C

Cr122

Michael Vick: Eagles no 'dream team'
Updated: October 5, 2011, 2:31 PM ET
Michael Vick: Eagles no 'dream team'
ESPN.com news services

Quarterback Michael Vick said Wednesday that the "dream team" label no longer applies to the Philadelphia Eagles.

"The dream team ... that word is dead now," Vick said. "Can't talk dream team anymore. Maybe it put pressure on some players, maybe it didn't, but I think just the fact that it was lingering around and people were talking about it creates a sense of pressure.

"So it's over with. We're just one of the teams that's got to scratch and claw from the bottom."

The comments Vick made Wednesday echoed those he made Tuesday to the team's official website.

"The dream team thing is over. Now we just have to forget about everything that's happened and take it one game at a time. That's what I've sensed in the locker room. I sense change. Nobody's happy about this," Vick told PhiladelphiaEagles.com.

Backup quarterback Vince Young had dubbed the 2011 Eagles the "dream team" after Philadelphia collected a bevy of stars -- including cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, defensive end Jason Babin, defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins and Young -- in a frenzied offseason splurge.

But the Eagles have dropped three consecutive games, blowing fourth-quarter leads in each, and at 1-3 sit in last place in the NFC East.

In their Week 4 loss at home to the San Francisco 49ers, the Eagles squandered a 20-point lead.

The Eagles visit Buffalo Sunday to face the Bills, who at 3-1 are tied for the AFC East lead.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who would've though.. the Eagles have all that money locked up in pass rushers and top tier CB's.. and they've allowed the most passing TD's in the NFL so far. Crazy.

says that maybe some of that "talent" is overrated

also shows Reid isnt such a genius afterall, naming an OL coach as DC

Reaction score
Plaxico Burress wants to play for the Eagles

2/9/2012 6:27:59 AM | More

New York Jets Wide receiver Plaxico Burress wants to come to the Eagles, according to Howard Eskin of NBC 10 in Philadelphia.

Eskin tweeted: Saw and talked to Plaxico Burress at Super Bowl and told me he wants to play for Eagles. Badly!

“I do believe the Eagles will take a hard look at signing Plaxico Burress,” said Eskin.

C

Cr122

Would the Eagles keep Jackson and sign Burress?

Plus they have Maclin. It has become a passing league so I guess it's a possibility. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Plaxico Burress wants to play for the Eagles

2/9/2012 6:27:59 AM | More

New York Jets Wide receiver Plaxico Burress wants to come to the Eagles, according to Howard Eskin of NBC 10 in Philadelphia.

Eskin tweeted: Saw and talked to Plaxico Burress at Super Bowl and told me he wants to play for Eagles. Badly!

“I do believe the Eagles will take a hard look at signing Plaxico Burress,” said Eskin.

I hope they sign him and let DeSean go but we know that aint happening

Top Bottom