Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But you're going to have to explain to me how it reduces the odds of "shitting the bed." If you shit the bed one out of 10 times, then running the ball doesn't change that.

The reality is they run the ball to lessen the pass rush on the OL and QB, to control the clock, to keep the shit defense off the field and fresher, etc. It's not for the purpose of Romo making fewer mistakes.
The purpose of it was to limit Tony's exposure to hits. In a happy side effect, it also greatly reduces his liability.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, like that really really DUMB pick he threw today. Lofting the ball across his body to the far side of the field, letting it float in the air forever so the defender could run under it.

Youre right, he should never make mistakes.

If only we had a Peyton manning or tom Brady that never throws a bad pass.

Especially on days when their team wins 44-17.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That was a hell of a play by the DE... Can't blame Romo for not seeing that one.
That was vintage Tony bonehead play. You don't throw back across your body like that. Nine year veteran, he knows better and even just said so on the radio.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
:lol

I can't have a serious conversation with this guy when it comes to the QB of this team.

Liability, it's like Romo is playing the role of Trent Dilfer.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can't have a serious conversation with this guy when it comes to the QB of this team.

Liability, it's like Romo is playing the role of Trent Dilfer.
Cutting the pass attempts almost in half limits any quarterback's liability. Doesn't matter who the quarterback is.

Reaction score
Doomsday... you're seeing what Romo can accomplish with what is called a "balanced offense."

And he's pretty damned good.

Get over it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just, not the really bonehead ones. Ones which are vintage, repeated mistakes.

Manning just threw 4 picks the other night. He's a liability, right?

Or do all QBs make mistakes now and then? I mean, you're talking like Romo had the ball taken out of his hands.

Dude just posted a 34 TD season with single digit ints. That's not really good for your argument.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Doomsday... you're seeing what Romo can accomplish with what is called a "balanced offense."

And he's pretty damned good.

Get over it.
What did I say earlier?
I do agree Tony should be in the conversation for league MVP though, and wouldn't object at all if he won it.

It takes a hell of a man to do what he does with all the physical issues he's had since that invasive lower back surgery.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's a liability, right?
You don't understand usage, verb vs noun?

Cutting the attempts in half limits the quarterback's liability. That does NOT say the quarterback IS a liability.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Manning just threw 4 picks the other night. He's a liability, right?

Or do all QBs make mistakes now and then? I mean, you're talking like Romo had the ball taken out of his hands.

Dude just posted a 34 TD season with single digit ints. That's not really good for your argument.

And he missed a game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not a cheerleader, folks. I know this team at its core is still a mediocre, 8-8 type team. Not alot unlike the Giants of 2007.

Avoiding lots of injury, getting opponents like Seattle when they are in disarray and not in December when they would stomp your ass, and getting hot at the right time is what puts a mediocre 8-8 type team in the playoffs.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not a cheerleader, folks. I know this team at its core is still a mediocre, 8-8 type team. Not alot unlike the Giants of 2007.

Avoiding lots of injury, getting opponents like Seattle when they are in disarray and not in December when they would stomp your ass, and getting hot at the right time is what puts a mediocre 8-8 type team in the playoffs.

I thought I was a negative fan. Jesus Christ Doomsday. You are awful

Reaction score
That was vintage Tony bonehead play. You don't throw back across your body like that. Nine year veteran, he knows better and even just said so on the radio.
It was a bad play, but it's no more vintage Tony than it is vintage any other QB that ever made a mistake. The guy was wide open and he just lofted it out there to make the completion. He didn't turn all the way around and zip it out there. Turns out the DE dropped out of the rush and went and got it. If it hadn't been for a great play by Jeffcoat, it would have been a 20 yard gain.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's the same guy that said the team would be better if Romo went down early in the season.

wtf do you expect?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's the same guy that said the team would be better if Romo went down early in the season.

wtf do you expect?
Umm, no. I said they MIGHT be better, IF Tony went down and that forced them to feature the RUN.

None of us knew they were going to feature the run, AND keep crippled Tony relatively healthy.

Reaction score

You've been predicting a Super Bowl win for 3 weeks now. Are you bipolar? Or is it schizophrenia?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Umm, no. I said they MIGHT be better, IF Tony went down and that forced them to feature the RUN.

None of us knew they were going to feature the run, AND keep crippled Tony relatively healthy.

And that worked out really well against Arizona. Good shit, dooms.

Top Bottom