Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
No, working hard and not realizing that we live in a society where sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to do for the good of that society is childish and selfish. Ignoring the less fortunate and declaring "I want to keep all my toys - fuck them!" is childish and selfish. Drawing a line in the sand between the haves and the have nots and declaring that you don't give two shits about 47% of the country is childish and selfish.

And America pissed all over that viewpoint on Tuesday. Go America.

The problem with that is, you NEED us in order to push your agenda.

We could do without you guys.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
You've made it clear that you're for government programs that benefit you. If you aren't making use of it - get rid of it and fuck anybody who was.

You do realize that my taxes that I pay are what builds those roads, right? They aren't free except to those who don't pay taxes. Yanno, kinda like welfare.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You've made it clear that you're for government programs that benefit you. If you aren't making use of it - get rid of it and fuck anybody who was.

I pay for roads to be built.

As soon as I get my flying car, I'll bitch about paying for roads too.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
It really is too bad that people who work for a living are outnumbered by people who vote for a living.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I pay for roads to be built.

As soon as I get my flying car, I'll bitch about paying for those too.

Oh please.

In your lifetime I'd be surprised if you paid enough in taxes to construct more than a few miles of highway infrastructure. Is that the only portion of the road you'd like to be able to use?

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Oh please.

In your lifetime I'd be surprised if you paid enough in taxes to construct more than a few miles of highway infrastructure. Is that the only portion of the road you'd like to be able to use?

lol

This is ignorant. Even for you.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Matt Taibbi wrote an amazing column on the tea party back in 2008 that really illustrates the kind of selfish disconnect from reality that republicans today find themselves in. He also predicted it being absorbed back into the Republican party (The rest of it — the sweeping cuts to federal spending, the clampdown on bailouts, the rollback of Roe v. Wade — will die on the vine as one Tea Party leader after another gets seduced by the Republican Party and retrained for the revolutionary cause of voting down taxes for Goldman Sachs executives.) But here's the important part that shows how fucking hypocritical your average "fiscal conservative" tea party republican is - basically everyone in this thread.

"I'm anti-spending and anti-government," crows David, as scooter-bound Janice looks on. "The welfare state is out of control."

"OK," I say. "And what do you do for a living?"

"Me?" he says proudly. "Oh, I'm a property appraiser. Have been my whole life."

I frown. "Are either of you on Medicare?"

Silence: Then Janice, a nice enough woman, it seems, slowly raises her hand, offering a faint smile, as if to say, You got me!

"Let me get this straight," I say to David. "You've been picking up a check from the government for decades, as a tax assessor, and your wife is on Medicare. How can you complain about the welfare state?"

"Well," he says, "there's a lot of people on welfare who don't deserve it. Too many people are living off the government."

"But," I protest, "you live off the government. And have been your whole life!"

"Yeah," he says, "but I don't make very much." Vast forests have already been sacrificed to the public debate about the Tea Party: what it is, what it means, where it's going. But after lengthy study of the phenomenon, I've concluded that the whole miserable narrative boils down to one stark fact: They're full of shit. All of them. At the voter level, the Tea Party is a movement that purports to be furious about government spending — only the reality is that the vast majority of its members are former Bush supporters who yawned through two terms of record deficits and spent the past two electoral cycles frothing not about spending but about John Kerry's medals and Barack Obama's Sixties associations. The average Tea Partier is sincerely against government spending — with the exception of the money spent on them. In fact, their lack of embarrassment when it comes to collecting government largesse is key to understanding what this movement is all about — and nowhere do we see that dynamic as clearly as here in Kentucky, where Rand Paul is barreling toward the Senate with the aid of conservative icons like Palin.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/matt-taibbi-on-the-tea-party-20100928#ixzz2Bf4TJB2R

Read more if you'd like to know how fucked up you are. (And you don't have to be on government assistance to be benefitting from govt. programs)

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Oh please.

lol

Seriously?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I stay home, how do your people eat and buy big screen TVs?

And there it is in a nutshell. You've got this fucktarded caricature of poor single moms sitting home and getting rich off welfare. Buying big tvs and spinners and smoking weed all day. They're using YOUR money to do this. gtfo here.

When you're that fucking disconnected from reality how do you expect to ever win anything?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
When you're that fucking disconnected from reality how do you expect to ever win anything?

jerry+jones+demotivational+poster.jpg

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol

Don't worry, we got this.

Right.

Keep legislating against anchor babies, rich welfare moms and gay marriage or whatever nonexistent bogeyman the republican party currently has you terrified of. That's working so well.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just remember, when we become two Americas, one conservative and one liberal, we'll see who was right.

You guys will starve to death trying to redistribute corn and chickens, while we're eating steak and counting Benjamins.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Oh please.

Wow.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just remember, when we become two Americas, one conservative and one liberal, we'll see who was right.

You guys will starve to death trying to redistribute corn and chickens, while we're eating steak and counting Benjamins.

Don't come crawling back when you realize you have no weed or interior decorators.

Top Bottom