dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett apparently getting lit up by Dallas media over revealing Dez info to SF media first

Anyone listening to all that know the whole story? Just looking at stuff posted at CZ

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nathan Wood ‎@itsnatewood

Maybe one of the most awkward Garrett pressers I've heard in a long time...

11:48 AM - 29 Sep 2016

Jeff Cavanaugh
✔ ‎@JC1053

DFW media is so mad at Garrett for giving the news to SF media. They're fired up lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh ‏@JC1053 4m4 minutes ago

"Dez Bryant missed an MRI and a treatment on Monday. He missed a team meeting on Tuesday, and he was not at a meeting Wednesday" - Garrett
"He suspected that it was a serious injury. He really thought he was gonna get bad news, so he avoided it" - Garrett on Dez.

David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 4m4 minutes ago Frisco, TX
Garrett says Dez was fearful the MRI was going to have some bad news, so he avoided it. Was worried the news would be worse than what it was

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 4m4 minutes ago
Garrett: Dez Bryant got info Sunday night that it might be serious injury, so avoided MRI initially. Dez thought results were gonna be worse
Jason Garrett on Dez Bryant: "He's a very, very passionate person. He's an emotional person. He didn't handle it the right way."

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 3m3 minutes ago Frisco, TX
Garrett said Dez Bryant didn't handle it the right way. It has been addressed. And the Cowboys are moving on
Garrett said the Cowboys do not anticipate Bryant practicing today. He does feel better and they will how he feels tomorrow

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
HAPPY HOLLEYDAY
✔ ‎@Mr4thAndLong

Media pulling NOOOOOOO punches with JG today. They (WE) still a lil butt hurt about letting the 9ers media know info 1st ��grrrr

11:49 AM - 29 Sep 2016

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This has ALL the makings of last seasons failures. 4-12
Romo out with a broken bone (check)
Dez out with a broken bone (check)
Our second string QB can't play (check) (also for a broken bone)
We are starting our third string QB (check)
Multiple Defensive players out due to drug suspension and or injuries (check check check)

BUT...............
This season feels nothing like last season. There isn't that sense of impending doom like the season is over before it even gets started.

We have hope without Romo. Hell we can see our future in his replacement.

Dez is out but so what, he is a non factor in 9 out of 10 games anyway. Time for Brice Butler to do the job we got him for.

We KNOW T Willy ain't gonna do shit in Dez' absence so Brice has the opportunity to shine and possibly replace t Willy as the #2 when Dez comes back

We now have a potent running game to help our offense out and our defense by keeping them off the field

Although on paper we look just as fucked as we did this time last season, the situation could not be more different!

This season there isn't that feeling that all hope is lost. Instead there is a sense of hope for the future.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With you except for the Dez comment. Its ridiculous to say that he is a non factor in 90% of games. Beyond retarded man.

Even Jason Garrett isn't that stupid. hell even Drunk Jerruh might not be that stupid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dez lives in a different world. Staying away from medical staff, missing meetings, etc. essentially because he's such an emotional guy. He has a lot of heart.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bob Sturm
✔ ‎@SportsSturm

Garrett is so bad at press conferences. So bad.
What is Bob talking about? That's one of his great strengths, that he handles the media like a maestro. [/hosidgit]

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With except for the Dez comment. Its ridiculous to say that he is a non factor in 90% of games. Beyond retarded man.

Even Jason Garrett isn't that stupid. hell even Drunk Jerruh might not be that stupid.

Would Dez being a non factor in 8 out of 10 games make you feel better as opposed to the 9 out of 10 games that he is a non factor?

I'm referring to his performance since he received his $70 mil. Before his contract he was a baller. No question. But since his contract he disappears more often than not. And that is completely unacceptable from our #1 WR who "was" considered a top five WR. I say "was" because he can no longer be considered elite because he hasn't performed up to that level since getting paid

Since getting paid he has played in 11 games, made 42 catches and 4 TD's. That equates to under 4 catches a game and one TD every 3 games!

Nowhere near elite numbers, nowhere near good enough

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agree, but you have to give some discount, he had Matt Cassel and B Weeden throwing balls to him, and now we have a rookie QB playing into a conservative playbook, I prefer to give him some time.

Reaction score
Agree, but you have to give some discount, he had Matt Cassel and B Weeden throwing balls to him, and now we have a rookie QB playing into a conservative playbook, I prefer to give him some time.

Plus he plays in a vanilla, uncreative offensive scheme where the coaches struggle to find ways to get him the ball outside of go-routes or low percentage jump balls.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He didn't do shit when tony was throwing to him either

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin on the guy. He's one of my favorite players. I even have his jersey.

But he's shown me nothing since he signed his contract. We paid him the big money, now he needs to perform at the level we paid him

He's simply not done that since getting paid

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Before his contract he was a baller. No question. But since his contract he disappears more often than not.
Opponents pretty much could make him disappear at will, before he got his new deal. Not just after. This has always been a problem, it's nothing new.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would Dez being a non factor in 8 out of 10 games make you feel better as opposed to the 9 out of 10 games that he is a non factor?

I'm referring to his performance since he received his $70 mil. Before his contract he was a baller. No question. But since his contract he disappears more often than not. And that is completely unacceptable from our #1 WR who "was" considered a top five WR. I say "was" because he can no longer be considered elite because he hasn't performed up to that level since getting paid

Since getting paid he has played in 11 games, made 42 catches and 4 TD's. That equates to under 4 catches a game and one TD every 3 games!

Nowhere near elite numbers, nowhere near good enough

He got hurt fool. Broken fucking foot, remember?

JFC man.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He didn't do shit when tony was throwing to him either

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin on the guy. He's one of my favorite players. I even have his jersey.

But he's shown me nothing since he signed his contract. We paid him the big money, now he needs to perform at the level we paid him

He's simply not done that since getting paid

Major ****** level stuff here dude. CZ is probably holding a spot for you with this kind of genius stuff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Opponents pretty much could make him disappear at will, before he got his new deal. Not just after. This has always been a problem, it's nothing new.

Its only when the opponents went to sleep that he scored those 60 tds I guess. Or caught 80-90 balls for 1200-1400 yds or whatever.

Top Bottom