cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Like Zack Martin on that play, keeps looking for work. Free pwned his guy the whole play.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Had Seattle challenged the catch, I believe it would have been overturned - I might be the only one who saw the ball hit the ground before Williams did, out of bounds.

I kept my mouth shut though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Had Seattle challenged the catch, I believe it would have been overturned - I might be the only one who saw the ball hit the ground before Williams did, out of bounds.

I kept my mouth shut though.

drink much?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yes they did challenge it. TW maintained control through out the catch.
Everyone was concentrating on the feet. The challenge wasn't whether he made the catch or not, it was that he went out of bounds. He did not. Therefore the challenge failed.

I saw the ball hit the carpet. But all the replays concentrated on the feet, because that was the subject of the challenge.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone was concentrating on the feet. The challenge wasn't whether he made the catch or not, it was that he went out of bounds. He did not. Therefore the challenge failed.

I saw the ball hit the carpet. But all the replays concentrated on the feet, because that was the subject of the challenge.

Dooms sees things that millions of others, including replay officials cant

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dooms sees things that millions of others, including replay officials cant
Replay officials first of all, weren't looking at the ball. That it was a catch was not the challenge, that he was in bounds was. The network wasn't providing replays showing the ball, just the feet. The feet were the only thing being scrutinized.

Four other people watching the game with me saw the ball hit the carpet too. Our fear was, the play would be overturned. It was not, because the catch itself was not challenged.

Perhaps bbgun can provide us the wide shot footage of the play as it was aired live, because that was the only angle where you could see the ball hit the ground - and that angle was not replayed.

Reaction score
Replay officials first of all, weren't looking at the ball. That it was a catch was not the challenge, that he was in bounds was. The network wasn't providing replays showing the ball, just the feet. The feet were the only thing being scrutinized.

Four other people watching the game with me saw the ball hit the carpet too. Our fear was, the play would be overturned. It was not, because the catch itself was not challenged.

Perhaps bbgun can provide us the wide shot footage of the play as it was aired live, because that was the only angle where you could see the ball hit the ground - and that angle was not replayed.

I just rewatched it. I think you are insane.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Forget drinking, I think you are on crack

BAD

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;vd1tApAxqQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1tApAxqQE[/video]

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The video doesn't lie. The ball does indeed hit the deck. Look very closely. Watch in HD, full screen.

BUT, looking at it again I don't think it matters because of the "football move" of catching the ball up high then successfully tucking it into the chest. If it comes out then, (on the playing field) it is a fumble not a incomplete pass. It didn't come out after hitting the ground though. Or even move.

This is all academic anyway. It was just a great escape, a great pass and a spectacular catch.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
ok dooms
His left hand comes out right before he hits the ground, you can see the point of the ball then hit the ground. You're of course, not really looking for it.

I had the advantage of seeing this in HD, on a 60 inch Pioneer Plasma, and rewinding it several times.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And you saw all the same damn angles everyone in the world saw, including the officials, Seahawk players, coaches and fans.

Everyone but you knows it was a catch

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Everyone but you knows it was a catch
Do you not read? I never said it was not a catch. In fact I said just the opposite.

Try fucking reading.

The ball DID hit the ground though. LOOK at the fucking video.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you not read? I never said it was not a catch. In fact I said just the opposite.

Try fucking reading.

The ball DID hit the ground though. LOOK at the fucking video.

I did read. You said had Seattle challenged (which they in fact did) it would have been overturned. Meaning it wasn't a catch.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you don't see the point of the ball sticking out right here, have your eyes checked. His left hand is on the ground, right in front of the ball.

ballonground.jpg

Top Bottom