Reaction score
And why was it that way?

Ill allow your answer to the question "why is it bad?" To be institutionalized systematical racism over a hundred years. I mean of course, it has to be. But How is that a solution ? Just have a dad peeking over your shoulder after school and you'll be fine.

Sure, once you you're in the job market you'll find it tougher than the average white guy to advance but at least you won't be unable up open a bank account.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
DID YOU KNOW

5 out of 7 kids waiting in the BB/BS program are male

and less than 40% of applicants to be a BB/BS are male

Makes sense because naturally we're prone to be less concerned with the young, but still.

Reaction score
Boy Scout meeting:
Alright who's volunteering to chaperone the boys on the overnight campout?
Bill: "ME!!"
Alright bill, you're out

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There's that stigma too, which is what kept me from signing up for so long. But I talked to some people and they were like "nah it's not creepy at all for a single guy approaching 30 to want to hang out with a young boy 1 on 1" so I decided to do it.

Reaction score
There's moms in boyscouts too which alleviated my concerns.

I mean, I know men and women are exactly the same in every way with no differences but I trust women with kids more

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you're a little brother you can be assigned to a chick if you're 7-11.

How big of a bummer would that be?

Reaction score
And why was it that way?

Ill allow your answer to the question "why is it bad?" To be institutionalized systematical racism over a hundred years. I mean of course, it has to be. But How is that a solution ? Just have a dad peeking over your shoulder after school and you'll be fine.

Sure, once you you're in the job market you'll find it tougher than the average white guy to advance but at least you won't be unable up open a bank account.

I have my interview to be a Big Brother on Tuesday.

:cr

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bing-fucking-O.

So when half the country elects people who have pledged to not raise taxes ON THE PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD IT, as I mentioned earlier....who is getting hit now? I know I am. Because we can't get a single fucking deal through congress that increases taxes on the people who can most afford it, while giving the people who could really use a break, said break. Because god forbid we tax our benevolent "job creators" at a rate they were taxed at when this country was actually prosperous and growth was possible.

It doesn't end with the "rich". The temptation to raise taxes so other people can spend it is the problem. We have enough revenue, politicians just can't control their propensity to spend money that isn't theirs; we piss away billions upon billions without a care in the world.

And for all the talk about not raising taxes on the middle class, I'm paying almost $500 more a month in social security payments since January 1st that I doubt I'll ever see in my lifetime. That's 6,000 a year less that I have to spend that would go towards college for my three kids, my retirement, a car payment for my 16 year old, etc. It's a "game changer" for the middle class like me. Tack on the increase in the price of gas and all the added taxes on goods caused by over regulating everything in life and I have less money to spend than when I was making half my salary 10 years ago. That's absurd.

I don't know which assholes are responsible for the increase in social security taxes, whether it be Republican or Democrat. It's not the point. But I do know that all this "protect the middle class" talk is complete bullshit.

I will say this though with absolutely no disrespect intended. I surmised from your posts that you were single and didn't have any children. When I was younger and single, I didn't have a care in the world. I didn't even look at my paycheck which was getting directly deposited to my bank account. My employer could have cheated me many times over and I wouldn't have known it. Life was good and it revolved around hanging out with family and friends, drinking beer, getting laid and watching football. Hogging was a way of life and "go ugly early" a good motto for guys who just didn't give a shit.

But when you get married and have kids, this shit gets real serious and even personal. These assholes are taxing, spending and regulating this country into oblivion. My income is too high so my kids won't quality for college grants but I don't make enough to put all three of kids through college. Yes, I've worked hard and tried to be smart with money by saving throughout the years, but the savings couldn't keep up with the rate of increase for goods and services, not to mention property taxes, school taxes, social security taxes, etc. That's the unfortunate reality of today's middle class and you won't be so forgiving when you have kids of your own to worry about.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They are poor because frankly, there is a certain amount of ease to it.

Real work is alien to the lower class in this country. There is no work ethic.

You can bitch, while collecting food stamps and welfare checks.

It really is a great system.

Is it? So great that you've adopted it or still not that great yet?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dodger I feel like you might have completely misunderstood what I was saying. I was advocating that the middle class should be getting relief right now, and the heaviest tax burden should be placed on those who can most afford it.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
While I do not disagree that the 35% rate on the top bracket needs to back to the 70% it was when we actually used to be fiscally responsible, the Bush tax cuts as a whole need to go.

If you are poor as shit, and worrying about putting a roof over your head then fine. OTOH, everyone else needs to pay for their SS and medicare like the rest of us. We need to quit behaving like the baby boomers and actually try and be responsible with our fiscal policy.

We also need a wealth tax for all the fucks that voted themselves free rides for the last 30 years and are now riding off into the Medicare sunset.

BraveHeartFan

Spectator
Reaction score
Dodger I feel like you might have completely misunderstood what I was saying. I was advocating that the middle class should be getting relief right now, and the heaviest tax burden should be placed on those who can most afford it.

A good stance that I would agree with you on.

Top Bottom