Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Got up this morning flipped on the national espn and they were talking about tebow.

Flipped to the fan they were talking about DEz Bryant and how dcfanatic discovered tweets that he was Saturday night and broke the rules already, so they are all up in arms.

What a sad pathetic group. I would love to know who told that tard Calvin Watkins all this info and why they would bring the scrutiny on the team like this. The on,y thing dumber is the fact that we have a player with these rules. Only an idiot would then tell the media.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nick eatman just said the cowboys are pretty pissed this list of rules came out and that it came from they think david west.....

said it could be a problem soon with the nflpa.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
No, but you send them to a clinic that monitors and regulates everything they do until they are mentally healthy enough to regulate themselves. If anything, this is a clear sign that he is completely out of control and needs something this extreme.

Clinics don't just monitor and set rules. They require that you attend hard-core counseling.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Article up on ESPN saying Bryant and his people did in fact request this.

If its true, I think some people need to start giving him a little bit of credit for genuinely trying to change.

He did in fact come into camp in outstanding shape. He had a tremendous camp on the field and has definitely advanced as a player. if he is really growing up, he can definitely become a perennial probowl calibar player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Got up this morning flipped on the national espn and they were talking about tebow.

Flipped to the fan they were talking about DEz Bryant and how dcfanatic discovered tweets that he was Saturday night and broke the rules already, so they are all up in arms.

What a sad pathetic group. I would love to know who told that tard Calvin Watkins all this info and why they would bring the scrutiny on the team like this. The on,y thing dumber is the fact that we have a player with these rules. Only an idiot would then tell the media.

Nobody more full of cow dung than this turd. Not believing it for a second.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Nobody more full of cow dung than this turd. Not believing it for a second.

He found tweets, he didn't make them up.

BlackChe #Shoutout to Dez Bryant, Gerald Sensabaugh, Mike Jenkins, Danny McCray, Orlando Scandrick & Lawrence Vickers @ #VictoryTavern! #CowboyNation

Maybe the dude who tweeted it is full of shit, who knows.

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Cowboys have not created off-the-field rules for Dez Bryant
By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
9:17 am on August 28, 2012

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones says the team has not created off-the-field rules for wide receiver Dez Bryant.

During a weekly radio appearance Tuesday, Jones declined to provide any detail on guidelines that have been set for Bryant. The only player rules Jones mentioned were the ones put in place by the National Football League and the Dallas Cowboys.

“We’ve given no detail. I’m not so sure where the media has come up with detail of this nature,” Jones told the New School show on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “Fundamentally, Dez does, and I’m convinced, want to do many things that give him the opportunity to get on track the way he needs to, both on and off the field.

“I think any of this talk or any of these references to what he is going to be doing or what he is not going to be doing, I think in general, it’s one that would say just let’s conform to good behavior, the kind of behavior that the commissioner expects, that society expects and that anybody expects if you’re going to get the opportunities you are. He does believe he has a great opportunity.

“We’re fully supportive of him, his family, his mother and we want to do anything in that direction that we can. As far as specifics of rules, I think just rules that let him concentrate on what he’s doing on the field and let him do his work and not have the distractions of not doing it right off the field.”

The reported off-the-field guidelines include restrictions on alcohol consumption, a curfew and an assigned multi-member security team. But Jones refused to speak about any of those details.

“I’m not going to discuss any of the rules because that implies that there’s a certain set of rules and I don’t know that that’s correct either,” Jones said. “Really, just by the nature of it, it’s not one you would discuss. We have rules on behavior in the NFL. We have rules on behavior at the Cowboys as well. I’m not so sure there’s been any new rule created here.”

What are the consequences if Bryant doesn’t follow NFL standards?

“Well, I think it’s pretty clear,” Jones said. “We’ve got behavior rules in the NFL that have been made real clear by the commissioner’s office. And I think it’s real clear that if you don’t abide by the rules of society, what happens. All of those are answers that any adult deals with every day.”

Despite Bryant’s multiple incidents away from football, which include being issued a criminal trespass warning at a Dallas mall, multiple lawsuits for failure to repay loans and being detained by police in Miami for an altercation at a night club, Jones has maintained that there have been no surprises with Bryant since the club drafted him in 2009.

And Bryant’s July arrest for allegedly assaulting his mother hasn’t changed Jones’ response to questions about second-guessing his first-round selection.

“There have been absolutely no surprises for us with Dez,” Jones said Tuesday. “There are no surprises here.”

When further questioned about that response, Jones refused to answer any more questions on the topic.

Top Bottom