Cythim

Reaction score
Rivers gets a lot of hype for never making it to the Super Bowl. Good QBs always take a hit for never being in the Super Bowl except Rivers never does. I guess everyone is just sorry that he was stuck on a bad team.

sbk92

Reaction score
He has as many Super Bowl wins as Brees and Manning, so I don't see why you couldn't place Rodgers ahead of them. Afterall, he is the reigning Super Bowl Champion QB.

So you re-rank the QBs every year depending on who is winning presently?

Ridiculously short sighted.

Rodgers has one year. Every other year he's been a regular season stat producer and a playoff loser. You have to do it more than once before you can be compared to the Bradys, Mannings and Roethlisbergers.

Maybe he doesn't have to win another, but he can't have one year in his entire career where he had any playoff success.

I think he'll do it and the comparison will then be warranted.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So you re-rank the QBs every year depending on who is winning presently?

Ridiculously short sighted.

Rodgers has one year. Every other year he's been a regular season stat producer and a playoff loser. You have to do it more than once before you can be compared to the Bradys, Mannings and Roethlisbergers.

Maybe he doesn't have to win another, but he can't have one year in his entire career where he had any playoff success.

I think he'll do it and the comparison will then be warranted.

Of course you take into account how much playoff and Super Bowl success is a team game. And how QBs stack up individually. Say if David Garrard and the Jaguars win the Super Bowl next year, I don't think anyone is going to rank him the best Qb in the NFL.

Now he's a stat producer and Super Bowl winner.

Reaction score
Rodgers puts up insane numbers for 3 years, but apparently he still needs a ring to be considered as good as his play indicates. He then gets said superbowl. "Youre going to re-rank him just b/c he won the superbowl??!"

Cythim

Reaction score
Rodgers puts up insane numbers for 3 years, but apparently he still needs a ring to be considered as good as his play indicates. He then gets said superbowl. "Youre going to re-rank him just b/c he won the superbowl??!"

The conversation has turned from comparing him with Romo to comparing him with the current greats. Manning, Brady and Ben have a much longer resume of greatness and all get the nod over Rodgers. Bob keeps bringing up Brees but no one around here has mentioned Brees with the rest of the greats. IMHO Manning and Brady are tied for the top spot and Ben and Rodgers are tied for 3rd.

Reaction score
The conversation has turned from comparing him with Romo to comparing him with the current greats. Manning, Brady and Ben have a much longer resume of greatness and all get the nod over Rodgers. Bob keeps bringing up Brees but no one around here has mentioned Brees with the rest of the greats. IMHO Manning and Brady are tied for the top spot and Ben and Rodgers are tied for 3rd.

Longer resume of greatness? Rivers was in the same draft and is the better player. Brees was taken in the LT draft I think in 2001. These are better QB's. Do we need to see more of Ndamokung Suh to declare hes better than Ratliff?

Every QB would trade pro-bowls for super bowls. They also would trade their team for his.

No GM is taking Ben in the top 5. Factoring in age and rape he goes closer to 10

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Longer resume of greatness? Rivers was in the same draft and is the better player. Brees was taken in the LT draft I think in 2001. These are better QB's. Do we need to see more of Ndamokung Suh to declare hes better than Ratliff?

Every QB would trade pro-bowls for super bowls. They also would trade their team for his.

No GM is taking Ben in the top 5. Factoring in age and rape hes goes closer to 10

This made me laugh. Not because I agree or disagree. It just sounded funny when I read it out loud.

Cythim

Reaction score

No GM is taking Ben in the top 5. Factoring in age and rape he goes closer to 10

Rivers has done absolutely nothing in this league so stop bringing his name up. Ben is one year older than Rodgers so trying to play the age card is just ridiculous. Ben is a top 5 pick because this is a win now league and he could help any team win now. You need to go back to the zone where the idiots post.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Ben wasn't a rapist when he was being drafted. He was a big , durable, good QB..

EVERY GM would be taking him in the Top 5.

Rivers is a non issue. He has done nothing as stated.

Reaction score
This made me laugh. Not because I agree or disagree. It just sounded funny when I read it out loud.

When you're reading the forum out loud, do you come up with different voices for the various posters?

Ben wasn't a rapist when he was being drafted. He was a big , durable, good QB..

EVERY GM would be taking him in the Top 5.

Ben was drafted 11th.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'd take Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Ryan, & Romo over him. In approximately that order.

Man, there aren't that many good QB's in the league.

That's a pretty good list.

I'm not sold on Ryan. He's not allowed the passing attempts the others have.

I'd go with Brees.

sbk92

Reaction score
I have Big Ben 3rd overall, behind Brady and Manning.

If I were to move him, it'd be up not down.

Cythim

Reaction score
Brees is a top 10 QB but last year was a fluke. New Orleans rode a wave of self-imploding teams all the way to the Super Bowl.

Cythim

Reaction score
Would you rather have Brees or Romo?

I would take Brees because he has done more with less. They are similar when comparing stats (if you discount Brees' career in San Diego) so I have to make the call based on watching both guys play and what each player has to work with. You can ask BC if he remembers, I have been saying Brees is a great QB since he took over in New Orleans. I just don't see him as being on the same level with Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Ben.

Top Bottom