Reaction score
Honestly there should be absolutely zero reason for Norman to be on Dez at all. Norman only plays one side of the field. That's why he's catching so much heat for what happened against Pittsburgh. They realized that Norman was only playing one side so they put Antonio Brown everywhere else except on Norman. Imagine that, their coaches saw a way to create a mismatch and the exploited it. I wonder what that's like.
There was some outcry this week to have Norman follow Dez around unlike what they did with Brown. If he does that, I fully expect the offense to just have Dez stay where he's lined up and let Norman take him out of the game. Asking these guys to get creative with things, like putting Dez in motion, is just asking too much.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As far as Dez getting the ball, it's probably better if they don't put Norman on him. If they don't, he'll surely be doubled on the other side and we know what that means -- instant move to the next read.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
After Brown, ODB and Jones, then who, if not Dez? AJ Green... then I'd put Dez in there. There are some young guys coming up like Cooper, Hopkins, and Evans, but I wouldn't put them in the Top 5 yet.

This is all about what have you done for me lately. If he had caught that TD last week, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

If he would have caught the TD at Lambo in 2014 this wouldn't be a conversation in the first place

The reason he's dropped off the holy pedestal is because he makes these "almost" catches just about as often as he makes a real catch. I can remember four juggling bumbling catches off the top of my head that were reviewed. 3 overturned and 1 called a catch

If his dumb ass would secure the ball in the first place this shit wouldn't be a thing

Last edited:
Reaction score
After Brown, ODB and Jones, then who, if not Dez? AJ Green... then I'd put Dez in there. There are some young guys coming up like Cooper, Hopkins, and Evans, but I wouldn't put them in the Top 5 yet.

This is all about what have you done for me lately. If he had caught that TD last week, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

Since getting paid Dez has caught less than 45% of the passes thrown his way which ranks outside the top 200. He has averaged less than 13 yards per catch which ranks outside the top 50. He has average less than 45 yards per game which ranks outside the top 60. He also only averages scoring a TD once per 3 games since he got paid.

Dez isn't even close to top 10 right now. The Cowboys are not getting much bang for the buck.

Reaction score
If he would have caught the TD at Lambo in 2014 this wouldn't be a conversation in the first place

The reason he's dropped off the holy pedestal is because he makes these "almost" catches just about as often as he makes a real catch. I can remember four juggling bumbling catches off the top of my head that were reviewed. 3 overturned and 1 called a catch

If his dumb ass would secure the ball in the first place this shit wouldn't be a thing
The plays you're talking about are all-world WR plays he's "almost" making. 95% of NFL WRs don't even "almost" catch it.

Reaction score
Since getting paid Dez has caught less than 45% of the passes thrown his way which ranks outside the top 200. He has averaged less than 13 yards per catch which ranks outside the top 50. He has average less than 45 yards per game which ranks outside the top 60. He also only averages scoring a TD once per 3 games since he got paid.

Dez isn't even close to top 10 right now. The Cowboys are not getting much bang for the buck.
Wait, you mean he's catching less than 45% of the passes thrown his way from Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassell, Kellen Moore, and Dak Prescott? No wai?!?!?!

Reaction score
Except, never made any such suggestion.
You absolutely did.

EDIT: Oops... My bad. You didn't claim Nicks was better than Dez. You claimed Percy Harvin was. And you had Nicks two spots below him. LOL

Here's my top ten current WRs:

1. Johnson. hands down.
2. Julio Jones
3. Fitzgerald
4. Green
5. Harvin
6. Marshall
7. Thomas
8. Bryant
9. Nelson
10. Nicks

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The plays you're talking about are all-world WR plays he's "almost" making. 95% of NFL WRs don't even "almost" catch it.

I call bullshit

The catches he's juggling and not actually catching are not some magical pass that only Dez should be able to catch. If he can get his hands on it he should come up with the ball. Period. That's what he gets paid the big bucks for! He's a WR, his job is to catch the fucking ball! Not just the pretty spirals thrown perfectly where he wants him. His job is to catch any pass that he can get his hands on regardless of which QB throws the ball to him. He doesn't get paid to catch balls only from the starting QB, he gets paid to catch the ball from any QB that throws it to him. He is ( or at least was) considered elite, he should be catching the difficult passes.

And he is getting paid in the top 95%, therefore he should be performing as such. He is not and has not since getting his new contract!

I get it, he's a competitor and wants to win, blah blah blah. But he needs to secure the ball first and foremost before trying to make a play after the catch. Until he secures the ball it's not actually a catch. Securing the ball is fundamental and where he is lacking. Not to mention his tendency to look for a flag. Fuck that, he needs to stop being a pussy, secure the ball, and leave no doubt that it was a catch instead of looking to the refs to save his ass. See the Bucks game in the end zone last season where he gave up on the catch because he thought he was fouled. Had he of shown some balls and fought for the ball it would have been a TD and we win that game.

He also needs to stop his his hissy fits. He lets the other teams corners get in his head. See Josh Norman totally taking him out of a play last year where Dez actually stops in the middle of the play to talk shit.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dez, I own his jersey, I want him to blow up the opposing teams corners. I want him to be the Dez we all know he can be, the Dez he was in his contract year. We may see a flash of what he "could be" here and there. But he is not consistent since getting paid! He needs to grow the fuck up, step up and be a leader.

I miss the old days of real football when all that mattered was who had the ball at the end of the play. When they pulled everyone off the pile whoever had the ball in their hands ultimately had possession. It didn't matter how many times the ball changed hands in the pile, or who pinched, bit, eye gouged, poked, kicked, or scratched to get the receiver to drop the ball. If you were man enough to end up with the ball at the end then you got possession. Nice and simple. That's when men were men and football was still pure smash mouth football.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

If he's going to hoot and holler and "throw up the X" and make this big ass spectacle of himself and act a fool on the sideline then those are the plays that are expected of him. Mike Irvin did all those things too but you know what, Mike made plays when it counted.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
6ce6d1c2993c2e76c49b6ca4d6a2ca27.jpg

The last five performances by Dez

Enough said

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You absolutely did.

EDIT: Oops... My bad. You didn't claim Nicks was better than Dez. You claimed Percy Harvin was. And you had Nicks two spots below him. LOL

Nothing wrong with any of that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And Dez gets his first 100 yard game in a year

Imagine that. It's about time. Now if he can string together another 14 of those he might get himself in the discussion of top receivers in the league.

It would help if he could catch TD's as well

Reaction score
And Dez gets his first 100 yard game in a year

Imagine that. It's about time. Now if he can string together another 14 of those he might get himself in the discussion of top receivers in the league.

It would help if he could catch TD's as well
thats what happens when he gets targets. Imagine that.

Reaction score
If he's going to hoot and holler and "throw up the X" and make this big ass spectacle of himself and act a fool on the sideline then those are the plays that are expected of him. Mike Irvin did all those things too but you know what, Mike made plays when it counted.
Dez is better than Irvin ever was.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
meh. all he proved was that he can beat the opponent's second best corner.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez is better than Irvin ever was.

That's a story that has yet to be told! History will finish that tale

They didn't call Irvin "the playmaker" for nothing!!!! He came up with the big catch when it mattered. (Other than in 1994 championship game against Sanders)

Dez might be bigger, faster, stronger, or what have you. But if you can't catch the fucking ball when it's thrown to you who gives a shit. You aren't helping the team win and that's all that matters

Michael Irvin helped his team win. It's that simple

Last edited:
Top Bottom