Reaction score
i know that eli doesnt suck. He's better than mcnabb who made the top 100. 4,000 yards and 31 tds is not easy to come by. I'm just being a hater. I'm aware of that, but on youtube someone requested an eli manning interception montage and in a lockout, there isnt much breaking news or anything to make a video about... I know he doesnt suck. Rex grossman sucks. jake delhome sucks. but Eli has skill. I just hate him

My sentiments.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't know if he's in my top 100. I haven't exactly attempted to rank em.

Eli can be really good and really bad. It's that inconsistency that will always keep him off the list of top tier QBs in this league.

But you can't take away his Super Bowl run.

Cythim

Reaction score
I don't know if he's in my top 100. I haven't exactly attempted to rank em.

Eli can be really good and really bad. It's that inconsistency that will always keep him off the list of top tier QBs in this league.

But you can't take away his Super Bowl run.

I take away Brad Johnson's and Trent Dilfer's Super Bowl runs and I can take away Eli's as well. His defense held three of the top 4 scoring offenses to 20 points or less to get him that SB MVP. Eli only had to not **** up and that is all he did.

sbk92

Reaction score
I take away Brad Johnson's and Trent Dilfer's Super Bowl runs and I can take away Eli's as well. His defense held three of the top 4 scoring offenses to 20 points or less to get him that SB MVP. Eli only had to not **** up and that is all he did.

Right. That game winning drive ending with a TD throw to bring the Lombardi back to New York didn't happen.

You have fun comparing him to Dilfer and Johnson.

Cythim

Reaction score
Right. That game winning drive ending with a TD throw to bring the Lombardi back to New York didn't happen.

You have fun comparing him to Dilfer and Johnson.

Doesn't happen if his defense can't hold the most prolific offense of the decade to 14 points.

sbk92

Reaction score
lol

Yeah. It was all defense and amazing catches by the receivers.

Oh, and luck too!!

Reaction score
And drops by the Pats defenders.

I like Eli's work ethic and durability. He is an acceptable NFL QB that you dont need to try and replace, but he is wildly inaccurate and a turnover machine. Hes probably in the 10-12 range of QB's, closer to 15-16 of QB's you start a team with, but last year wasnt a top 100 year for him or Romo for that matter

Cythim

Reaction score
lol

Yeah. It was all defense and amazing catches by the receivers.

Oh, and luck too!!

Defense holding Brady, Moss, and Welker to 14 points had more to do with the win than Eli did.

sbk92

Reaction score
Also Rex Ryan/Tannenbaum paid Darrel Revis $60M because he has no impact

Who gives a shat what a GM paid? GMs make mistakes all the time. To put your faith in a single GMs decision is idiotic nonsense. Kinda like letting the 1st round breathe thing.

We've got two 1st round cornerbacks starting. They are both quality players. Yet our defense stinks.

The reason being cornerbacks do not impact defenses. We can draft five more and we won't improve at all.

Reaction score
Who gives a shat what a GM paid? GMs make mistakes all the time. To put your faith in a single GMs decision is idiotic nonsense. Kinda like letting the 1st round breathe thing.

We've got two 1st round cornerbacks starting. They are both quality players. Yet our defense stinks.

The reason being cornerbacks do not impact defenses. We can draft five more and we won't improve at all.

And whatever GM signs Nnamdi for $60M is completely misguided b/c Nnamdi is just as good as Jamar Wall. The entire league hasnt caught up to this brilliant theory of yours.

Youre confusing a good pass rush > A good secondary w/ CB's are all created equal.

Darrel Revis would cover those WR's in that Giants playoff game. You cant pick on him like you can a Jaque Reeves. Theres a CB having an impact you mung

Reaction score
Fukc this shit I know hes not serious and Im not getting sucked in.

Heres one. Youre starting a team from scratch and you grab Eli's name out of a hat to be your QB. Do you hang onto him or roll the dice(reach in the hat?) one more time?

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
hzU02.gif
Eli sure knows how to smoke our asses nearly everytime we play the Giants. Win or Lose.

sbk92

Reaction score
And whatever GM signs Nnamdi for $60M is completely misguided b/c Nnamdi is just as good as Jamar Wall. The entire league hasnt caught up to this brilliant theory of yours.

Youre confusing a good pass rush > A good secondary w/ CB's are all created equal.

Darrel Revis would cover those WR's in that Giants playoff game. You cant pick on him like you can a Jaque Reeves. Theres a CB having an impact you mung

I didn't say all corners are created equal. Read slower, Melvin.

What I said was corners do not impact a defense. They don't make the players around them better. When they are playing well, it's because their teammates have put them into that position.

So in this day and age of the cap and not having a steak at every position, why the F would I invest top dollar into a position that doesn't give any bang for that buck? It'd be idiotic. Just like drafting Terence Newman with a top 5 pick.

Reaction score
I didn't say all corners are created equal. Read slower, Melvin.

What I said was corners do not impact a defense. They don't make the players around them better. When they are playing well, it's because their teammates have put them into that position.

So in this day and age of the cap and not having a steak at every position, why the F would I invest top dollar into a position that doesn't give any bang for that buck? It'd be idiotic. Just like drafting Terence Newman with a top 5 pick.

Yet corners are routinely some of the most sought after players, most highly paid players, and are routinely drafted high in the first round.

You're the only person in the world that diminishes the importance of corners -- especially in a game nowadays that place such an emphasis on passing the football.

Why do you think that is?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
sbk is smarter than the rest of the league?

:awkward....

HAHAHHHAHHAHahahahahahahahhHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH he's ****ing retarded.

Top Bottom