Cythim

Reaction score
The blind fans are the ones who can't see what he brings to that team, the intangibles. He pulls that team together.

BTW, who beat the Steelers in the playoffs today? I forget who they played.. heard a QB threw for 300 yards against their tough D though, and ran for 50 more. 3 TD's. Guy must have played pretty darn well..

"Intangibles" is just a word idiots use when they don't know what they are talking about. Tebow has no "intangibles" and snuck into the playoffs thanks to a weak division. Pittsburgh did everything wrong in the secondary to lose that game, they really missed Clark back there. Tebow played pretty darn well with that final throw right, getting credit for 80 yards when he only had to throw it 15? Sure is nice having WRs who can pick up big yards to inflate his stats. Tebow had a good game for Tebow, completing 10 of his 21 passes, but as a starting QB in the NFL it was a below average performance. The greatest thing he did yesterday was not turning the ball over.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
"Intangibles" is just a word idiots use when they don't know what they are talking about. Tebow has no "intangibles" and snuck into the playoffs thanks to a weak division. Pittsburgh did everything wrong in the secondary to lose that game, they really missed Clark back there. Tebow played pretty darn well with that final throw right, getting credit for 80 yards when he only had to throw it 15? Sure is nice having WRs who can pick up big yards to inflate his stats. Tebow had a good game for Tebow, completing 10 of his 21 passes, but as a starting QB in the NFL it was a below average performance. The greatest thing he did yesterday was not turning the ball over.

To say Tebow doesn't have some qualities that make him a better player outside of passing ability is just foolish.

How they got there doesn't matter. They were there and they pretty much handed the Steelers their ass.

Below average performance? 3 TDs? Mike and Mike were saying the only QBs to ever pass for 300 yards and run for a TD were Montana (I believe) and Rodgers.

On what planet is 300 yards and 3 TDs below average?

Knock him all you want for legit stuff but to downgrade a good performance is just fucking childish.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
lol that 1st throw was a side-arm throw. Pretty much at least half of the throws were side-arm.

Fortunately for him, he has the arm strength to complete those throws.

The topic was him having a wind up like Tebow, he definitely throws 3/4 and sidearm but that does not affect his release time.

Reaction score
To say Tebow doesn't have some qualities that make him a better player outside of passing ability is just foolish.

How they got there doesn't matter. They were there and they pretty much handed the Steelers their ass.

Below average performance? 3 TDs? Mike and Mike were saying the only QBs to ever pass for 300 yards and run for a TD were Montana (I believe) and Rodgers.

Knock him all you want for legit stuff but to downgrade a good performance is just fucking childish.

Bingo.

Cythim

Reaction score

I didn't say that, I said he doesn't have "intangibles". He has qualities that make him a threat at quarterback but RTH was clearly referencing his ability to "just win" games.

Yet everyone cried last year when Seattle was in the playoffs. The Broncos are not a playoff caliber team and were able to beat the Steelers in an unimpressive win. Going to overtime is hardly handing someone their ass.

What does this have to do with anything? Most QBs who throw for 300 yards don't need to run the ball.

Before that final 80 yard touchdown Tebow was 9 for 20 with 2 TDs and 220 yards. If Pittsburgh gets the ball first and scores a touchdown Tebow is below average. I am not going to give him an above average grade because one play boosted his yards total and won the game.

Reaction score
Shut the fuck up and go sit in the corner while hoofbite fights your fight. Maybe afterward he'll let you cuddle.

lol

Awww.. he's so upset. Its almost like Tebow fucked your wife, or killed your father. Must have done something to make people hate him so much. Funny shit.

Reaction score
Shut the fuck up and go sit in the corner while hoofbite fights your fight. Maybe afterward he'll let you cuddle.

BTW.. sorry hoof got to respond to you before me. I know i should have been sitting here waiting for your dumbass response like it was the only thing that mattered in my life. That how seriously we're supposed to take message board convos, right? I'll be sitting here all night waiting on your response to this one bud, k?

Also, anyone who calls 300 yards passing, 50 yards rushing, and 3 TD's against the best D in the NFL a below average performance should probably take a step back before calling anyone else retarded.

..and then you try to justify your idiocy with, "Well most QB's who throw for 300 yards DON'T NEED to run the ball."

Priceless.

Cythim

Reaction score
lol

Awww.. he's so upset. Its almost like Tebow fucked your wife, or killed your father. Must have done something to make people hate him so much. Funny shit.

Has nothing to do with hate, you are just too stupid to realize that. I wanted him to beat the Steelers, I'm just not so blind to believe that he is anything other than a good athlete playing the wrong position. Now go back to your corner like the little bitch you are.

Cythim

Reaction score
BTW.. sorry hoof got to respond to you before me. I know i should have been sitting here waiting for your dumbass response like it was the only thing that mattered in my life. That how seriously we're supposed to take message board convos, right? I'll be sitting here all night waiting on your response to this one bud, k?

Also, anyone who calls 300 yards passing, 50 yards rushing, and 3 TD's against the best D in the NFL a below average performance should probably take a step back before calling anyone else retarded.

..and then you try to justify your idiocy with, "Well most QB's who throw for 300 yards DON'T NEED to run the ball."

Priceless.

When all you can come up with is "Bingo" you may as well just not respond bud, k?

You are horrible at reading comprehension. Hoof mentioned a useless fact about how many QBs have thrown for 300 yards while scoring a rushing TD, which I assume is a playoffs only stat because Romo has done it in the regular season before (twice in 2007) and I'm sure others like Vick have done it as well.

