Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I did read. You said had Seattle challenged (which they in fact did) it would have been overturned. Meaning it wasn't a catch.
Umm, no. I said had Seattle challenged THE CATCH. They did not. They challenged whether he was in bounds or not.

My FEAR was, had they challenged the catch itself these idiots might have overturned the call on the field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dooms, first you didn't even know they challenged it.

Then you think that they only challenged whether his feet were in bounds. When the officials look at a review of a "reception", if they see the ball hit the ground they are going to overturn it. The ball can touch the ground if a receiver has control of it.

Then you post a picture that doesn't show any part of the ball hitting the ground to support your already ultra retarded argument.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dooms, first you didn't even know they challenged it.
Umm, yes I did. Again, you apparently need a remedial reading course.
Then you think that they only challenged whether his feet were in bounds. When the officials look at a review of a "reception", if they see the ball hit the ground they are going to overturn it. The ball can touch the ground if a receiver has control of it.
They did not see that, because that shot was not part of the replay package, for that challenge. The replay views focused only on his feet, because that is what was challenged.
Then you post a picture that doesn't show any part of the ball hitting the ground to support your already ultra retarded argument.
You can't read, and are blind as well. What is that football-shaped thing about to hit the ground right in front of his left hand, that is already on the ground?

The Homer sees only unicorns, sunshine and rainbows.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Umm, yes I did. Again, you apparently need a remedial reading course.
They did not see that, because that shot was not part of the replay package, for that challenge. The replay views focused only on his feet, because that is what was challenged.
You can't read, and are blind as well. What is that football-shaped thing about to hit the ground right in front of his left hand, that is already on the ground?

Well fortunately for you, I have the thing on DVR

After the play happens, they show several angles of it, including a close up of that pic you show above. It never touches the ground. It doesn't look it ever came close to touching the ground. The ball isn't moving.

When they look at a replay of it, they arnt just looking to see where his feet are. If they notice the ball is moving around and hit the ground, they are gonna overturn it.

Its a catch dude.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Its a catch dude.
Just like I said.

The ball hits the ground AFTER the football move of tucking it to his chest after he catches it high. The ball hits the ground, there's no question about that. It's not relevant, but it happened. Look at the blowup and tell me what that football-shaped thingie is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just like I said.

The ball hits the ground AFTER the football move of tucking it to his chest after he catches it high. The ball hits the ground, there's no question about that. It's not relevant, but it happened. Look at the blowup and tell me what that football-shaped thingie is.

The ball never hits the ground. Its pretty clear on those multiple angles they show during the telecast.

And then you post a pic with the ball 2 feet off the ground and cradled in his right arm, and think that's proof that he must be about to drop it.

If the ball would have been moving around, it would have been overturned. Period.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And then you post a pic with the ball 2 feet off the ground and cradled in his right arm
Umm, what is that pointy football looking thingie we see right in front (from our view) of his left hand glove on the ground? Is that his left arm? It got all super puffy, like a football and stuff?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Do we at least agree we see his right knee on the ground? And his left hand?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Umm, what is that pointy football looking thingie we see right in front (from our view) of his left hand glove on the ground? Is that his left arm? It got all super puffy, like a football and stuff?

The ball is cradled in his right arm Dooms, you can see the laces. And that's exactly what it looks like in all those replays and angles they show during the broadcast.

Reaction score
I have to admit I avoided even opening this thread until now.

This is because I saw the subject title (yesterday) mentioning that horrible play from the early 1980's called ''The C..Cc..Cca...The Catch!"

NOT COOL!!!! NOT COOL AT ALL!!

It brings back nightmares. :cr122

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have to admit I avoided even opening this thread until now.

This is because I saw the subject title (yesterday) mentioning that horrible play from the early 1980's called ''The C..Cc..Cca...The Catch!"

NOT COOL!!!! NOT COOL AT ALL!!

It brings back nightmares.
Same here, that was my first thought as well.

Top Bottom