Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
First, they should only have 14 points scored. Second, we are NOT beating philly or indy with this defense. So what does this win matter? Absolutely nothing, except to the ginger-cocksuckers.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dallas beat another bad team. Good for them.

They have two games coming up against teams with a winning record. We know what happens in those games. One of those are at home too, where they rarely win.

I really wish Chicago would've come back and won that game tonight. This just prolongs the agony and makes the red headed ****** extension a reality.

This will not end well.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not sure if we beat the Eagles( I think we have a good chance with the rest we get) but we will run all over the Colts and not allow them to get going.

Bunch of negitive Nancy's up in here. At the start of the year most had us pegged at 5 wins. Enjoy the ride.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I decided for the first time in a long time to shut off the game and go to bed. Then I see we almost let them back in the game. Wow
. This defense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We should just 'enjoy the ride' and if we don't like what we see, should just stay quiet about it? I do not understand this mentality.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We've beat ONE team in two years over .500. Moral victories!!!

Reaction score
Chicago was a hapless team. They had zero fight in them for the first 53 minutes.

They were like zombies out there. The one guy with any fire was Marshall, and when he left what little chance the Bears had went away.

This win doesn't tell me much. Other than were finally incorporating Beasley into the offense more and that the team wants Murray to get 2k yards. No doubt a marketing ploy by Jerry.

24 touches in the first half alone. Does he not have a back up?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
and that the team wants Murray to get 2k yards. No doubt a marketing ploy by Jerry.

24 touches in the first half alone. Does he not have a back up?

Dude I'm sorry, but this is a pretty stupid take.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think they are very desirous of Murray getting 2000. That is the only way to explain the volume of work he got in trash time.

There was no trash time last night...the defense made a blowout win into somewhat of a nail biter

Reaction score
]
Dude I'm sorry, but this is a pretty stupid take.

So you don't think it was a little odd that Murray didn't come out at all? Randle got one carry. One. Dunbar none.

If you look at the number of touches he had, and I think it was like 31 rushed and almost 10 receptions... just seems a touch excessive. Especially considering his injury history and how well Randle and Dunbar has played in a reserve roll.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
]

So you don't think it was a little odd that Murray didn't come out at all? Randle got one carry. One. Dunbar none.

If you look at the number of touches he had, and I think it was like 31 rushed and almost 10 receptions... just seems a touch excessive. Especially considering his injury history and how well Randle and Dunbar has played in a reserve roll.

I think its the product of a few things:

1) This coaching staff (particularly the red headed genius) is desperate to win and get to the playoffs.
2) The defense is a dumpster fire
3) They trust Murray far more than anyone else at RB because not only is he a great runner, he's an exceptional receiver/safety valve and a pretty good blocker against the blitz
4) Murray is just good. Earlier in the year they asked Linehan about giving him the ball so much and his comment was simply that he's just too good not to take advantage of.
5) I think some of it is Murray's attitude as well. He doesn't want to come out of games. We've seen for years his reaction when he was running good and the team gave up on the run.

Lastly, while I would hope this doesn't truly play a part, I think it might have been TE who floated the idea early in the season that the team pretty much knew they weren't going to resign him after this season and decided they were going to get every drop of production and time out of him that they could this year, knowing it didn't matter if they ran him into the ground or not.

Reaction score
Hard to buy the "trust him" argument when he fumbles like he does.

I'm just saying... wouldn't surprise me if jerry wants that 2k mark. And if he gets that, he'll be here next year.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hard to buy the "trust him" argument when he fumbles like he does.

I'm just saying... wouldn't surprise me if jerry wants that 2k mark. And if he gets that, he'll be here next year.

Backs that get as many touches as Murray is getting are used up in the end. Look at Larry Johnson, Stephen Jackson and Edgerrin James. Fell off the cliff quickly.

Reaction score
Backs that get as many touches as Murray is getting are used up in the end. Look at Larry Johnson, Stephen Jackson and Edgerrin James. Fell off the cliff quickly.

I agree. In fact I remember reading or watching something years ago that pointed out when backs eclipse the 400 carry mark one year, they're basically not worth a shit the following year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not sure if we beat the Eagles( I think we have a good chance with the rest we get) but we will run all over the Colts and not allow them to get going.

Bunch of negitive Nancy's up in here. At the start of the year most had us pegged at 5 wins. Enjoy the ride.

So do you still think that this team, as remarkably healthy as it is, has five-win talent? You can't claim this team has 5-11 talent and Gingerboy is driving them to play far beyond their ability, can you? Because if you are, I just don't know what to tell you.

This thread is awesome. People here get it. Jerry is making horrible management decisions like hiring a robot stooge, deciding who his coordinators will be, who will and will not call the plays, walking to the sideline to tell said stooge the health status of his injured QB, etc. And in the short term, it's being rewarded. And sadly, that's only going to encourage him. But it's not the right way to do things.

And on Murray... Hitzges was talking about this last night. IIRC he's now on pace to get more touches than anyone ever? It's over 450 touches. I know it's more than anyone since that LJ season that finished him. He's on pace to blow Emmitt's highest-ever mark out of the water.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry has proven he's a moron so I don't know what he sees when he watches our game. Probably just looks for the waitress and his next drink.
Jason is a robot, programmed with cliches, so I don't know what he sees or feels when he watches the games.

I have to believe someone with some sort of say, Will McClay, Stephen Jones, someone, anyone...looks at this f'd up defense and knows that they have to fix that crap this off-season. This ground-and-pound attack is a perfect counter for all of these high flying offenses but it's really being wasted on this turn style we call a defense.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Of all the teams we've defeated this year, only one of them (Seattle) currently has a winning record. Beat the Eagles or Colts and prove to me that you can hang with some of the better teams in the league.

Top Bottom