NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
so will mike martz sign him friday in chicago? They need wr.

I honestly think there might be a good market for him.

He shouldn't be asking for a whole lot... So while Holmes and Rice are demanding big money teams might go to Roy.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Suffer yea.. but to what extent? Not as greatly as having one of two unproven commodities as your #2 wideout.

Look at the Giants. They are completely loaded at WR. One injury doesn't phase that team.

They also have a pretty ridic running game.

It also affects us less because of our pass catchers at TE. We have tons of options that most other teams don't have. I mean look at Houston, they have a strong running game, a number 1, and had Owen Daniels but last year he didn't even play most of the season. After that it's freaking Kevin Walters? Having depth at the WR position is a luxury, and it's one that you don't really need if you have a good QB and a strong running game. We obviously only have half of that, but we have more talent at pass-catcher than most teams in the NFL, too. Most teams are lucky to have a #1 and a decent TE. We have possibly two #1s, the best TE in the league, two decent backups to that TE, and one of the most effective backs in the league catching passes.

tl;dr there's no reason for us to be overly worried about who our 3rd Wr is or fretting on what we'll do IF someone gets injured.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
the injuries at wr hurt them alot last year. Alot.

they cut rich seubert today and smith is a free agent along with bradshaw....they could be very different. I guess they have interest in robert gallery.

Yea but with the Giants last year we're talking about multiple injuries. Not just one. If what happened to them last year, happens to us... we're screwed because we don't have NEAR the depth that they do.

As for their FAs... I never thought highly of Bradshaw. I'd let him go. I think a lot of Steve Smith though. He's Eli's security blanket.. They need to get him back.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
They also have a pretty ridic running game.

It also affects us less because of our pass catchers at TE. We have tons of options that most other teams don't have. I mean look at Houston, they have a strong running game, a number 1, and had Owen Daniels but last year he didn't even play most of the season. After that it's freaking Kevin Walters? Having depth at the WR position is a luxury, and it's one that you don't really need if you have a good QB and a strong running game. We obviously only have half of that, but we have more talent at pass-catcher than most teams in the NFL, too. Most teams are lucky to have a #1 and a decent TE. We have possibly two #1s, the best TE in the league, two decent backups to that TE, and one of the most effective backs in the league catching passes.

tl;dr there's no reason for us to be overly worried about who our 3rd Wr is or fretting on what we'll do IF someone gets injured.

Houston only had 6 wins though...

I do agree with the fact that we have more talent on the surface... But our depth is lacking in ALL areas. My greater concern is at the OLine and DLine but still after our top 2 WRs we don't have much and I am concerned about it.

Midswat did bring up a good point earlier in the thread about Jimmy Robinson.

C

Cr122

WTF?

Gotta bring in someone you can count on as a potential #2.

I didn't want to see him released either, but we'll be fine with Dez, Miles, Ogletree, Witten and Bennett. And throw in Phillips if he stays healthy.

Reaction score
Roy is my least favorite Cowboy, and I'm glad he is gone. He had Less Than Patrick Crayton Numbers, and I get sick of seeing his shit eating grin on the sideline every time he screws the pooch.

63echo

Reaction score
Less surprising than the Davis cut to me, but still unexpected. I wonder who we're loading up to go after?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't know he was available but yeah, I'd like Breaston a lot more than going into the season with Sam frigging Hurd a blink away from starting.

Hurd is an UFA.

I saw breaston was talking to someone earlier in the day. Ken whisenhut sounded pretty adamant that breaston would be back though.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Does this all mean that Hurd slides into the 3rd spot? Is he still even on the team?

He is unrestricted. Unless he has no other offers I cant imagine he wants to be here as a backup. No opportunity to move up and I am sure in his mind he thinks he is a better than a 4th wr...

Top Bottom