Grade the Cowboys performance in the draft through round 3

• Total voters

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know. I like a majority of the picks, but at the same time I'm feeling a little underwhelmed.

Not a huge Frederick or Wilcox fan. Think they are solid. Terrence Williams is OK and you all know that I'm a big fan of what the Packers do seemingly every year, taking a WR sometime in the 2nd round.

The only selection that I really love is Gavin Escobar.

Reaction score
Gave it a C, but feel I'm being slightly generous.

I love the Frederick pick.

I can be sold on the Escobar pick, based on what I've read about him.

I don't get the Terrance Williams pick. We seem fairly stacked at receiver - Miles, Dez, Harris is decent. Got Escobar now. Still have Witten. Oh, and the coach said he wants to run more. Still only 1 football..... I don't get it.

I hate the JJ Wilcox pick. This literally feels like a wasted draft pick. I'm so tired of these project players. Ugh.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
good players B+
ignoring glaring needs D

that somehow averaged out to a low B for me.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Don't hate the players as much as the methodology of where, when, and why we took them.

The only pick I wish was a complete do over is Escobar.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Don't hate the players as much as the methodology of where, when, and why we took them.

The only pick I wish was a complete do over is Escobar.

I kinda agree. I don't dislike the players. I just don't think Dallas got good value on any of them. Frederick is great, in the late second/early third. I expected a much smarter draft with more attention to the trenches. I would have liked a DE to replace Spencer and backup Ware. I have a very bad feeling about this draft.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Loathe the Escobar pick. Not a pressing need, and I fear he's too tall to be a nimble pass catcher.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL Drama queen.

Come on sir, you are better than this.

Just trying to fit in.

all u cool kids say we blew it and u are all so much smarter than me.

So I am just trying to fit in.

Reaction score
Escobar is a great athlete but who cares when you have Witten.
Terrance Williams is a slick one dimensional WR but not when you have Miles, Dez, and Harris who are multidimensional.
Frederick is a solid pick but not in round 1.
Wilcox is like a having a player start his NFL career with only one year at his position and only one on defense.

C stands for con man. Garrett is buying himself another year while making the excuse that once these players develop, he will start winning.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
They can say hi all they want but with this current team and offense structure he won't be close to matching their production much less targets.

You have a good point. This is not the Patriots offense. News flash..... Dallas has had more than just Witten at the TE position and they never have been able to make an impact. I.see the rookie TE as an eventual Witten replacement, not as an added offensive threat to be used at the same time with Witten.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't injuries ultimately do him in?

Oh, and Jimmy Graham and Rob Grownkowski say hi.

That would be the equivalent of Dallas hitting the lottery. You should pray he's even half as good as those guys.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
C stands for con man. Garrett is buying himself another year while making the excuse that once these players develop, he will start winning.
Haha...

I hope you aren't right, but one thing I don't like about this draft is all the emphasis on offense. The message is clear that they thought the only problem on defense was coaching while the offense simply didn't have enough talent.

I don't agree with that at all and it's scary that JJ could be thinking it.

Top Bottom