Reaction score
He is unrestricted. Unless he has no other offers I cant imagine he wants to be here as a backup. No opportunity to move up and I am sure in his mind he thinks he is a better than a 4th wr...

Especially after his trade demands last off season. I'd say Hurd is as good as gone.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I can buy that. He might be just what ogletree needs.

Forget Ogletree, I'd be interested to see what he does with Dwayne Harris. And this isn't the only shocking news, Baltimore released Todd Heap. Crazy.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Report: Cowboys WR Roy Williams on being cut today, "I would have done the same thing"

By Brandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
3:56 PM on Tue., Jul. 26, 2011 | Permalink

Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams never lived up to expectations in Dallas and was informed this morning by owner Jerry Jones that he's being cut because of salary cap reasons. Williams told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram this afternoon that he "would have done the same thing."

Williams was still at his home in Odessa when Jones contacted him about his release, according to the report, and said he was disappointed but not surprised.

"It is a business. It is what it is," Williams said.

The move leaves Miles Austin and Dez Bryant as the Cowboys' starting wide receivers. That was likely the case anyway.

The former Texas Longhorns standout said he regretted that it didn't work out for him in Dallas.

"It wasn't even close to what I thought it was going to be," Williams told the Star-Telegram. "I appreciated the opportunity Mr. Jones gave me. I just a chance to play with three of the best players I have ever seen in Jason Witten , Jay Ratliff and DeMarcus Ware. It was a great opportunity. But it's over."

Williams said he'll continue to play in the NFL, just not with the Cowboys.

"I'm still going to play," Williams said. "We will see what happens. My teammates know what I'm capable of. I don't think I'm washed up or done. It didn't work out there. It will work out somewhere."

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, he's got a good attitude about it.

Wait till he signs with another team. He will go on and on about how Jason Garrett held him back. He has done this lightly while here, now that he is out I imagine a scathing garrett tirade in the near future. Similar to Craytons blame on garrett from san diego last year...

He cant help himself. He is an ego maniac for no reason.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Forget Ogletree, I'd be interested to see what he does with Dwayne Harris. And this isn't the only shocking news, Baltimore released Todd Heap. Crazy.

I'm with you on Harris. Not surprised about Heap. He's been injured quite a bit. He's not the player that he used to be.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"It wasn't even close to what I thought it was going to be," Williams told the Star-Telegram. "I appreciated the opportunity Mr. Jones gave me. I just a chance to play with three of the best players I have ever seen in Jason Witten , Jay Ratliff and DeMarcus Ware. It was a great opportunity. But it's over."

No Romo.

Top Bottom