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with hate, you are just too stupid to realize that. I wanted him to beat the Steelers, I'm just not so blind to believe that he is anything other than a good athlete playing the wrong position. Now go back to your corner like the little bitch you are.

So much hate on a message board.. you really must have an outstanding life.

I never said he was some great QB. Clearly, his skills are limited at the position, which i've said before 100 times. However, if you don't think he has some other qualities that have helped his team out greatly since he took over at QB, you are the one who is blind. His personality, passion, and demeanor have pulled that team together and everyone is playing hard and playing at a high level since he took over. His attitude inspires the rest of that team and i don't think its any coincidence that they've played much better since he took over and that he's helped them pull out some crazy wins, leading the team on drives at the end of the game to win. Simply put, he's not the greatest QB, but he does what he has to when it counts to win games.

How long can he keep up the winning with his limited skill set at the QB position? Time will tell, but there's no reason to knock the guy right now. Im suprised more don't root for him to be honest. He's the underdog personified. He's like the Rudy of the NFL right now. Doesn't have the ideal skill set to play the QB position, no one thought he could do anything as an NFL QB, and he leads his team to the postseason in his first half a year starting and cuts up the Pitt D for 300 yards and 50 yards rushing and 3 TD's to win his first postseason appearance. Not a bad story. Does ESPN overhype it? Sure do.. but im not going to hold that against Tebow. He doesn't call them up and ask them to talk about him and have cameras follow him around everyday.

Reaction score
When all you can come up with is "Bingo" you may as well just not respond bud, k?

You are horrible at reading comprehension. Hoof mentioned a useless fact about how many QBs have thrown for 300 yards while scoring a rushing TD, which I assume is a playoffs only stat because Romo has done it in the regular season before (twice in 2007) and I'm sure others like Vick have done it as well.

I'll respond where i see fit, thanks though. Hoof nailed it. How many guys do you see throw for 300 yards, 2 TD's and rush for 50 yards and a TD against Pitt in the postseason? It was an inspired performance.. and like always he gave all the credit to his God and his teammates and coaches.

Cythim

Reaction score
I'll respond where i see fit, thanks though. Hoof nailed it. How many guys do you see throw for 300 yards, 2 TD's and rush for 50 yards and a TD against Pitt in the postseason? It was an inspired performance.. and like always he gave all the credit to his God and his teammates and coaches.

Adding the rushing caveat is ridiculous, the average and above QBs are not going to rush for 50 yards and a TD in most games if they ever do. There was nothing inspiring about his 9 of 20 for 220 yards and a TD before overtime and nothing inspiring about the way he hit a wide open WR who stiffarmed his way to the endzone. He got back to doing what he does so well, protecting the ball and getting it to a WR who is capable of breaking out to pad Tebow's stats. There is nothing inspiring about a QB who completes 47% of his passes and needs his WRs to gain 132 yards after the catch.

Now get back in the kitchen, bitch.

Reaction score
Adding the rushing caveat is ridiculous, the average and above QBs are not going to rush for 50 yards and a TD in most games if they ever do. There was nothing inspiring about his 9 of 20 for 220 yards and a TD before overtime and nothing inspiring about the way he hit a wide open WR who stiffarmed his way to the endzone. He got back to doing what he does so well, protecting the ball and getting it to a WR who is capable of breaking out to pad Tebow's stats. There is nothing inspiring about a QB who completes 47% of his passes and needs his WRs to gain 132 yards after the catch.

Now get back in the kitchen, bitch.

To not include something he accomplished in the game is just stupid. If you're trying to prove he isn't a very good QB, everyone has already admitted as much.

However, his ability to run the ball played a part in why the Steelers played so many guys up close to the LOS. They dared him to beat them with his arm, and he did, repeatedly, throughout the game. 300 yards passing and 3 TD's against the Steelers D is an accomplishment for anyone, and especially for Tebow since so many doubted he had a chance. He showed he could get the job done and do what was necessary to win, again.

Cythim

Reaction score
Tebow will be a flash in the pan and next week will be the last chance you have to wear your #15 Jesus jersey.

Cythim

Reaction score
..and we get to the real source of your hate for the guy.

And you continue to make more dumb assumptions. I told you I don't hate Tebow, I just realize he is not a good quarterback. His supporters are quick to jump at anyone who hates him thinking it is because of his religion when the truth is that is the only reason so many people love him. I've never said anything negative about Tebow's character or his desire to display his faith openly, I've only cracked at morons like you who buy into it and believe it makes him a starting quarterback.

Reaction score
And you continue to make more dumb assumptions. I told you I don't hate Tebow, I just realize he is not a good quarterback. His supporters are quick to jump at anyone who hates him thinking it is because of his religion when the truth is that is the only reason so many people love him. I've never said anything negative about Tebow's character or his desire to display his faith openly, I've only cracked at morons like you who buy into it and believe it makes him a starting quarterback.

I don't know if you just can't read, but again, you don't have to convince anyone here that he is a highly skilled QB. Everyone can see very clearly that he doesn't have the necessary physical talent to play the position and win consistently in the NFL. You keep saying it like you're the only one who can see that, when nothing could be further from the truth.. but yea, keep the insults coming like you know something we all don't, lol

Tebow isn't by any means a highly talented guy.. its his ability to pull out close victories and to put drives together when it really counts that people are impressed with right now. He may never have the skill level to win consistently as a QB in the NFL, but he's doing it so far, and its fun to watch a guy with limited skill pull out wins by any means necessary.

Top Bottom