dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No shit, no one's arguing that. But you, these writers and other Garrett and Jerry dick suckers make like it was some grand strategic plan to draft a monster o-line so we could dominate up front. And it was NOT a plan. It happened by ACCIDENT pretty much.

Did we draft them or not numnutz?

NONE of them were, that's the whole point.

Obviously Tyron Smith was.

And with Fred they passed on a number of other more highly rated guys (by all the pundits) to trade down and take him at the end of the 1st.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson never "planned" to draft Emmitt Smith. He "planned" to find a way to draft James Francis or Lamar Lathon.

Therefore somehow the Emmitt pick is de-legitimatized or something

-Doomsday, Midswat

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The difference is, I don't remember Jimmy and his adoring press corps claiming he was targeting Emmitt all along like Garrett and some of his media fans are doing with the O-line.

At least Jerry has been very honest in admitting how lucky we got with Dak.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No. Just stop pretending using three first rounders on the OL was some master plan.

Who gives a fuck if that was the plan or not? Just enjoy the fact that they're here instead of guys like Johnnie Numbnuts.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson never "planned" to draft Emmitt Smith. He "planned" to find a way to draft James Francis or Lamar Lathon.

Therefore somehow the Emmitt pick is de-legitimatized or something

-Doomsday, Midswat

None of that was ever claimed by anyone ever. Fail. But keep sucking that Ginger dick.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jimmy said so himself dumbass, pretty good source
He never did. You're full of shit.

But then again, you cannot argue the central point. You have to deflect and pettifog - that despite all the scob-knobbing from the sports press, there was NO fucking grand strategic PLAN to build a dominant offensive line! That's the ONLY issue a lot of us have, this fucking false claim, this false narrative that you KNOW is fucking false!

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
The fact is they are here. Who gives a flying fuck who's idea it was. They are here, they didn't magically just show up and start working as a group so as little as all of you would give Garret any props for this, he either coached them up or was smart enough to hire folks that could. They are in the 1st seed with a bye week and 2 games to play before the play offs start, for God's sake someone at least be happy with the team regardless of who drafted what. Never seen anyone that could look at a season as magical as this one has been and be so down on the organization as if we were 4 and 10 right now or some shit.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The fact is they are here. Who gives a flying fuck who's idea it was. They are here, they didn't magically just show up and start working as a group so as little as all of you would give Garret any props for this, he either coached them up or was smart enough to hire folks that could. They are in the 1st seed with a bye week and 2 games to play before the play offs start, for God's sake someone at least be happy with the team regardless of who drafted what. Never seen anyone that could look at a season as magical as this one has been and be so down on the organization as if we were 4 and 10 right now or some shit.

Nobody is down on the team. The only thing people have done in this thread is point out the myth about some grand master plan that Garrett has been the strategic architect of as if he is some master mind genius when it comes to football when in reality this entire season has been the result of blind luck and coaching incompetence. Blind luck because we got Dak late in the 4th round. Not because of some genius insight of Jerry's QB guru who couldnt even win anything with veteran NFL QB's last year. And that coaching incompetence last year resulted in the team having the 4th overall pick in the draft and got Zeke. Once again, not because of any grand master plan but actually due to an incompetent job of coaching last year.

This has been a great year and enjoyable but to say that its the result of any grand plan just doesnt fit the facts. And knowing how capable the red clown is as a coaching genius we all know this could come crashing down at any time because if being sustainable depends on the coaching staff we are shaky at best.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The fact is they are here. Who gives a flying fuck who's idea it was.
Obviously the fucking liars do, the ones putting forward the false narrative. You don't mind being fed a line of shit, that's okay with me. Therefore it should be perfectly okay with you that I do mind it and I challenge it, each and every time I see the lie presented.

In short, go fuck yourself if you don't like it. Dig?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He never did. You're full of shit.

But then again, you cannot argue the central point. You have to deflect and pettifog - that despite all the scob-knobbing from the sports press, there was NO fucking grand strategic PLAN to build a dominant offensive line! That's the ONLY issue a lot of us have, this fucking false claim, this false narrative that you KNOW is fucking false!

Are you disputing that Jimmy wasn't trying to trade up for James Francis or Lamar Lathon? Because this is common knowledge and something Jimmy has addressed publicly numerous times, it might even be in his book.

The argument you are making dooms is a classic straw man discussion.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously the fucking liars do, the ones putting forward the false narrative. You don't mind being fed a line of shit, that's okay with me. Therefore it should be perfectly okay with you that I do mind it and I challenge it, each and every time I see the lie presented.

In short, go fuck yourself if you don't like it. Dig?

Maybe you should go fuck your self asshat.

