Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Do you REALLY think Vaughn would just come in and take the league by storm and hang 400 yards on an opponent?
I do. The kid is one of the most prolific passers in all of NCAA, regardless of division. He is mentally tough and physically tough. He is highly intelligent but more importantly, quick thinker on his feet. I watched him closely for three years.

All I want to see is for him to get that chance to show what he can do.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think they are very desirous of Murray getting 2000. That is the only way to explain the volume of work he got in trash time.
I believe it's Jerruh wanting only for Murray to break Emmitt's team rushing record. The 2000 yard mark would only be gravy.

Another feather in his imaginary "I did this without Jimmy or any of his players" cap.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe it's Jerruh wanting only for Murray to break Emmitt's team rushing record. The 2000 yard mark would only be gravy.

Yeah I'm not sure about that. The team was so worried during that Rams game when Murray broke Emmitt's single game rushing record that they (coaches) had to call up to Jerry and make sure he was ok with it. Supposedly Jerry had to be talked into this being ok by others.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure about that. The team was so worried during that Rams game when Murray broke Emmitt's single game rushing record that they (coaches) had to call up to Jerry and make sure he was ok with it. Supposedly Jerry had to be talked into this being ok by others.
I didn't hear this nugget.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dude, wait, what? This isn't serious, is it?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Several of the Cowboy beat writers reported on it after the game and the next day. I have no idea if its really true, but that's what they claimed.
But even if accurate, really only says they didn't or don't know about what I believe about Jerruh and Emmitt's records.

Reaction score
Of all the teams we've defeated this year, only one of them (Seattle) currently has a winning record. Beat the Eagles or Colts and prove to me that you can hang with some of the better teams in the league.

Proven?

Last edited:
Top Bottom