cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
14 Dallas Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama CB
Reach/Value:+0
Height:6'2" Weight:192
Alternate Pick #1 Alfonzo Dennard
Alternate Pick #2 Janoris Jenkins
During the past 2 weeks, Dallas has selected Michael Brockers and David DeCastro in this slot . . . last week, Kirkpatrick's affinity for wacky weed caused him to drop. Numerous interviews, psycho-analysis and drug testing have convinced Cuzzin Jerruh that it is not a serious problem . . . at least, serious enough to override Dre's immense talent at a position of need. Along with speed, coverage skills and play-making ability, Kirkpatrick also brings size, tackling and run support, attributes not seen at the CB position in Dallas for some time . . . and it appears unlikely the Cowboys will go forward in 2012 with Terence Newman at the age of 34 with an $8 million price tag. Dallas was 23rd in the league in passing yards allowed and Pro Football Focus gave their pass coverage a negative 36.6. PFF ranked Mike Jenkins as their best CB (#40 overall), Alan Ball and Orlando Scandrick came in at #82 and #83 respectively, and Terence Newman ranked #97 . . . out of a total of 109 CB's!

45 Dallas Brandon Washington Miami (FL) OG
Reach/Value:-8
Height:6'4" Weight:320
Alternate Pick #1 Nick Perry
Alternate Pick #2 Markelle Martin
It is no secret that the interior of the Cowboys' OL kept Tony Romo on the run during 2011 - his escapability in the passing game and FB Tony Fiametta's blocking for DeMarco Murray in the running game masked the severity of the problem, but low conversion rates on 3rd or 4th and short don't lie. Brandon Washington played LOT for the Hurricanes, so his footwork in pass protection is solid; however, he also can play all 3 interior positions which makes him a valuable roster addition. The jury is still out on incumbent OC Phil Costa and back-up Kevin Kowalski (both UDFA's), starting OG Kyle Kosier's age and injury history makes him questionable, as does the other starting OG Montrae Holland's (UFA) weight issues. Back-up Derrick Dockery also has UFA status, David Arkin (last year's 4th round selection who the coaches say needs to get stronger?) and Bill Nagy (last year's 7th round selection) are left on the roster. Great picks at a position of need.

82 Dallas Kheeston Randall Texas DE
Reach/Value:+29
Height:6'5" Weight:298
Alternate Pick #1 Trumaine Johnson
Alternate Pick #2 Shaun Prater

113 Dallas Keenan Robinson Texas WILB
Reach/Value:+1
Height:6'3" Weight:239
Alternate Pick #1 Leonard Johnson
Alternate Pick #2 Brandon Lindsey

144 Dallas Nicolas Jean-Baptiste Baylor NT
Reach/Value:-21
Height:6'2" Weight:335
Alternate Pick #1 Brandon Lindsey
Alternate Pick #2 Shea McClellin

175 Dallas Ryan Steed Furman CB
Reach/Value:-20
Height:5'11" Weight:190
Alternate Pick #1 Olivier Vernon
Alternate Pick #2 Jack Crawford

6 rounds only

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ehh...reminds me of all those Zone mocks with way too many Texas school products.

Same players available I'd go:

14 David DeCastro Stanford G (went 18th)
45 Nick Perry USC OLB (went 46th)
82 Mike Brewster Ohio State C (went 86th)
113 Brock Osweiler Arizona State QB (went 114th)
144 Joe Adams Arkansas WR (went 151st) Ha!
175 Janzen Jackson McNeese State CB/S (not drafted)

Hopefully Secondary was heavily addressed in Free Agency.

C

Cr122

ehh...reminds me of all those Zone mocks with way too many Texas school products.

I'd Love that draft.

Wait, Perry isn't a second rounder!! Right Midswat?

Reaction score
Perry is absolutely not a 2nd rounder. He may not be available when we pick at 14 and if he is, I'd give serious consideration to taking him.

Reaction score
If Leonard Johnson is there until the 4th round we should take him in a second. That'd be a steal. Not sure how accurate these guys are to have him going in the 4th round.

ThreeSportStar80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When will people get it through their heads Dallas will not draft a guard in the 1st round... I believe it will be pass rusher or cornerback.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When will people get it through their heads Dallas will not draft a guard in the 1st round... I believe it will be pass rusher or cornerback.

So you're criticizing people for their BELIEFS? Hmmm... how about we do this:

When will people get it through their heads Dallas will not draft a pass rusher OR cornerback in the 1st round... I BELIEVE it will be a GUARD.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

scratch Brewster, soon

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

yeah yeah...last year we heard they'd never draft an OL in the first because Jerry had never done it before

If Decastro is there and he's the BPA, he'll be a good bet to be the pick

Also, its well known they were going to draft Mike Iupati two years ago if they would have gotten the chance

ThreeSportStar80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
yeah yeah...last year we heard they'd never draft an OL in the first because Jerry had never done it before

Also, its well known they were going to draft Mike Iupati two years ago if they would have gotten the chance

Just wait and see buddy....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Brewster looked like a hot mess at the Senior Bowl. I think we have to grab a C such as Ben Jones or Pete Konz earlier to fix our C woes. Or sign a vet.

I'm a UGA guy and he's a decent player, but Jones has alot of the same kinds of plays Costa and Clay Shiver have. He isnt very physical and can get pushed back by stronger, larger DT's. It happened several times in the first half of the Senior Bowl.

I think there's a huge drop off from Konz to the other C's available.

Reaction score

And now that we've taken an OL last year you really think the odds are better that we'll take another OL first this year? I hope we do if Decastro is still on the board, but the odds we'll have gone over 25 without taking OL in round one and then do it two years in a row is not likely.

Also, the fact the emphasis seems to be on the secondary and pass rush makes it just that much more unlikely Jerry will take another OL in round one this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And now that we've taken an OL last year you really think the odds are better that we'll take another OL first this year? I hope we do if Decastro is still on the board, but the odds we'll have gone over 25 without taking OL in round one and then do it two years in a row is not likely.

Also, the fact the emphasis seems to be on the secondary and pass rush makes it just that much more unlikely Jerry will take another OL in round one this year.

We'll see, the bottom line is regardless of what position they pick we just need to make sure its a good player. We need enough help at several positions that as long as its a good player, we'll be better because of it.

Obviously if they signed somebody like Carl Nicks, that would lessen the chance the first pick in the draft would be an OL. But you never know. they seem to be trying to honor their draft board the last couple years, and thats a good thing.

Top Bottom