Reaction score
I remember Bob Lilly in an interview talking about how the team surgeon said he'd actually see a difference in the players' bones when he had to do a procedure early in camp vs later in the year -- they actually had thicker bones later on as the body adapted to the stress of hitting and playing.

That's a great story.

Maybe the "getting into football shape" thing isn't a myth.

Media types today often act as if it is a myth .... saying that today's football players stay in shape year round and so don't need old school training camps. Who knows?

... or I guess it is possible that Lily's bone density would have remained high had he lived in the weight room during the off season.

Either way, it is a great story.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But on the bright side, rocky's head coach dies...
Gawd if only we could have this. Both Jason and Jerruh, same plane crash or car crash or something.

Post of the Year nomination by the way.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dez was tackled by another player. If he pulled a muscle or guys were getting all these soft tissue injuries, you could have a point. Romo got his fucking shoulder driving into the ground. How the hell does that have anything to do with a soft training camp? Witten had a soft camp? Give me a fucking break. The entire team could be coasting, Jason Witten is going full throttle.
Dude, there's no arguing Midswat's prediction turned out to be correct, in spades. It really doesn't matter his reasoning.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Rocky wasn’t soft. He was too slow. They had to work on his speed. He also fought with a heavy heart.
Dude he was WAY soft and out of shape. Did you miss the whole sequence of him living the good life doing commercials, muppet shows and balling Adrian? Then his camp cupcake right before the fight with Clubber? That was the whole point of the movie, Rocky's success killed his 'Eye of the Tiger" and he was definitely soft.

Reaction score
Dude he was WAY soft and out of shape. Did you miss the whole sequence of him living the good life doing commercials, muppet shows and balling Adrian? Then his camp cupcake right before the fight with Clubber? That was the whole point of the movie, Rocky's success killed his 'Eye of the Tiger" and he was definitely soft.

haha, i don’t know, haven’t seen that damn movie in awhile. I just remember him being too slow.

Reaction score
Dude, there's no arguing Midswat's prediction turned out to be correct, in spades. It really doesn't matter his reasoning.

There is always someone who predicts a season of injuries. Eventually it happens. This is our year of them. Reminds me of the Green Bay SB season...we shall see.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just remember him being too slow.
He was too slow by Apollo's standards. It's not like a guy named "Clubber" is speedy, and he wasn't. What got Balboa the KO was reverting to old-style Rocky after he got angry. Apollo's plan was to wear Clubber down and take him into deep water, later rounds. That plan quickly went out the window when Rocky realized he now had a huge cardio advantage over the slug. End of round two:

Clubber: Man you crazy!
Rocky: I ain't breathin hard.

Jimmy Johnson: Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

There is always someone who predicts a season of injuries.
There's always someone who predicts 13-3 too. So what.

Reaction score
He was too slow by Apollo's standards. It's not like a guy named "Clubber" is speedy, and he wasn't. What got Balboa the KO was reverting to old-style Rocky after he got angry. Apollo's plan was to wear Clubber down and take him into deep water, later rounds. That plan quickly went out the window when Rocky realized he now had a huge cardio advantage over the slug. End of round two:

Clubber: Man you crazy!
Rocky: I ain't breathin hard.

Jimmy Johnson: Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

There's always someone who predicts 13-3 too. So what.

The whole premise of Middy is the Cowboys had a soft camp, therefore all the injuries.

First of all, i don’t know how anyone could connect the two. I don’t see how a defender pile driving Romo’s shoulder into the ground breaking his collar bone into the ground means Romo had a soft camp. That’s ridiculous and moronic.

NFL camps can’t be as physical as they used to be because of the rules, but his premise is that the Cowboys are softer than other teams. I don’t see that.

I think the better measure of a team being soft is how they play the actual games. Are the Cowboys being blow off the ball? No, they are blowing teams off the ball. Are the Cowboys being dominated in the games? No, the Cowboys are dominating and if it wasn’t for all the turnovers and penalties, the games wouldn’t have been as close.

His prediction is correct but it’s based on a false premise. Cowboys have injuries because it’s tackle football.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
yeah, if we were ravaged by hammy injuries, I could buy the "soft camp" theory, but this is more like bad luck.

Reaction score
Yeah just a coincidence and bad luck.

Not at all because we did very little to expose players to physical contact and proper conditioning before camp.

Were just super duper unlucky gosh darn it.

:eek:k

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo got hurt despite being in-shape and a full participant in training camp, so ....

As for Dez, the dehydration thing can be blamed on Camp Softy, but not the foot problem. Non-contact injuries happen all the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only a true fucktard would think broken bones are somehow the product of a "soft" camp

Reaction score
How to make the forum better in one easy step:

Today, 10:20 PM
dbair1967
Hall of Famer
This message is hidden because dbair1967 is on your ignore list.
View Post.
Remove user from ignore list

I bet I missed either a hilarious joke or a "FAIL" post.

Darn.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well here is one good piece of news

Dez was seen around the Cowboys locker room TODAY just nine days after surgery walking around barefoot without any type of brace or boot for support.

Here is a clip from the report

"But with Bryant already walking around and appearing to be comfortable without any type of bracing, the star wideout might be back much sooner than some anticipated."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How to make the forum better in one easy step:

I bet I missed either a hilarious joke or a "FAIL" post.

Darn.

Nah, was just referring to how fucking stupid the idea of a "soft" camp contributed to guys breaking bones or severely spraining a toe bad enough that it requires surgery.

In other words, you're a dumbass

Top Bottom