Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Which is why I said yes and no. His aggressive (reckless? ) style literally makes him prone to injury. Thus, the yes.

But we (the football society) have associated the term "injury prone" as someone who is soft or fragile. Dez is neither of those things. Thus, the no.

Injury prone by definition means often sustaining injuries. The reason for the often sustained injuries is irrelevant.

I associate injury prone with being injured often and missing games. Broken foot (twice) and hammy last season, then a concussion and fractured knee or whatever it turns out to really be this season

Shit happens, its football. I get that. But two breaks last year and a fracture this year along with his past injuries shows that he is injury prone. Is it his fault he gets injured? I would tend to agree with you that it often is. But that doesn't negate the fact that he has been injured a lot since his contract extension

I mean look at Carr for gods sake. That fucker hasn't missed a game.(not that that is a good thing in his case lol)

0b7de935944be22c82e7079bcc9b220b.jpg

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Again, you are either coaching it that way or you are allowing it to happen.
And to be fair, it's not so much the opponents taking Dez out of games as it is Dez taking Dez out of games, because he lets opponents get in his head far too easily. Has too strong of a drive to win the trash talk battle not the football game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Coaching is a factor. Is he being coached up to run sharper routes or is the staff scared of him and is letting Dez be Dez?

What about the route combinations? Are we running route combos that make sure Dez is getting the best opportunity to beat coverage? Are the coaches and QB seeing the coverage correctly? Are we running man-beaters? zone-beaters? Are you taking advantage of teams bracketing Dez?

A lot of it is coaching.

Again, you are either coaching it that way or you are allowing it to happen.

Did you see the Cinci/Miami game last night and all the different routes AJ Green ran (& caught passes)?

It left me thinking either Dez isn't in that class and/or the coaching is woefully inferior/stupid/stubborn

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not 'went to sleep' just decided not to take Dez out as a main defensive philosophy.

You of course aren't in any way trying to counter the facts of what I said - opponents can and do pretty much, make Dez disappear when they want. It's not speculation, it's observed fact.

Then why does he have all those tds catches and yards? If it so easy to do and they can do it whenever they want, why not do it every game and every play?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It left me thinking either Dez isn't in that class and/or the coaching is woefully inferior/stupid/stubborn

Pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain which of those two statements is correct.

Scot has about a 20% brain however, so perhaps it isn't obvious to him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For you idiots who think Dez is "still" a top 5 WR please see the stat line for the ATL/CAR game where Julio Jones has 7 catches for 170 yards by halftime!!

That's what an elite top 5 WR looks like

For comparisons sake Dez' best whole game is 6 for 114

Last edited:

Iamtdg

Reaction score
For you idiots who think Dez is still a top 5 WR please see the stat line for the ATL/CAR game where Julio Jones has 7 catches for 170 yards before the half!!

That's what an elite top 5 WR looks like and STFU about Dez being top 5 WR

And, 2 weeks ago, Antonio Bryant has like 35 yards. Even elite WRs have off games.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
While I agree with you that a WR can have off games it happens too often to Dez for Him to be considered a top WR

This season Antonio Bryant also had 12 for 140 vs PHI and 8 for 126 vs WASH (both of those games are better than Dez career best of 6 for 114)

When do you ever see Antonio Bryant get taken out of a game and only have one single catch all game?

Dez stats this season
vs NYG 1 for 8
vs WASH 7 for 102
vs CHI 3 for 40

So what you are saying is that 2 of the 3 games this season were "off games" for Dez?

That is not a top 5 WR
Julio Jones has more yards in 30 minutes of football than Dez has in 3 entire games

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dez is a top 5 talent.

But he plays for a bad coaching staff who can't scheme him the ball.

Look at his highlights... its always circus catches in traffic. Put Julio Jones here and Garrett wouldn't know what to do with him either.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez is a top 5 talent.

But he plays for a bad coaching staff who can't scheme him the ball.

Look at his highlights... its always circus catches in traffic. Put Julio Jones here and Garrett wouldn't know what to do with him either.

I can agree that he "was" a top 5 talent before signing his contract

Dez has been and can be a top WR. My point is that since he signed his contract he has not performed like a top WR. But I call BS on the coaching excuse because his coaching situation hasn't changed since he signed his contract

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I guess its probable that the pen stroke needed to sign his name robbed him of his natural talent. I see your point. Carry on.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For comparison sake let's look at what a top WR stats looks like

Dez 11 catches for 150 on the season

Julio Jones went 12 for 300 in one fucking game today (Dez best game is 114)

Dez had 32 catches for 401 yards all last season

everyone can just shut the fuck up about Dez being a top 5 WR still

Yeah yeah, he was injured last season, blah blah, he was never the same, excuse excuse, it's the coaching, blah blah, he didn't have Romo throwing to him, excuse excuse fucking excuse blah blah blah STFU

How bout Dez ain't the motherfucker you thought he was

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't hate him

I just expect him to play like a top 5 WR and like someone who is getting paid $70 mil

My bad if I expect a bitch to perform up to expectations and Not throw hissy fits on the sideline, not to miss up to 40 meetings in the last two seasons, not to act like a bitch because his injury "might" be worse than he thought, not to miss schedule MRI's, and that I actually expect our top WR to show up every fucking game AND not to have 1 fucking catch for 8 yards in a single game

I don't give him a pass for his vagina bleeding once a month like everyone else seems to

That's what I expect for $70 mil

By the way Dez is ranked 64th in the league (not top five, or ten, or even top 50) while Beasley is ranked 24th so don't give me this excuse that its because he doesn't have Romo throwing to him

Beasley was ranked top 5 going into game four by the way. Just for comparisons sake of course

Last edited:
Top Bottom