screwed if Jones forces Garrett to stick with him at QB.

The Raiders gave the Bungles a 1st and a conditional pick (which could be either a 1st or 2nd) for Carson Palmer. Romo has been alot better the last 5 years than Carson Palmer, so I think we'd get at least what they got (if not more). His value is not going to get any higher and if one draws the same conclusion that I have, then the time is right to trade him now.

Even if he returns to mistake prone form, I'd still look for trading partners.

Reaction score

Not happening. Palmer has a perception. He's 6'5" and a #1 draft pick.
And the raiders were desperate to make an in-season move to keep playoff hopes alive.

If a homer like you is so down on him what makes you think anyone would be so hot after him?
Any team needing a QB probably is picking very high and is thinking rebuild. Not a 31 year old ice cold Romo who's fan base would probably already hate.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We have to remember that even though Garrett might like Romo alot, Garrett still didn't choose him to be his QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not happening. Palmer has a perception. He's 6'5" and a #1 draft pick.
And the raiders were desperate to make an in-season move to keep playoff hopes alive.

If a homer like you is so down on him what makes you think anyone would be so hot after him?
Any team needing a QB probably is picking very high and is thinking rebuild. Not a 31 year old ice cold Romo who's fan base would probably already hate.

Alot of teams need QB's and not all of them will be able to get Andrew Luck. In fact only one will.

If you look around the league right now and say "who needs a legit starting QB" I come up with (in no particular order):

Redskins, Niners, Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, Browns & Dolphins...now the Dolphins very well could end up with the 1st pick and get Luck, what about the other 6 teams?

And no, I dont consider teams with Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy set at QB.

We could definitely find a trade partner if we put Romo on the block, and somebody would trade something of significant value to get him. Hell washed up Donovan McNabb fetched a couple of picks for the Eagles didnt he? The Bears gave up two firsts for Cutler, and the Bengals got at least a one and a two for Palmer. Romo has been alot better than any of those three.

Reaction score
You didn't answer why someone would go after romo when his own fanbase doesn't want him. Pete carrol and The seahawks would go after romo instead of Matt Barkley? Really?

Palmer is a different case b/c of Oakland desperation and palmers rep.

The cowboys would probably get a 2nd and change for romo. He's 31, injury prone, unpopular amongst the fan bases, and not a long term answer. Who's the former coordinator who's relationship with romo is so good they have to have him ?

Alot of teams need QB's and not all of them will be able to get Andrew Luck. In fact only one will.

If you look around the league right now and say "who needs a legit starting QB" I come up with (in no particular order):

Redskins, Niners, Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, Browns & Dolphins...now the Dolphins very well could end up with the 1st pick and get Luck, what about the other 6 teams?

And no, I dont consider teams with Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy set at QB.

We could definitely find a trade partner if we put Romo on the block, and somebody would trade something of significant value to get him. Hell washed up Donovan McNabb fetched a couple of picks for the Eagles didnt he? The Bears gave up two firsts for Cutler, and the Bengals got at least a one and a two for Palmer. Romo has been alot better than any of those three.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You didn't answer why someone would go after romo when his own fanbase doesn't want him. Pete carrol and The seahawks would go after romo instead of Matt Barkley? Really?

Palmer is a different case b/c of Oakland desperation and palmers rep.

The cowboys would probably get a 2nd and change for romo. He's 31, injury prone, unpopular amongst the fan bases, and not a long term answer. Who's the former coordinator who's relationship with romo is so good they have to have him ?

sorry but we totally disagree

also, why would the bears trade two firsts when the broncos didnt want cutler...why would the redskins trade what they did for mcnabb when the eagles didnt want him

if Romo were made available, we'd get a premium in return for him, no doubt in my mind about it

Reaction score
The eagles moved on after 12 years and 5 NFCG games. It was time to try something else.

Cutler forced his way out b/c Josh mcdaniels was a fucking clown. Plus cutler is younger and Also a top 10 pick. Romo went undrafted, who is such a big fan of his that they give up premium picks for him? All the teams you listed want to rebuild. Not sell their fans Tony romo. I'm telling you, his trade value is lukewarm. Give me the scenario.

sorry but we totally disagree

also, why would the bears trade two firsts when the broncos didnt want cutler...why would the redskins trade what they did for mcnabb when the eagles didnt want him

if Romo were made available, we'd get a premium in return for him, no doubt in my mind about it

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully with what appears to be a top 15 pick we'll take a quarterback.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The eagles moved on after 12 years and 5 NFCG games. It was time to try something else.

And we'd potentially be doing the same thing, plus Romo is better than McNabb was when he was traded.

Cutler forced his way out b/c Josh mcdaniels was a fucking clown. Plus cutler is younger and Also a top 10 pick. Romo went undrafted, who is such a big fan of his that they give up premium picks for him? All the teams you listed want to rebuild. Not sell their fans Tony romo. I'm telling you, his trade value is lukewarm. Give me the scenario.

Not every team wants to rebuild. Some of those teams have been rebuilding for years already. Every team knows if you have a legit QB you have a better chance to win.

I dont think it matters because Jones is probably too stupid to see this is the right thing to do, but if they did make it known Romo was available, somebody would definitely pay a legit price. No doubt in my mind at all. The guy's been a probowl QB and at times has looked like one of the best in the league.

Holmgren would probably see Romo as a perfect fit for their offense. Todd Haley loves Romo and now knows Cassel cant play a lick. Seattle was in the playoffs last yr and actually won a playoff game, and has some pieces in place elsewhere. A legit QB would definitely make them a real contender in their division. Same thing with the Niners, although I suspect Harbaugh wouldnt be all that keen on Romo's turnover prone ways. Fox and Elway arnt going to want to wait years to rebuild after th tebow experiment fails miserably. And we all know Shanahan loves Romo and would love to have him, although I probably wouldnt trade Romo within the division unless the Redfskins just made a ridiculously stupid offer.

Top Bottom