JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
The brainwashing of the children continues.

ConstitutionalCrayon.jpg

A Florida father says he was shocked to find a note in his fourth-grade son's backpack suggesting that his teacher instructed students to write letters on their willingness to give up their constitutional rights.

Aaron Harvey told WOKV.com that his 10-year-old son was told to write a note reading, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure," after a civics lesson at the end of last year.

He told the station that his son's teacher instructed several students in the class to write the statement and sign it. He said the story was corroborated by other parents with children in the class.

Harvey, a military veteran, told FirstCoastNews.com he thinks the statement reflects the teacher's personal opinion.

"I don't believe that any American or American child should be asked to write this," he said.

Duval County Public Schools issued a statement Friday to FirstCoastNews.com in which they said the lesson was consistent with the district's "efforts to broaden civics-based education and develop critical thinking skills among our students."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/1...-give-up-constitutional-rights/#ixzz2QMU38ywr

Reaction score
I'M OUTRAGED!!!!

Not really though. Sucks that a feggit teacher is abusing their power of influence.... but whatever.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We were safe before 9/11 when we had to give up our Constitutional rights.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure nothing will happen. They'll determine the likelihood that she'll sue if they fire her and make a decision based on that.

It reminds me of the teacher cussing students out over Obama. Nothing happened to her.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The school is saying that this is something the kid wrote on his own after the lesson. Of course the dad is all ahhhhh my kid is a real murican he would never say that so it's he said/he said.

of course never mind any of that and blah blah liberal progressive agenda brainwashing our children etc etc etc

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
his son's teacher instructed several students in the class to write the statement and sign it. He said the story was corroborated by other parents with children in the class.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Learn to read, Jon. That is the father's position. One other parent "corroborated it". The teacher and school claim that the civics lesson was taught, the assignment was something else, and the kid wrote this on his own. Again, it's he said/he said. Won't stop you from ranting like a crazy person though.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Once you tell a lie,you cannot untell it.
The seed has been planted.
Once that ship sails,said lie becomes truth to the low information crowd and they make decisions based on what they perceive to be true.
It is a technique the Nazis applied in the 1930's.They learned it from American progressives.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The school is saying that this is something the kid wrote on his own after the lesson. Of course the dad is all ahhhhh my kid is a real murican he would never say that so it's he said/he said.

of course never mind any of that and blah blah liberal progressive agenda brainwashing our children etc etc etc

man, you're quick to stereotype, aren't you?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Learn to read, Jon. That is the father's position. One other parent "corroborated it". The teacher and school claim that the civics lesson was taught, the assignment was something else, and the kid wrote this on his own. Again, it's he said/he said. Won't stop you from ranting like a crazy person though.

Yeah punk, this looks exactly like something a 10 yr old who writes in crayons thought of himself.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were safe before 9/11 when we had to give up our Constitutional rights.

Jon, are you referring to the Patriot Act? I'm not sure what constitutional rights we gave up after 9/11. Although it obviously seems there's an assault on the 2nd amendment after the Connecticut tragedy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. Both sides of the political fence do it unfortunately

You'd be hard pressed to find anywhere near the level of "conservative" brainwashing that is done from the other side. In fact as hard as I try to remember, I cant remember any of my highschool or college teachers propping up Reagan/Bush, but I remember plenty telling me how awesome Jimmy Carter and Lyndon Johnson were. Also remember almost daily arguments with a left wiong loon professor who insisted Marxism was the best form of giovernment by far.

Reaction score
I remember when our history teacher was pro bush/anti gay marriage and the class become a bit of a pulpit and I was like fuck this guy.

I didn't say anything though I'm not supporting gay marriage in HS I'm not gay ,
This girl had her upskirt/underwear all hanging out and she wasnt a whore or anything she was cute. Am I the only one who thought it was funny people could see your boners?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
You'd be hard pressed to find anywhere near the level of "conservative" brainwashing that is done from the other side. In fact as hard as I try to remember, I cant remember any of my highschool or college teachers propping up Reagan/Bush, but I remember plenty telling me how awesome Jimmy Carter and Lyndon Johnson were. Also remember almost daily arguments with a left wiong loon professor who insisted Marxism was the best form of giovernment by far.

It is both sides. Don't be naive. Ill post links later when not on my phone, but things like trying to remove evolution from text books, etc.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It is both sides. Don't be naive. Ill post links later when not on my phone, but things like trying to remove evolution from text books, etc.

Thats probably a good thing.

Top Bottom