Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
FWIW, many Carolina players and even their HC IIRC made a lot of positive statements about Hardy being a great teammate and an extremely hard worker.

I never trust that shit.

All of our Olinemen were saying that they weren't eating the cheese this offseason and limped out of the gate.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The arrow was pointing up. Better?

perhaps, they've been on a nice roll since the last 4 games of last season, whether thats because they got rid of Hardy, I don't know. Seems like they'd be even better with Hardy, I thought their weakness was their pass rush?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And anyways, there's an NFL fight vid on youtube that I saw some time before we signed Hardy where they show a clip of him yelling at Atlanta players to get, 'the fuck off the field' and the like after. Just watching that and seeing that much classlessness in a player shows that the dude is not a leader; he's simply a bully. Reinforced by him getting in the faces of coach(es) and players while here.

Plus weren't there some reports from Carolina saying that he appeared angry/moody all the time?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
perhaps, they've been on a nice roll since the last 4 games of last season, whether thats because they got rid of Hardy, I don't know. Seems like they'd be even better with Hardy, I thought their weakness was their pass rush?

He's been gold here has he? We couldn't get near Russell Wilson who had been sacked a league leading 32 times entering our game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's been gold here has he? We couldn't get near Russell Wilson who had been sacked a league leading 32 times entering our game.

Didnt say that, don't be so sensitive, if you don't like Hardy, fine with me, just say it, you don't have to reach for things to criticize the team this year, the list is long and growing

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm all for players with attitude if they produce on the field. McClain hasn't been producing except maybe this last game. Hardy started off on fire and has done nothing of late.

As of now, I wouldn't bring either play back next year.

At the same time, you need to have defensive players who play with a chip on their shoulder. Nice guys on defense will get you beat.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Didnt say that, don't be so sensitive, if you don't like Hardy, fine with me, just say it, you don't have to reach for things to criticize the team this year, the list is long and growing

I'm just explaining how I don't see how much more help he would be to Carolina.

BTW, I thought he would help us out more than what we've been getting the past 2 games from him. So I too fell for the Hardy hype.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm all for players with attitude if they produce on the field. McClain hasn't been producing except maybe this last game. Hardy started off on fire and has done nothing of late.

As of now, I wouldn't bring either play back next year.

At the same time, you need to have defensive players who play with a chip on their shoulder. Nice guys on defense will get you beat.

But with his history of unprofessionalism and how he milked practices all of last year; you should have had seen him falling off sooner rather than later.

I was hoping Dallas would have just thanked him for last year and let him move on. That they should have counted themselves lucky to have gotten at least one good year out of him. Instead Jerry and Co thought they had reached a breakthrough with him even though the signs for this coming year for him were there for all to see.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But with his history of unprofessionalism and how he milked practices all of last year; you should have had seen him falling off sooner rather than later.

I was hoping Dallas would have just thanked him for last year and let him move on. That they should have counted themselves lucky to have gotten at least one good year out of him. Instead Jerry and Co thought they had reached a breakthrough with him even though the signs for this coming year for him were there for all to see.

I can see that and that is probably how they should approach from now on. Garrett is just talk and nowhere near strong enough to manage these harsh personalities.

There's a reason the Hardy's, McClain's, Pacman's, TO's, etc. of the NFL are available to us. Despite their significant talents, they blew previous opportunities.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
One more thing about Ro and I'll let it go. But nothing was more pointed with him than during the 2nd Eagles' game when Sean Lee went down and Collinsworth of all people called him out on the air and said that he needed to step up. He did nothing.

We all should have seen that coming.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm just explaining how I don't see how much more help he would be to Carolina.

BTW, I thought he would help us out more than what we've been getting the past 2 games from him. So I too fell for the Hardy hype.

gotcha

I fell for it too, especially after the fast start against the Pats and then he got Cowboy'd and disappeared.

I wish I had the time & discipline to create a list of the number of times where one of our "stud" players was set to be matched up against some rookie, injured or "bad" player and then did absolutely nothing, it seems to happen all the time.

The hype train surrounding Dallas consistently over-rates the players on this team and it seems to happen game after game, year after year.

Or the staff finds a way to make them ineffective

probably both

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I never trust that shit.

All of our Olinemen were saying that they weren't eating the cheese this offseason and limped out of the gate.

All of them except Frederick had some sort of injury thing going on too though

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ESPN Dallas had some old Carolina teammate on over the summer who basically said Hardy was a good teammate at times but at other times was off by himself and you didn't know WTF he was thinking or doing. The part about him being some model worker and teammate 24/7 was DC.com spin.

Top Bottom