Reaction score
National reaction to Ezekiel Elliott incident: Cowboys RB a 'creep,' his 'consistent stupidity' daring the devil

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

After Ezekiel Elliott exposed a women's breast during Dallas' St. Patrick's Day parade Saturday, reactions varied from considering his behavior the latest drunk shenanigans to an act of sexual assault. For Elliott, the subject of an open NFL investigation into assault allegations, it stirred conversation. Here are some national opinions on the implications of Elliott's actions, whether he should face consequences, and if so, what they should look like:

SportsCenter's Michael Smith and Jemele Hill

Smith: "Grow up, man. My mom always told me a hard head makes a soft behind. This is not the '90s, this is not boys will be boys. Even if you think that's OK to do, you're Ezekiel Elliott, everyone's watching you. ... I'm not calling him stupid but that's what we used to call stuck on stupid. There's no reason to do that. If y'all are that close and comfortable, get a room. But doing that in public? C'mon man."

Hill: "Is there an issue with how he treats and engages with women? If this is about perception, watching this video there's a lot to be assumed and perceived about his behavior. Part of this video she's shooing him away and he looks like a creep."

Philadelphia Daily News columnist John Smallwood

Smallwood: "At some point, we must acknowledge that stupid deserves whatever stupid gets. Dallas Cowboys star running back Ezekiel Elliott is starting to show a tendency toward consistent stupidity. Now we'll see whether NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is also habitually stupid. ...

"If for no other reason than punishing sheer dumbness, Goodell should lean heavily toward fining and/or suspending Elliott, depending on what is found in both the current investigation and the one that should be launched over the Dallas incident.

"What Elliott did over the weekend shows a blatant disregard for a policy for which the NFL has received a ton of negative attention. It damages the Shield."

ESPN's First Take hosts

Max Kellerman: "If he's exhibiting this kind of poor judgment consistently this early in his career, you wonder what can wind up happening. You need to get that under control if you're the Dallas Cowboys. ... From the Cowboys point of view, this has become urgent."

Stephen A. Smith: "What that means is the Cowboys should be the ones to punish him instead of the National Football League. Jerry Jones should step up and remind Ezekiel Elliott that even though the league holds dominion over us all... you're still an employee of the Dallas Cowboys, which makes you my domain. I don't condone this behavior, I don't approve of it, I will not tolerate it. ... Pretend you're still America's team and step forward. Find him directly if you're Jerry Jones and have a long talk with him."

Molly Qerim: "That would actually show a change of culture since they've dealt with these issues before, if they put their foot down and took a stance."

St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Ben Frederickson

Frederickson: "It's Elliott who has implored the NFL to resolve its lengthy investigation, yet continues to complicate matters every time he winds up in a news cycle that feasts on the screw-ups of celebrities and sports stars.

"What Elliott seems to be missing - and his biggest weakness might be his only one - is the self-preservation trait every star must have in today's society."

Frederickson illustrates how such a mentor could've guided Elliott's last year:

Q: Hey Coach, should I check out this Seattle pot shop before a preseason game?

A: Pass.

Q: Hey Coach, should I inject myself into a shoving and shouting match that broke out in my sister's high school basketball game?

A: Best to sit that one out.

Q: Hey Coach, should I expose a woman in public while the NFL is still weighing allegations of domestic assault against me?

A: Are you serious?

The Undisputed's Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe

Sharpe: "Wherever this young man is, be it the Cowboys or any of the other 31 teams, the head coach and the general manager will never, ever be able to put their phone on silent as long as he's on their roster.

"Because there's always the potential, the possibility or probability that you're going to get a phone call. You hope it's nothing serious, but somehow, some way ... trouble, incidents seem to follow this young man around, and we've seen it over and over."

Bayless: "He's always on the edge of trouble, if not in trouble. You said 'trouble follows him,' - no, he seeks it. Unwittingly, maybe, but he just seeks it, because he constantly puts himself in harm's way. ... The behavior is inexcusable given what's hanging over his head, ongoing. It comes across like he's continuing to dare the devil in every situation he throws himself into."

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Memo to Zek: When you're going to hang out with a floozie with big tits and you do something stupid in public that will bring you some heat, make sure you at least get a blow job out of it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Memo to Zek: When you're going to hang out with a floozie with big tits and you do something stupid in public that will bring you some heat, make sure you at least get a blow job out of it.

I have no doubt that he's wearing that out as we speak. The Fan was reporting this morning that she's hanging out with him in Miami this week.

Top Bottom