dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll go on record as saying I expect him to get injured before the year is out.

Yes I know. You and a few of your other clowns have been predicting it since day one of training camp.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sean Lee, who I love, is injury prone. He is not unlucky.

Willis McGahee was unlucky. Carson Palmer is unlucky.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
When you have a lot of them you are injury prone.

I know, I know. He's a Cowboy, therefore every thing he does is magic.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe, but his luck would've been better if he'd been on the bench for those carries he got hurt.

And I'm not even worried about next year so much. I'm worried he's either going to be completely worn out and less effective for the playoffs, or hurt so that he can't even play. Imagine if he got something as relatively tame as a high ankle sprain right now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe, but his luck would've been better if he'd been on the bench for those carries he got hurt.

Well duh, its rare a guy gets hurt just standing on the sidelines

And I'm not even worried about next year so much. I'm worried he's either going to be completely worn out and less effective for the playoffs, or hurt so that he can't even play. Imagine if he got something as relatively tame as a high ankle sprain right now.

He could get hurt anytime. Could get hurt on carry 1 or carry 400. He has shown no signs of wearing down so far and the late season bye combined with the December break they got from last Thursdays game to this Sunday's game I'm sure has helped him.

He's the best player on the team this year. They need him in the game, not being "rested". Jimmy Johnson certainly never worried about overworking Emmitt Smith.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When you have a lot of them you are injury prone.

I know, I know. He's a Cowboy, therefore every thing he does is magic.

I know you like to be a fucking ****** with this shit, but I think even you should be smart enough to know that being injury "prone" has nothing to do with the level of injury one incurs. He didn't have MAJOR injuries because he is "injury prone". Its really bad fucking luck.

Reaction score

He could get hurt anytime. Could get hurt on carry 1 or carry 400. He has shown no signs of wearing down so far and the late season bye combined with the December break they got from last Thursdays game to this Sunday's game I'm sure has helped him.

He's the best player on the team this year. They need him in the game, not being "rested". Jimmy Johnson certainly never worried about overworking Emmitt Smith.

So, for example, we needed him to keep getting touches when up double digit against the Bears?

We desperately needed that? Because you know, Randle looked ok that one carry he got.

Reaction score
I know you like to be a fucking ****** with this shit, but I think even you should be smart enough to know that being injury "prone" has nothing to do with the level of injury one incurs. He didn't have MAJOR injuries because he is "injury prone". Its really bad fucking luck.

You can just say he's really really unlucky.

Everyone else would agree he's injury prone.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My god, no one is saying cut him or sit him completely. Just give Randle or whoever four or five more carries per game. That would be 65 fewer carries at this point, which is like a couple of games.

You're getting it!

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So "injury prone" not a thing but "luck" is? Got it.

injury-prone (ˈɪndʒərɪˌprəʊn)

Definitions
adjective

often sustaining injuries

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So, for example, we needed him to keep getting touches when up double digit against the Bears?

We desperately needed that? Because you know, Randle looked ok that one carry he got.

What happened in the 4th qtr to that lead?

I think Randle has done a nice job this yr but he pulled a really knuckleheaded stunt with that theft thing. Its also apparent for some reason they don't trust him to give him more playing time. They are in a situation where they HAVE to win and they have a fragile QB that needs all the help he cant get. Murray is by far the best in pass protection that they have.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So "injury prone" not a thing but "luck" is? Got it.

injury-prone (ˈɪndʒərɪˌprəʊn)

Definitions
adjective

often sustaining injuries

He's had a lot of injuries. Yes

Major injuries are not a result of being "injury prone". Its not like the guy has just repeatedly sprained an ankle, pulled a groin or dislocated a finger. He's had really bad shit happen, some of it pretty damn flukey. That's bad luck.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this all season. Money is one hell of a motivator. Murray has had a great year, but he seems to be limited on his vision. It seems like he misses out on gaining yardage because he doesn't see the running lanes. He will try to run over a defender instead of running to daylight. I think his increased workload will make this the best season of his career, but he won't come close to duplicating it in the future. After he signs a new contract, I expect the injuries will return. I may be alone , but I would let him leave if he wants big money. A big salary cap hit and a decrease in production is not a good combination. That is his future IMO.
He is a good running back, but not a nifty one. He's more in the Walker mold than he is a Smith, for example.

He's beasting it this year hoping he will get a big payday, then he will slack off, have more of his little niggling injuries that cost us alot of his playing time services.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's had a lot of injuries. Yes

Major injuries are not a result of being "injury prone". Its not like the guy has just repeatedly sprained an ankle, pulled a groin or dislocated a finger. He's had really bad shit happen, some of it pretty damn flukey. That's bad luck.
Him was just hurt all the time, hurt or hobbled, until it was time to beast it in the final year of his deal.

It's obvious.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Him was just hurt all the time, hurt or hobbled, until it was time to beast it in the final year of his deal.

It's obvious.

I was talking about Sean Lee in that post.

But Murray hasn't been a slacker and he hasn't had minor nagging "little" injuries to sideline him, the injuries he's had have been pretty significant. Fortunately this yr he hasn't had that. Wish the same would happen with Lee.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was talking about Sean Lee in that post.
Tried to stay on topic, didn't see it was about China Doll Lee.

But Murray hasn't been a slacker and he hasn't had minor nagging "little" injuries to sideline him, the injuries he's had have been pretty significant. Fortunately this yr he hasn't had that. Wish the same would happen with Lee.
He missed alot of playing time over this injury or that, as I remember it.

He's a beast this year for obvious reasons - dollar signs.

Reaction score
What happened in the 4th qtr to that lead?

Good call. We barely won that game by 13 points.

I think Randle has done a nice job this yr but he pulled a really knuckleheaded stunt with that theft thing. Its also apparent for some reason they don't trust him to give him more playing time. They are in a situation where they HAVE to win and they have a fragile QB that needs all the help he cant get. Murray is by far the best in pass protection that they have.

if they don't "trust" Randle to the point they don't want to play him, then they should cut him.

And Romo isn't fragile! He's unlucky!!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He missed alot of playing time over this injury or that, as I remember it.

He's a beast this year for obvious reasons - dollar signs.

He's missed time with significant injuries, not little "oh my balls hurt, I cant play"..."my leg is sore, I cant play" etc etc

I think he's had a sprained knee, broken foot and broken ankle...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good call. We barely won that game by 13 points.

They had the ball with a chance to cut it to a one score game when Scandrick picked off that pass.

if they don't "trust" Randle to the point they don't want to play him, then they should cut him.

I would agree with this, especially since Ryan Williams was really good in preseason and is there to bring up to the roster.

And Romo isn't fragile! He's unlucky!!!!

Call it whatever you want, he does have a fragile back. He needs as clean a game week in and week out as he can get with pass protection, and Murray is really good at that. Randle and Dunbar not so much.

Top Bottom