Most people honestly don't care whether the OL being rebuilt was the product of some "declared grand scheme" It doesn't fucking matter. The fact is we drafted these guys for a reason. They weren't assigned to us or ended up here because no one else was available.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Are you disputing that Jimmy wasn't trying to trade up for James Francis or Lamar Lathon? Because this is common knowledge and something Jimmy has addressed publicly numerous times, it might even be in his book.
Did you not say Jimmy said that Emmitt was the plan? Did I misread? Emmitt was not part of a grand plan and nobody ever claimed he was.
Most people honestly don't care whether the OL being rebuilt was the product of some "declared grand scheme" It doesn't fucking matter.
That's right, most morons such as yourself don't care when the media is feeding them a total line of shit, to build a fake "legacy" for someone. But you morons shouldn't mind when the more intelligent among us, calls them on it you fucking dumbass. You being a Trump bot, one might think you would be a lot more sensitive to fake false narratives being pushed by the media. This "Garrett and his grand plan" fucking myth is no different really at all from the "Obama legacy" narrative playing out. Open your fucking eyes - they're trying to turn Garrett into Landry and you're lapping it right the fuck up. Probably because like a lot of other idiots, you believe it.
Most people honestly don't care whether the OL being rebuilt was the product of some "declared grand scheme"
But obviously you do, otherwise you wouldn't be so vehemently arguing about it, Ginger dick sucker.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you not say Jimmy said that Emmitt was the plan? Did I misread? Emmitt was not part of a grand plan and nobody ever claimed he was.

No Dooms, that's not what I said. I was making a point specifically to you that since Jimmy never claimed "building a great run game" was part of the "master plan" that somehow now I guess Jimmy's selection of Emmitt should be devalued or something.

That's right, most morons such as yourself don't care when the media is feeding them a total line of shit, to build a fake "legacy" for someone. But you morons shouldn't mind when the more intelligent among us, calls them on it you fucking dumbass. You being a Trump bot, one might think you would be a lot more sensitive to fake false narratives being pushed by the media. This "Garrett and his grand plan" fucking myth is no different really at all from the "Obama legacy" narrative playing out. Open your fucking eyes

I don't care about his grand plan. If he wins some championship games and a Super Bowl or two, he'll ultimately have to be deemed a success. None of us knows what he tells the Jones' and McClay in private and he doesn't say much of anything when he gives his news conferences. I don't know (and neither do you) whether Garrett ultimately wanted to "rebuild" the OL or not, but the evidence is there that someone in the organization finally "got it" when it came to the OL, and we've been adding OL early ever since he took over as HC. Was it because of him? I don't know, and honestly don't care. I still think the "master plan" was to draft good players, and they obviously did that with Smith, Fred and Martin. Even Chaz Green appears to have talent for the position, although he cant stay healthy.

Reaction score
I don't care about his grand plan. If he wins some championship games and a Super Bowl or two, he'll ultimately have to be deemed a success.

If I find a cure for cancer, I'll be deemed a medical genius.

Odds of that happening are about equal as Jason winning a "Super Bowl or two."

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No Dooms, that's not what I said. I was making a point specifically to you that since Jimmy never claimed "building a great run game" was part of the "master plan" that somehow now I guess Jimmy's selection of Emmitt should be devalued or something.
Dammit dbair. The whole point is that Garrett himself and of course his followers *have* claimed it was a grand plan. Jimmy didn't do that. In fact Jimmy did the opposite -- he admitted they were looking at other players.

But Jimmy has enough confidence in himself that he doesn't have to go concocting stories to make himself look better.

And how can we even put Jimmy and Garrett in the same sentence when it comes to drafting anyway. Jimmy really was running those draft rooms. Garrett gets ignored and plays footies with Charlotte to amuse himself while Steven, McClay, and Jerry actually make the picks. Anyone who has watched ten minutes of the draft room cam can see this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dammit dbair. The whole point is that Garrett himself and of course his followers *have* claimed it was a grand plan. Jimmy didn't do that. In fact Jimmy did the opposite -- he admitted they were looking at other players.

But Jimmy has enough confidence in himself that he doesn't have to go concocting stories to make himself look better.

And how can we even put Jimmy and Garrett in the same sentence when it comes to drafting anyway. Jimmy really was running those draft rooms. Garrett gets ignored and plays footies with Charlotte to amuse himself while Steven, McClay, and Jerry actually make the picks. Anyone who has watched ten minutes of the draft room cam can see this.

I know some of the writers have mentioned the Garrett wanting to rebuild the OL thing, but you're saying Garrett mentioned this himself too?

I'm asking because I don't recall that, I don't watch all his boring PC's so I easily could have missed it, but I don't remember ever hearing it.

That said it still doesn't change my view. The ultimate goal was to draft good players and they did that. Sure maybe Zack Martin wasn't the first choice, but they don't control that, the teams that draft in front of them do. That's the way it works for all 32 teams.

And while I know Garrett has showed some ignorance from time to time on various issues, even he isn't dumb enough to think upgrading guys like Bill Nagy, Phil Costa and some old broken down guys is not in the team's best interests.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes, Garrett said ever since he got there there was a concerted effort to rebuild the line. Almost verbatim. Which is at the very best bending the truth. Which is irritating.

The other part is what you said: The OL was the weakness on offense. We already had Pro Bowl talent at literally every other position: QB, TE, WR, and since Murry, RB. OL was all that was left. What were we going to do, spend more firsts on positions we already had filled?

I mean, why hasn't the storyline been that there was a concerted effort to draft DBs? They spent the same or more on Claiborne and Jones as they did on the three OL. But that group isn't nearly as good, so you don't hear that it was part of a grand plan.

Top Bottom