JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Cops in general are way to quick to use deadly force. Blacks, because of their greater proportion of being in the ghetto and commiting crimes, suffer disproportionately. That said, it isnt black women getting shot, it is young agressive black men. Basically I am saying the blackness isnt the problem, but they do take the brunt (justifiably so) of bad policing.

Was this particular case bad policing? Who the hell expects to get away with attacking a cop?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
About the Asians: shame in their culture also plays a role in that. They care way more about how people perceive them than Americans, who adopt the "I don't care what people think about me" attitude.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
About the Asians: shame in their culture also plays a role in that. They care way more about how people perceive them than Americans, who adopt the "I don't care what people think about me" attitude.

That is very true, and is a good chareristic to have when applied properly.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I was not mocking you Hoof. You know I like you. Studies commissioned and rigged to match a preconceived notion bug me. The one you posted was kinda pathetic. There is more to the story than cherry picked numbers, but you know that.

For instance, most towns increase patrols in the most crime ridden areas, or at least the should. More cops in poor neighborhoods means more arrests of poor people. In this case the poor community has a lot of blacks. Not to mention the warrant issue from earlier. Lots of things influence the numbers and the way they reported those numbers was very shallow.

The numbers came from the attorney generals office. Apparently there's a form for which these measures must be checked off for each stop.

As for camping out in crime ridden areas, the town has an area of about 6 square miles so that really doesn't make sense that they'd have to camp out like that. You could be anywhere in a couple minutes. This aside from the obvious profiling involved in staying in just the black side of town......if there even is such a distinct line of separation.

They covered existing warrants in reasons for searches but not stops. Black 369, White 14.

But if you think about how a cop would come across the knowledge of an existing warrant prior to the stop, I'm not sure the answer is gonna lead you to a different outcome. How would a cop know who has a warrant prior to the stop? He'd run the plates. If they're pulling blacks over at a ridiculously higher rate for everything, it's pretty safe to assume that they'd be running plates at a higher rate too.

I mean.....if you'll attribute their presence in a certain area as a result of crime, and it just so happens that blacks live in that area, it only follows that blacks would have warrants because they're criminals and running their plates will be a likely hit. At this point though the only reason you have for running the plates is race.

There's really no way to justify the numbers. They came directly from the Ferguson Police as simple check boxes that were sent to the AG.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Was this particular case bad policing? Who the hell expects to get away with attacking a cop?

No it wasn't. But still, doesn't mean blacks don't get the heavy end of the stick when it comes to bad policing.

Reaction score
I listened to a podcast the other day featuring a guy with a book called blacks vs ******s. He talked about things that this thread touched on. They referenced how bill Cosby got shit in the black community for saying lets go cut the shit. Apparently blacks are 13% of our country and like 57% of our violent crimes.

Fatherless kids wont take school seriously, young brains don't see the long game. So when they're 16 and without direction or skill what sounds better the hoodrat lifestyle or working at KFC? You can't make dads stick around but you can encourage mobility by raising minimum-wage. Lower welfare. Honor military contracts (you couldn't get a ton of niggas to sign up with some tweaks?).

Good? So moving on, I believe in a free America where we don't treat each other like shit based on simply profiling. That would make your blood boil if it happened to you and you know it. And I'm not talking about broken eye sockets you broken records

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I read in the D.C. area there have been a TON of black on white crime after this whole ordeal. That'll teach everyone!! More crime!!

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Good? So moving on, I believe in a free America where we don't treat each other like shit based on simply profiling. That would make your blood boil if it happened to you and you know it. And I'm not talking about broken eye sockets you broken records
agreed, but that is not what happened. Being stopped for walking in the middle of the street is not profiling.

Reaction score
i hope when you get shot by a police they reveal how you stole a jolly rancher from your spanish teacher's drawer in 10th grade

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a law-abiding white-collar professional, not a criminal, so I doubt any bullets will be coming my way from the po po. And I took French in high school.

bonne journée

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
first they came for the jews

Ha, I fucking agree in general, but what the fuck else was the cop supposed to do? I mean shit. I hate the police as much as the next guy, but even in a perfect world walking in the middle of the street will get you stopped and beating on a cop will get you shot. As well it should.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
ha, i fucking agree in general, but what the fuck else was the cop supposed to do? I mean shit. I hate the police as much as the next guy, but even in a perfect world walking in the middle of the street will get you stopped and beating on a cop will get you shot. As well it should.

but he was black!!!!!

Top Bottom