yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Barry had a HOF QB and still took us to two NFC Title games and a Super Bowl Championship.

Wade Phillips with Romo had more success than Garrett has. Wade didn't routinely blow second half leads and abandon the run game. Wade didn't ice his own kicker. Wade didn't go 0-3 in win and your in divisional games. And Wade didn't coach when the NFC East was as soft as it is now.

Campo was a garbage coach, but he NEVER had a QB. And he was saddled by Jerry and Lacewell as a GM and running the draft, as well as salary cap hell.

Jason is in the best situation since Jimmy Johnson, and he has done basically nothing with it.

He is a clueless. Offers zero on gameday. Has little imput on personnel. His next in game adjustment will be his first. All he is good for is bland PCs. He just thinks if he hangs enough motivational posters on the wall, the team will win.

Jesus how many times did you have to hear Phil Simms comment on how predictable we are on offense? And we have an offensive minded head coach? You shitting me?

I aint wasting keystrokes arguing with you, I'm not happy either, we're stuck with him amigo.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
bloggif_561b01213ffe1.gif

giphy.gif

It's like when your foreman starts to get really chummy with you right before he lays you off.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is yimyammer and EverlastingXXX one and the same?

lol, you haven't been paying attention amigo, I'm one of the most negative people around here

maybe I need to follow your lead to get my points across better AND START USING MORE CAPS!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Barry had a HOF QB and still took us to two NFC Title games and a Super Bowl Championship.

Wade Phillips with Romo had more success than Garrett has. Wade didn't routinely blow second half leads and abandon the run game. Wade didn't ice his own kicker. Wade didn't go 0-3 in win and your in divisional games. And Wade didn't coach when the NFC East was as soft as it is now.

Campo was a garbage coach, but he NEVER had a QB. And he was saddled by Jerry and Lacewell as a GM and running the draft, as well as salary cap hell.

Jason is in the best situation since Jimmy Johnson, and he has done basically nothing with it.

He is a clueless. Offers zero on gameday. Has little imput on personnel. His next in game adjustment will be his first. All he is good for is bland PCs. He just thinks if he hangs enough motivational posters on the wall, the team will win.

Jesus how many times did you have to hear Phil Simms comment on how predictable we are on offense? And we have an offensive minded head coach? You shitting me?

And Phil Simms is an idiot
So if he can see it the three year old eating her own poop in the corner can see it too

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Garrett's a leader and a warrior. He fights to the bitter end and his troops play 60 minutes of football. Bad football, but football none the less.

Fucking clapping dolt.....

Also, that gif needs to find it's way over to CZ. Classic.

Reaction score
I hate this guy.

Jason Garrett said:
"Certainly, they are playing at a very high level," Garrett said. "I think you stay out there, and you keep battling and keep fighting and try to get some stops.

"They were able to run the ball a little bit better in the second half. They were a little bit better in getting away from the man coverage in the second half. The quarterback did a good job of delivering the throws and making the plays.''

Reaction score
:lol

Let's start with the coin flip, as we so often do. Sixteen years of studying Bill Belichick's Patriot operation would teach you that it is never a good idea to receive the ball at the start of any game against New England. If you do this, the Patriots are almost certain to punish you by breaking your will to live with their patented "double-score" at the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half. This age old maneuver, accomplished almost every week, generally breaks the back of the Patriot opponent, virtually certifying that the Patriots will win.

It was Bill Russell, the greatest winner and best defender in the history of American sports, who was first to observe that the key to playing good defense was to make your opponent do something he does not want to do. This is why when you play Belichick, you should make him take the ball at the start of the game. Even if the Pats should run it down your throat and take a 7-0 lead, you eliminate the Pats' plan to score in the final minute of the second half and on their first possession of the third quarter.

So what did Princeton-man Jason Garrett do when he won the coin toss Sunday. He opted for the ball.

Reaction score
lol, no way man, Id take him over Wade, Campo or Barry

I'll buy that he cant stack up as an offensive coordinator against who he has to compete against but it appears Linehan has that job now unless you're suggesting Garrett is over-ruling his decisions

If you've watched this team while jerri has been owner, you have to know, he's never gonna bring the kind of coach in we'd like to have

Everything is convoluted with jerri and it always will be imo

The scheme that Linehan and Garrett run both have red zone problems because of the routes being more about distance and the position of the DB who are pulled in closer naturally because the red zone is limited space. But historically, Linehan has a quite a bit of success with running back yards and finds a way to use them. Jason's playbook has never include much emphasis on running the ball unless Sparano or Callahan were heavily involved. We found out after Callahans first year of "calling plays" that Jason was over riding the play calls. Linehan is basically a political candidate running for office in 1980s USSR: he already had the job because he already abides by the propaganda. Linehan calls the plays that the defense and Jason gives him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once they label you as a homer, it’s tough to get rid of it. Jock itch is easier to get rid of.

