boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He didn't look so embarrassed the 2012 season. Carter looked damn good then.

His fall off is rather bizarre. I read somewhere he tried to blame the change to the 4-3, but he played the 4-3 WOLB all his career at UNC and was so good at it that he was a consensus 1st rd pick, and most believed an early 1st rd pick had he not been injured.
I just think the guy's a lazy dumbass. The brief period in 2012 when he looked good subbing for Lee could have just been that they dumbed things down for him.

The ROLB in the Tampa system is very complex and the responsibilities are huge, it is the second most important position behind the 3-technique. Just think of it this way...you could argue Chicago missed Lance Briggs more than Urlacher when both were injured. The ROLB goes sideline to sideline just as much, while the MLB has the deep middle to patrol. Once San Diego picked on Carter, it was pretty much over for him mentally. He even got benched for Ernie Sims for a spell.

Shazier is getting some good marks from evaluators...I am warming up to the idea to be honest.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meh, I'm not against really any position if a guy is a great enough talent. But to me, he better be Lance Briggs if we take one that high.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus saying the trade down target is Demarcus Lawrence fwiw

Fisher saying Cowboys people love Tom Savage, also says the Cowboys already have trade down deals set up.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we come out of the top 2 rounds with Demarcus Lawrence and Tom Savage I would be pissed. I'd also go ahead and miss the 6 and 10 season we have coming up.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Broaddus saying the trade down target is Demarcus Lawrence fwiw

Fisher saying Cowboys people love Tom Savage, also says the Cowboys already have trade down deals set up.

Let's just tell everyone what we plan on doing and who we like.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
image.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If we come out of the top 2 rounds with Demarcus Lawrence and Tom Savage I would be pissed. I'd also go ahead and miss the 6 and 10 season we have coming up.

Yeah never mind if those guys turn out to be good players right?

Seems like an awful lot of people think Lawrence is going late first or early second now.

I doubt we draft Savage (or any other QB on day two) unless we have extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rd.

So come down off your ledge.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll come off the ledge and soon as you come off your meds.

Lawrence is solid and could end up being very good. My statement was that if you took this 8-8 team, subtract Ware and Hatcher, and then add Jeremy fricken Mincey, Henry Melton, Lawrence, and Savage, and expect it to be improved, then you are even more delusional than I imagined. I already think you are pretty damn delusional so that's saying a lot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll come off the ledge and soon as you come off your meds.

Lawrence is solid and could end up being very good. My statement was that if you took this 8-8 team, subtract Ware and Hatcher, and then add Jeremy fricken Mincey, Henry Melton, Lawrence, and Savage, and expect it to be improved, then you are even more delusional than I imagined. I already think you are pretty damn delusional so that's saying a lot.

ok

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From Prisco's latest column:

Demarcus Lawrence, OLB-DE, Boise State: At 6-2 1/2, 257 pounds, he is a player who has moved up during this draft process as teams evaluate him. He was a defensive end at Boise, but he could be a perfect 3-4 rusher outside. I wouldn't be shocked to see him make his way into the back end of the first round.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Gosselin starts pimping him in the next day and a half then expect us to draft him. I hope we get a lot when we trade down to draft him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Gosselin starts pimping him in the next day and a half then expect us to draft him. I hope we get a lot when we trade down to draft him.

The team needs a pass rushing RDE badly. They probably arnt getting someone like Lawrence or Crighton where they pick in round two. If they trade down to the bottom of round one, either of those guys make some sense there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
you guys want to win games?

Money Manziel is our ticket. dont fight it.

Your right, he'd help us win at least two games a yr if he played QB in our division for Philly, NYG or Wash. Lets hope one of them takes him.

Top Bottom