yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sorry, but three straight pass plays in the red zone from the 15 yard line with your stud RB on the sidelines, is not conservative. It's STUPID. Not conservative. Conservative in that situation would have been to pound the ball, try to get the first down, and as close to the goal line as possible and with a new set of downs. Moving the chains. That's conservative; that's common sense, and would have been most welcome.

Conservative is not always bad.

I think both can be true but if you don't see what I see, so be it, what do I know anyway

I'm just sick and fucking tired of blowing these games

Reaction score
Beasley I think you mean.

The free kick after a faircaught punt is something that's been in the rules forever, but its rarely exercised (Landry did it once I believe). I don't believe opponents are allowed to rush.

Still, from where he was at it'd have been a 73 yrd FG. Maybe he could have got it there, he's booted a few through the endzone on kickoffs, but you still have to worry about a potential long return (Alabama/Auburn)

I think there's plenty of stuff to be mad at Garrett about for this game (like blowing all the first half timeouts, which would have been much more useful than attempting a free kick). Not trying a free kick from 70+ yards wasn't going to change the outcome. That's probably a 1/500 play from that distance, if that.

It was historically moronic. Stop trying to excuse it. Let's say Bailey nails it. Different game? Momentum right before the half? Nah... you're right. Better to pussy out and not even try it because there was a less than 5% chance of a TD return.

Reaction score
yes sir, I'm still a little verklempt

57410834.jpg

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can someone tell me in looking back... what was the purpose/point of sitting Zeke for the final game against the Eagles?

Reaction score
Can someone tell me in looking back... what was the purpose/point of sitting Zeke for the final game against the Eagles?

Wish I knew. I really do believe the tone was set for this choke job by not continuing the momentum. It sort of put the thought of "it is okay to just coast now" into the collective psyche of the team. Of course they come out flat as a pancake.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The spike is going to go down in history as perhaps the dumbest call in franchise history.

Fear not, Garrett still has years on his contract

There will be worse calls that he will make. Just give him time!

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Fear. Fear of injury.

So funny considering they didn't use Zeke into the dirt yesterday.

For all the talk that the Cowboys run their offense their way with a smashmout attack; they hardly ever seem to call games that way when they get good chunks of yardage from Zeke. Time and time again they pull off on the throttle with him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So funny considering they didn't use Zeke into the dirt yesterday.

For all the talk that the Cowboys run their offense their way with a smashmout attack; they hardly ever seem to call games that way when they get good chunks of yardage from Zeke. Time and time again they pull off on the throttle with him.

That shit has happened all season long

As soon as Zeke gets warmed up and seems to be running downhill at will they back off and stop running him.

It makes zero sense. You are having great success running Zeke, he is chewing up huge chunks of yards at a time, scoring TD's and helping us win games.

So........
Let's give him a break even when he is asking to not come out of the game!

I just don't get that at all. He is a game changer when he is in the game. And he is a game changer when he's on the bench because it allows the opposing team to get back in the game!

Next year Zeke better have 2k rushing and 1k receiving yards damn it!

And that's another thing, while I'm on a rant I might as well mention this too, one of Zeke strong points is his ability to catch the ball. We all know how well he does with yards after contact

WHY THE FUCK did we not throw him the ball more? If I remember right our biggest play of the season was a screen to Zeke that went for 83 yards and a TD. Which just happens to be the longest pass play of the entire season to any receiver

Last edited:
Top Bottom