It's not being a homer that carry's with you. Everyone here has been a homer at one point or another. I was a rabid homer for years, even through the Campo years. It's a homer's tendency to defend everything and be blind to the team's obvious faults. For example, bring in Brandon Weeden? He's the bomb....he played on a bad team / no one could win with that team....we're so deep and talented that Weeden will excel here.....he's got all the tools and was a great pick-up.......NOTE: insert DMac for the same excuses. Garrett is exposed to any sane fan for the past 8 years but homers excuse EVERYTHING. He gets play calling taken away and neutered? A homer views it as a testament to Garrett's greatness because he'll be a great walk-around HC.....it plays into his strengths as a game manager and talent evaluator........hey, Landry and Jimmy did it and it worked out......Red is the next Landry and Jimmy!!!!! Red doesn't run it because of the OL.....build the OL and we still can't run and it's the RB's.......lose without Romo and it's because we didn't have Romo......lose with Romo and it's because of something else.

It's comical. The evidence is really unbelievable but people become too invested in their opinions. I can actually accept a coherent argument and my opinion can be swayed; homers just can't, reasoning be damned.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's not being a homer that carry's with you. Everyone here has been a homer at one point or another. I was a rabid homer for years, even through the Campo years. It's a homer's tendency to defend everything and be blind to the team's obvious faults. For example, bring in Brandon Weeden? He's the bomb....he played on a bad team / no one could win with that team....we're so deep and talented that Weeden will excel here.....he's got all the tools and was a great pick-up.......NOTE: insert DMac for the same excuses. Garrett is exposed to any sane fan for the past 8 years but homers excuse EVERYTHING. He gets play calling taken away and neutered? A homer views it as a testament to Garrett's greatness because he'll be a great walk-around HC.....it plays into his strengths as a game manager and talent evaluator........hey, Landry and Jimmy did it and it worked out......Red is the next Landry and Jimmy!!!!! Red doesn't run it because of the OL.....build the OL and we still can't run and it's the RB's.......lose without Romo and it's because we didn't have Romo......lose with Romo and it's because of something else.

It's comical. The evidence is really unbelievable but people become too invested in their opinions. I can actually accept a coherent argument and my opinion can be swayed; homers just can't, reasoning be damned.
DING DING DING!

Because for many, it's just FAITH. It's more akin to a religion than to a sports team. They actually believe that if we'll all just collectively BELIEVE and eschew all reason, critical thinking (all called "negativity") and mindlessly make it all sunshine and rainbows, it will translate to success in February. Yes, they really do believe that.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just don't see where wanting a team to win yet being objective about their players or management are incompatible at all.

Doesn't mean you're miserable, you want them to lose, you hate life, or any of that nonsense. It just means you're judging them fairly. No reason you can't do both.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just don't see where wanting a team to win yet being objective about their players or management are incompatible at all.

Doesn't mean you're miserable, you want them to lose, you hate life, or any of that nonsense. It just means you're judging them fairly. No reason you can't do both.
Homers want the team to win and all the "negative" people to shut up.

I want the team to win, but have strong opinions about why it's not happening, and likely won't for the foreseeable future.

Reaction score
It's not being a homer that carry's with you. Everyone here has been a homer at one point or another. I was a rabid homer for years, even through the Campo years. It's a homer's tendency to defend everything and be blind to the team's obvious faults.

Being very positive about a team coming off a 12-4 record and winning a playoff game doesn’t seem too irrational to me. I do agree that not everything the team does can be defended, although you can sometimes see the thinking behind it, right or wrong.

For example, bring in Brandon Weeden? He's the bomb....he played on a bad team / no one could win with that team....we're so deep and talented that Weeden will excel here.....he's got all the tools and was a great pick-up.......NOTE: insert DMac for the same excuses.

When the Cowboys signed Weeden, i rewatched his entire season with the Browns. The guy can’t play. The way the Cowboys has dealt with the backup QB position and WR depth is puzzling to me.

Garrett is exposed to any sane fan for the past 8 years but homers excuse EVERYTHING. He gets play calling taken away and neutered? A homer views it as a testament to Garrett's greatness because he'll be a great walk-around HC.....it plays into his strengths as a game manager and talent evaluator........hey, Landry and Jimmy did it and it worked out......Red is the next Landry and Jimmy!!!!!

I do think taking the play calling away from Garrett was a good thing for the team. #1. He sucks at play calling. #2. He can focus on his game management...something he is still struggling with. Bottom line: Garrett was saving his ass by giving up the play calling. You hire an offensive “genius” to be the HC and you would expect him to run the offensive show. It was embarrassing when it happened.

Red doesn't run it because of the OL.....build the OL and we still can't run and it's the RB's.......

I don’t know what the problem is with the running game this year. Probably a combination of things.

lose without Romo and it's because we didn't have Romo......lose with Romo and it's because of something else.

I might be a homer on this one. Romo is an important variable.

I try to be rational in my opinions. During the season i’d prefer not to take my mind into being overly critical of the coaching staff or Jerry because it puts me in a place i don’t want to be. Takes the fun out of the season for me because it’s something that won’t change. It’s an exercise in futility. Bitching about players is easier, because you can bench and bring in the next guy...there’s a little hope for change. I doubt Garrett is going to be fired anytime soon...he has the injury, get out of jail card, in his pocket.

Most people are stubborn. They make up their minds and there’s nothing you can say or do that will change it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom