dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still say if we don't get Wentz or Goff at 4 Elliott is the best player for us there and would have a huge impact.

Bosa is also firmly still in the discussion for me as well though. If we took him Lawrence goes back to RDE, Gregory becomes a nickel pass rusher and on 3rd downs you move Bosa inside next to Crawford some.

I think Bosa would definitely get 8-12 sacks a yr here in Marinelli's scheme.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
to be blunt I have more evidence to support my side then you do. All you have is crap from the various mediots.
I have the fact that Jerruh and company have not publicly cut ties to him. If it was as YOU claim they would have by now.

What? He hasn't been resigned. He's a free agent. Not a Cowboy. And rightfully so, this past season he gave us absolutely no reason to resign him. That says all you need to know for now so hop off Hardy's dick already.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I still say if we don't get Wentz or Goff at 4 Elliott is the best player for us there and would have a huge impact.

Bosa is also firmly still in the discussion for me as well though. If we took him Lawrence goes back to RDE, Gregory becomes a nickel pass rusher and on 3rd downs you move Bosa inside next to Crawford some.

I think Bosa would definitely get 8-12 sacks a yr here in Marinelli's scheme.

I've said it before but we really can't go wrong with this pick. We're gonna get a good player no matter what.

Having said that I still think the pick should be Jack. This #4 overall pick needs to fix the defense and help get it back on track. There's not a better fit for Marinelli's scheme than Jack. He's the new age LBer, can do it all and cover better than most safeties. He's a can't miss in my eyes. Gonna be a super star in this league.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What? He hasn't been resigned. He's a free agent. Not a Cowboy. And rightfully so, this past season he gave us absolutely no reason to resign him. That says all you need to know for now so hop off Hardy's dick already.
well you can suck whichever one you want to but fact is that Jerruh and Stepehn have not closed the door

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hardy is done here dude. Get over it.

I'm not saying I want him back. He's a cancer in the locker room and hasn't lived up to his potential

I'm just saying what I can see happening with him. With us not solving our pass rush problems in FA and now not being able to trust or even count on Gregory we will need to solve the same issue we had to solve last off season which is what brought Hardy to us in the first place. If he sits around till training camp and doesn't even have interest from other teams then I easily see us signing him again as a stop gap to fill the void just like we did with him last year. But this time it will be with a very team friendly contract being almost entirely incentive based.

Even if we do draft a pass rusher we can't just call that position locked up and all fixed

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He didn't solve the pass rush problems last year either. The thing for me is he actually got WORSE as the year wore on, not better. You'd think after dusting off the rust that he would have shown improvement, but he didn't.

He had all the motivation in the world to perform but didn't. If he would have been a difference maker he'd have been rewarded with a huge extension and he knew that. Instead he played average at best.

Then when you factor in his problems behind the scenes there, he just isn't worth it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thankfully the Titans signed Murray, at least they shouldn't be taking Elliott now. But do the Browns or chargers need a RB?

Either way I don't see us using our #4 pick on offense after JJ watched defense win the Broncos the super bowl

But it sure would be nice to have the RB positioned locked up for years to come

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Chargers drafted Gordon last yr in the first. he had a lousy year but I cant believe they'd give up on him after just one season.

The Browns have a couple of decent RB's I think, Isiah Crowell and they drafted Duke Johnson early last yr. Hard to see them taking another one this early.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anyone have a good idea who will be off the board by #4?

I'm sure the Browns burn another pick on a QB, but what are the Titans and chargers main needs?

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Anyone have a good idea who will be off the board by #4?

I'm sure the Browns burn another pick on a QB, but what are the Titans and chargers main needs?
Titans need a lot but the smart thing for them is to take Tunsil and move lewan to RT. They HAVE to protect Mariota better.
I could see the chargers taking Tunisl if the Titans pass on him; they need help at tackle badly. But they need help on D as well.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just don't see us taking an offensive player at #4

Whoever we get he needs to be a game changer

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just don't see us taking an offensive player at #4
If we don't go QB, I kind of agree.

Jack had a pretty good workout today not even 100% healthy yet. Jumped 40" at 245. I bet he's our guy. I could see Marinelli saying he's our Briggs. Some of the top defenders like Buckner don't really fit his scheme but Jack would.

Unless they count too much on McClain, but I doubt even they are that stupid.

Reaction score
If Dallas gets the Leon Hall and the Dashon Goldson AND is intent on Byron Jones playing Cb (as Team Stream reported today), then the RB and QB positions are the only ones unfixed. Hint hint. McClain re-signed and they still have those two dolts: Wilson and Nzeocha from last year's draft and Nzeocha seems like he could play SLB. Lee, Hitchens, Gazchar, it's a glut there. Not really all blue chip but maybe all blue collar. Thornton is an upgrade.

But there are no new answers at all at QB, WR, or RB. Not sure about DE either. They drafted two last year plus signed David Irving who has potential.

Just reading the tea leaves.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He didn't solve the pass rush problems last year either. The thing for me is he actually got WORSE as the year wore on, not better. You'd think after dusting off the rust that he would have shown improvement, but he didn't.

He had all the motivation in the world to perform but didn't. If he would have been a difference maker he'd have been rewarded with a huge extension and he knew that. Instead he played average at best.

Then when you factor in his problems behind the scenes there, he just isn't worth it.
how conveniently as usual you ignore anything that dares to show you how full of it you are

Tell me who in the NFL this last year got more hate than Hardy? From virtually every direction. Every week there was some POS like Christine Brennan attacking him and treating him as a convicted rapist/murderer/pedophile. He got worse treatment by far than Ray Rice did for far less.
Now tell me that did not get to him and tear him down? But of course you think he is just a gorilla and worth any hate you care to throw at him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok dude. Hardy is just misunderstood or something I guess.

He was really awesome for us last yr and helped us win lots of games. We should sign him to a 10 yr, 500 million dollar contract.

We just can't get by without him here.

Top Bottom