Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Good reply. One other thought on the stops... In most of the towns in my area they have deployed ALPR scanners that automatically run every plate. It takes race out of it and is solely based on the plate number and if a warrant is attached to the owner of the car. Pretty fair way to go about it, but a bit creepy also, because they keep all the information about every car scanned for 1-3 years.

St. Louis and some surrounding cities started using the same system in 2011. Not sure about Ferguson.

Here is link about it.
Car-mounted cameras alert St. Louis cops to iffy plates : News

That is a interesting item but I would doubt Ferguson has them.

They have 2 dash cams that aren't even installed because they couldn't afford to put them in. If they did have it I would think they would have stats for stops due to existing warrants, not just searches.

Who knows. Warrant aspect was so small in the grand scheme it doesn't really alter the reality.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Good reply. One other thought on the stops... In most of the towns in my area they have deployed ALPR scanners that automatically run every plate. It takes race out of it and is solely based on the plate number and if a warrant is attached to the owner of the car. Pretty fair way to go about it, but a bit creepy also, because they keep all the information about every car scanned for 1-3 years.

St. Louis and some surrounding cities started using the same system in 2011. Not sure about Ferguson.

Here is link about it.
Car-mounted cameras alert St. Louis cops to iffy plates : News

Where I work, we pretty much pioneered the LPR type system setup in enforcement kind of environments. We actually got an opens records request from the ACLU about our system a year or so after launch. The biggest discussion right now in Congress is the length of retention of records. 1-3 years is going to be way longer than what they come up with. Most in the industry are guessing 6 months will be the ceiling on retention.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
That is a interesting item but I would doubt Ferguson has them.

They have 2 dash cams that aren't even installed because they couldn't afford to put them in. If they did have it I would think they would have stats for stops due to existing warrants, not just searches.

Who knows. Warrant aspect was so small in the grand scheme it doesn't really alter the reality.

I would doubt it as well, because LPR systems for vehicles that have to capture at a fast rate of speed are very expensive. Like 90k a vehicle expensive.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Where I work, we pretty much pioneered the LPR type system setup in enforcement kind of environments. We actually got an opens records request from the ACLU about our system a year or so after launch. The biggest discussion right now in Congress is the length of retention of records. 1-3 years is going to be way longer than what they come up with. Most in the industry are guessing 6 months will be the ceiling on retention.
Storage is cheap, but why keep anything longer then you need. It just means more illegal police behavior will come to light. I mean your landlord only has to keep your rental contract 6 times longer them the police need to keep their video...

All the lost police and IRS record make it clear to me that the government can not be trusted with its own records and a private company should have them (I trust the gov to over police any free enterprise).

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Storage is cheap, but why keep anything longer then you need. It just means more illegal police behavior will come to light. I mean your landlord only has to keep your rental contract 6 times longer them the police need to keep their video...

All the lost police and IRS record make it clear to me that the government can not be trusted with its own records and a private company should have them (I trust the gov to over police any free enterprise).

It's more about storing private info in a (potentially) insecure environment. More chances of being hacked and all that. We have a pretty tight ship, but the fear is that most don't and can subject this personal info to the hacker public.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
how about the basic human right of not getting shot by out of control police

Are there bad cops? Of course. In Topeka they shot a retarded man 20 something times in his car at a drive through at McDonald's. That is something that should be looked at.

When a punk robs a store and follows that act of kindness with an attack on an officer because he was wondering around in the middle of the street and was told to use the sidewalk like a normal person, shit happens. How many cops have you attacked? The answer is zero because you are a puss. Brown is a better man than you. He lived and died defending his fucked up version of reality. You need to man up junior. You should assault a cop for no reason at all. Go wild on them. Go get those evil pigs.

But you won't because the reality is you don't have the fortitude to stand by your idiotic defense.

Reaction score
Ikr. It's like character assassination of blacks as a whole to justify dangerous protocols by white cops.

I've offered many ideas on how to decrease police brutality on citizens. Mostly blacks we can all agree. And the response has been they have it coming and look at all the fucked up shit they do. I even offered ideas on how to decrease the violence on the streets.

Reaction score
My friends dad was a firefighter and he was gunned down by a black man while putting a fire out in the ghetto. My friend was young and impressionable and he ended up becoming a huge racist and later on killed two black guys who were trying to steal his truck in the middle of the night. Long story short he ended up going to prison and after getting butt raped stopped being racist and upon his release tried to save his brother from being a racist but his brother got gunned down in a urinal by a black guy.

:(

Reaction score
You god damn right that's how it works. I have already stated a few times in this thread that there should be dash and lapel cams to protect both the citizens and cops. Since there is none in this case, it is just as valid that you can't prove the charging grizzly didn't do what has been reported by more than a dozen witnesses as it is that I can't prove that he didn't, which is only corroborated by witnesses whose statements have been proven false by the autopsy.

it has nothing to do with dash cams it's that your dumb ass doesn't understand burden of proof.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
your dumb ass doesn't understand burden of proof.
Ironic, since YOU are convicting the officer of MURDER without any proof whatsoever. "Innocent until proven guilty" only counts when it fits the agenda, right dumbfuck?

Top Bottom