Reaction score
Rivers has done absolutely nothing in this league so stop bringing his name up. Ben is one year older than Rodgers so trying to play the age card is just ridiculous. Ben is a top 5 pick because this is a win now league and he could help any team win now. You need to go back to the zone where the idiots post.

Rivers has done nothing except be an awesome QB.

Suck my ass btw

sbk92

Reaction score
The conversation has turned from comparing him with Romo to comparing him with the current greats. Manning, Brady and Ben have a much longer resume of greatness and all get the nod over Rodgers. Bob keeps bringing up Brees but no one around here has mentioned Brees with the rest of the greats. IMHO Manning and Brady are tied for the top spot and Ben and Rodgers are tied for 3rd.

I basically agree except I have Roethlisberger ahead of Rodgers. Three Super Bowls. Two titles. Was an instant winning QB his first year in the league. He deserves to be ranked no lower than 3rd.

C

Cr122

I'm just throwing this out there.

Phillip Rivers vs. Tony Romo next year in the Super Bowl Bitches! :towel

Reaction score
Roethlisberger really turned around that clueless franchise. Where would they be without that guy?

Put Rivers on that team and they obviously get worse. Rivers has never been able to put up points w/o elite talent like Abajajao Handjobaboo and Ryan Mathews. Or that awesome special teams or expert coaching.

We all know Roethlisberger always lights it up in the Super Bowl. Put bums on the Steelers like Brees, Rivers, Rodges, or Romo and they definitely do not win 3 Super Bowls or more......

That clutch TD Roethlisberger threw to Nick Collins was a thing of beauty.

sbk92

Reaction score
Roethlisberger really turned around that clueless franchise. Where would they be without that guy?

Put Rivers on that team and they obviously get worse. Rivers has never been able to put up points w/o elite talent like Abajajao Handjobaboo and Ryan Mathews. Or that awesome special teams or expert coaching.

We all know Roethlisberger always lights it up in the Super Bowl. Put bums on the Steelers like Brees, Rivers, Rodges, or Romo and they definitely do not win 3 Super Bowls or more......

That clutch TD Roethlisberger threw to Nick Collins was a thing of beauty.

First, that INT had everything to do with the pressure. He got hit as he threw. Happens to every QB. Maybe none more so than Tony Romo. An inferior player to Big Ben.

Second, I'd say the Chargers have had every bit the skill position talent over Rivers' career as the Steelers have had with Roethlisberger. Ben never had an LT. Nor a Gates. The Chargers have never lacked talent at WR. Unless by injury. But we're talking over a career here not one season.

Ben's had the better coaching and defense. But not the better skill position players. And his offensive line is vastly inferior over the last few years to what's been blocking for Rivers.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to a rival. Like the two time world champion and future hall of famer Ben Roethlisberger.

Reaction score
First, that INT had everything to do with the pressure. He got hit as he threw. Happens to every QB. Maybe none more so than Tony Romo. An inferior player to Big Ben.

Second, I'd say the Chargers have had every bit the skill position talent over Rivers' career as the Steelers have had with Roethlisberger. Ben never had an LT. Nor a Gates. The Chargers have never lacked talent at WR. Unless by injury. But we're talking over a career here not one season.

Ben's had the better coaching and defense. But not the better skill position players. And his offensive line is vastly inferior over the last few years to what's been blocking for Rivers.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to a rival. Like the two time world champion and future hall of famer Ben Roethlisberger.

Put the top 5 QB's in the league on the Steelers do they win more or less? Put Ben on the Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, Colts, or Packers and they get worse.

Ben has not had a good defense. He has had a historically epic defense. #1 in run D by a mile and always near the tops across the board. Aaron Rodgers carved them up b/c he is a way better player. Ben was worse against a comparable defense. Thats now 2 out of 3 superbowls where he sucked. Rivers and others help Pitt win that game. 2 picks, one of them a pick-6(how about throwing it to your checkdown captain-clutch?). And what a meltdown to end the game. You never throw the 4 yard completion over the middle. You then have to waste a timeout.

You can tip your cap to his rings. They are what everyones after, but he doesnt make that team. Like Ill give Eli credit for his ring, they had a nice run. Doesnt make him more talented. He still throws picks left and right and hasnt done shit since.

sbk92

Reaction score
Put the top 5 QB's in the league on the Steelers do they win more or less? Put Ben on the Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, Colts, or Packers and they get worse.

Laughable. I don't even remotely agree.

Ben has not had a good defense. He has had a historically epic defense. #1 in run D by a mile and always near the tops across the board. Aaron Rodgers carved them up b/c he is a way better player.

Hold off on that carve them up thing. Because I saw a Green Bay offense that didn't do dick the entire 2nd half of the game until the last couple of series. They were out gained for the game by a Pittsburgh offense led by a sucky QB.

Ben was worse against a comparable defense. Thats now 2 out of 3 superbowls where he sucked.

So Rodgers was great, carving things up and such, and Ben just sucked.

