Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
No one is saying age limits shouldn't be set. This isn't always a black and white issue though. Sound judgement should be used when determining the severity of the situation. The law was actually started to prevent adults from touching children, not 18 yr olds from dating 14 year olds.

In some places, nyc being one, cops and judges pay little attention to those who are smoking a joint or in possession of a small amount of weed. Technically, it's against the law, but they use sound judgement and recognize that it's not the same as someone with a pound of weed preparing to distribute it. Certain situations are worse than others. All it takes is a little brain power to figure out.

Yeah, but didn't the parents of the 14 year old bring this to the attention of the police?

It would be different if the cops walked in on the 2 having sex and were like, "Ok, this isn't right, but it's not as bad as so and so."

If the parents are wanting this addressed, then the law can't exercise 'sound judgment' anymore.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And would you be happy if the cops let Ben_In_Austin go because he was holding just a dime bag? I don't think so.

You'd want him sent to the gallows.

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And would you be happy if the cops let Ben_In_Austin go because he was holding just a dime bag? I don't think so.

You'd want him sent to the gallows.

Everything else people are saying is retarded. This however, funny. lol

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Furthermore, there aren't many states that will just look the other way when an 18 year old is diddling a 14 year old. No one here has offered an alternative punishment. The courts already offered a plea deal, which she rejected. What do people think should happen? That the state should look the other way on grounds the parents might be homophobic? Seriously?

You sound like a fucking idiot when you say 18 year olds diddle 14 year olds. Just saying.

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You sound like a fucking idiot when you say 18 year olds diddle 14 year olds. Just saying.

diddle

verb (used without object)
1.Informal. to toy; fool (usually followed by with ): The kids have been diddling with the controls on the television set again.
2.to waste time; dawdle (often followed by around ): You would be finished by now if you hadn't spent the morning diddling around.
3.Informal. to move back and forth with short rapid motions.
verb (used with object)
4.Informal. to move back and forth with short rapid motions; jiggle: Diddle the switch and see if the light comes on.
5.Slang.
a.to copulate with.
b.to practice masturbation upon.

Perhaps your definition of "fucking idiot" is different than mine, but I wouldn't apply the phrase to people who are simply using words correctly. But you stay calm, cool, and collected, minimalist. Either way, my question stands.

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
diddle

verb (used without object)
1.Informal. to toy; fool (usually followed by with ): The kids have been diddling with the controls on the television set again.
2.to waste time; dawdle (often followed by around ): You would be finished by now if you hadn't spent the morning diddling around.
3.Informal. to move back and forth with short rapid motions.
verb (used with object)
4.Informal. to move back and forth with short rapid motions; jiggle: Diddle the switch and see if the light comes on.
5.Slang.
a.to copulate with.
b.to practice masturbation upon.

Perhaps your definition of "fucking idiot" is different than mine, but I wouldn't apply the phrase to people who are simply using words correctly. But you stay calm, cool, and collected, minimalist. Either way, my question stands.

Clever! I smell bullshit. So you're going to say that the word diddle isn't most commonly used when talk about child molesters? Nice game you're playing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=diddler

Reaction score
That picture of that 18 year old... she's pretty hott.

Give me 20 minutes with her and I'll knock the gay right off of her.

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't necessarily use it in such a way. But, by all means, let's appeal to the urban dictionary. It's a resource for the English language on par with the OED.

Yes, because the meaning of words never evolve and take on new meaning. Dictionaries are always on the cutting edge of adopting new words and revising the meaning of old words.

Funny, I wasn't the only one who thought diddle connotes child molestation. Your OED isn't serving you so well. Try and keep up with the times. :D

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The OED is, in fact, constantly being updated. Dictionaries aren't static. This isn't Latin. Diddle can apply to child molestation...but it doesn't have to. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The OED is, in fact, constantly being updated. Dictionaries aren't static. This isn't Latin. Diddle can apply to child molestation...but it doesn't have to. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.

What is your question?

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What is your question?

What would you have law enforcement and the judge do? This isn't like looking the other way when someone is smoking a joint. This is about an activity between two people, one of whom is not old enough to consent legally to the activity. What sort of punishment should be doled out?

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What would you have law enforcement and the judge do? This isn't like looking the other way when someone is smoking a joint. This is about an activity between two people, one of whom is not old enough to consent legally to the activity. What sort of punishment should be doled out?

Pretty sure "not old enough to consent legally" is up for debate. So they are legally able to sleep with a 17 yr old. They aren't legally able to sleep with an 18 yr old. Got it!

I don't think there should be any punishment doled out for an 18 year old sleeping with his 14 yr girlfriend. If it's a serial thing and a guy who has proven to take advantage of girls, fine. Give him probation and a restraining order. It doesn't have to be so black and white. If parents want to file a restraining order because they feel like their child could be taken advantage of, so be it. We're talking about teenagers here, not criminals. The idea that an 18 year old could face 15 years in prison and "sexual predator" attached to their name for the rest of their life for sleeping with their 14 yr old girlfriend is fucking retarded.

Last edited:

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pretty sure "not old enough to consent legally" is up for debate. So they are legally able to sleep with a 17 yr old. They aren't legally able to sleep with an 18 yr old. Got it!

Yes. That's the law. In order to prevent acts such as pedophilia and adults taking sexual advantage of minors, there must be a cutoff age. It's not going to be perfect.

If you take issue with laws intended to protect minors from sex acts by adults, that's certainly your right.

I don't think there should be any punishment doled out for an 18 year old sleeping with his 14 yr girlfriend. If it's a serial thing and a guy who has proven to take advantage of girls, fine. Give him probation and a restraining order. It doesn't have to be so black and white. If parents want to file a restraining order because they feel like their child could be taken advantage of, so be it. We're talking about teenagers here, not criminals. The idea that an 18 year old could face 15 years in prison and "sexual predator" attached to their name for the rest of their life for sleeping with their 14 yr old girlfriend is fucking retarded.

They offered the 18 year old a plea bargain, which she rejected. That's hardly black and white.

It seems you have issue with the law as it is written. You either think age limits need to be changed or eliminated altogether.

Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes. That's the law. In order to prevent acts such as pedophilia and adults taking sexual advantage of minors, there must be a cutoff age. It's not going to be perfect.

If you take issue with laws intended to protect minors from sex acts by adults, that's certainly your right.

They offered the 18 year old a plea bargain, which she rejected. That's hardly black and white.

It seems you have issue with the law as it is written. You either think age limits need to be changed or eliminated altogether.

Damnit! You figured me out. I want children to be molested and for full grown adults to be able to diddle children.

It's actually painful talking to you now. Keep making fantasyland statements that aren't even remotely close to what's being discussed. If that's your way of debating so be it. It's literally fucking retarded though.

Top Bottom