And the Pack held on for a 31-25 victory. lol

Rivers and others help Pitt win that game. 2 picks, one of them a pick-6(how about throwing it to your checkdown captain-clutch?). And what a meltdown to end the game. You never throw the 4 yard completion over the middle. You then have to waste a timeout.

Time wasn't a factor. Rivers does nothing to win that game. He's an inferior QB. I can pick the many postseason losses on his resume and say Roethlisberger comes in and wins that game for the Chargers. He'd love to play there where they actually have a productive offensive line.

tip your cap to his rings. They are what everyones after, but he doesnt make that team. Like Ill give Eli credit for his ring, they had a nice run. Doesnt make him more talented. He still throws picks left and right and hasnt done shit since.

What's really going on is you can't stand the fact that the Steelers have a great QB. A QB that is better than your QB. It's just unacceptable to you.

So you spin everything he does. Bad goes to him, good goes to the team around him. The same thing happened with Aikman and the Cowboy haters in the 90's. And they were just as wrong.

You have fun with that as I watch the rest of his successful career and his induction into the Hall of Fame the moment he's eligible.

The only question I have is how many rings will he have when he goes in?

Plymkr

Reaction score
You have fun with that as I watch the rest of his successful career and his induction into the Hall of Fame the moment he's eligible.

The only question I have is how many rings will he have when he goes in?

If he and the defense play like they did this past SuperBowl. Not many, which is good.

But, to say that Ben ain't a great QB is insane. I hate the bastard, and his suckass ****ing football team.

But, the dude is a stud.

I for one, WILL NOT enjoy watching this great QB win more Super Bowls if it happens. lol

sbk92

Reaction score
If he and the defense play like they did this past SuperBowl. Not many, which is good.

But, to say that Ben ain't a great QB is insane. I hate the bastard, and his suckass ****ing football team.

But, the dude is a stud.

I for one, WILL NOT enjoy watching this great QB win more Super Bowls if it happens. lol

Exactly how I feel. F him, but boy is he damn good.

Reaction score

Hold off on that carve them up thing. Because I saw a Green Bay offense that didn't do dick the entire 2nd half of the game until the last couple of series. They were out gained for the game by a Pittsburgh offense led by a sucky QB.

And if Jordy Nelson and James Jones could catch he has 400+ yards and 5 TD's. Nope, thats a guy needs to show me more to be considered better than Trent Dil...I mean Big Ben

And the Refs, and Santonio Holmes held on in the past. If not, Ben is Jim Kelly

Time wasn't a factor. Rivers does nothing to win that game. He's an inferior QB.

By what measure? Big plays? Ok, Skip Bayless.

What's really going on is you can't stand the fact that the Steelers have a great QB. A QB that is better than your QB. It's just unacceptable to you.

Hes a good one. But nothing special. If youre drafting QB's he goes around 10 after the obvious studs and then even the young ones like Freeman, Bradford, maybe Sanchez, and if healthy Stafford

So you spin everything he does. Bad goes to him, good goes to the team around him. The same thing happened with Aikman and the Cowboy haters in the 90's. And they were just as wrong.

If he throws picks left and right and doesnt help his team then yea, thats bad. Whats so good about him? He sucks for chunks at a time and manages to keep getting 2nd and 3rd chances? Brees turned the Saints around. Rivers works magic w/ chumps. Peyton goes to the playoffs every year and this year his team had 3-13 talent around him. Brady is Brady. Rodgers is breaking records and stomped an awesome D w/ an epic performance. Romo is a diamond amongst trash.

Meanwhile the Steelers win games w/ Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon, and win a SB w/ Ben pulling a Rex Grossman. None of the better QB's can shit the bed like he does and still win b/c their teams arent even close.

Jim Plunkett

Reaction score

And if Jordy Nelson and James Jones could catch he has 400+ yards and 5 TD's. Nope, thats a guy needs to show me more to be considered better than Trent Dil...I mean Big Ben

And the Refs, and Santonio Holmes held on in the past. If not, Ben is Jim Kelly

Time wasn't a factor. Rivers does nothing to win that game. He's an inferior QB.

By what measure? Big plays? Ok, Skip Bayless.

Hes a good one. But nothing special. If youre drafting QB's he goes around 10 after the obvious studs and then even the young ones like Freeman, Bradford, maybe Sanchez, and if healthy Stafford

If he throws picks left and right and doesnt help his team then yea, thats bad. Whats so good about him? He sucks for chunks at a time and manages to keep getting 2nd and 3rd chances? Brees turned the Saints around. Rivers works magic w/ chumps. Peyton goes to the playoffs every year and this year his team had 3-13 talent around him. Brady is Brady. Rodgers is breaking records and stomped an awesome D w/ an epic performance. Romo is a diamond amongst trash.

Meanwhile the Steelers win games w/ Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon, and win a SB w/ Ben pulling a Rex Grossman. None of the better QB's can shit the bed like he does and still win b/c their teams arent even close.

Jim Plunkett

Top Bottom