dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its Hill owning Florio

Clarence Hill ✔ @clarencehilljr

@ProFootballTalk if Dez did it then he gets what he deserves. Until there is proof of that then this is muckraking

ProFootballTalk ✔ @ProFootballTalk
Follow
@clarencehilljr . . . So how do we find out if he did it? Who pushes this when police drop the ball?

9:43 AM - 26 Feb 2015

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This= major story

Big Ben raping girls= non issue
That's why I think the video is everything. If there's no video of this, no matter how bad it actually was, nothing will come of it. If there is, it could be bad even if the video is lousy quality. Without that vid of Ray Rice, he'd have stayed at two or four games or whatever and that would've been the end of it.

Because there was, we had to see a jillion "No More" ads. :mad

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL

Clarence Hill ✔ @clarencehilljr

@ProFootballTalk you push it by getting the evidence like we do in any investigative reports. Not public rumor mongering and speculation

ProFootballTalk ✔ @ProFootballTalk
Follow
@clarencehilljr . . . So why weren't you doing that? You're in the Dallas area. You cover the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's why I think the video is everything. If there's no video of this, no matter how bad it actually was, nothing will come of it. If there is, it could be bad even if the video is lousy quality. Without that vid of Ray Rice, he'd have stayed at two or four games or whatever and that would've been the end of it.

Because there was, we had to see a jillion "No More" ads. :mad

If there was really something to it, law enforcement probably would have been a lot more involved wouldn't you think?

I mean if he dragged the girl across the parking lot and beat the living hell out of her, the office would have noted that and questioned what happened don't you think?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If he beat the living hell out of her, yes.

I do think you're naive if you think police never look the other way when it comes to superstar players in their hometown, though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL

Now that other dirtbag is saying the video has nothing to do with the Wal Mart incident, even though he originally said it was.

LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he beat the living hell out of her, yes.

I do think you're naive if you think police never look the other way when it comes to superstar players in their hometown, though.

Probably happens some, but when you take into account what all those liars and losers said happened and how bad this was, there's no way anyone would completely disregard all that.

Florio's site is lower quality than the National Enquirer...how NBC and Peter King can continue to associate with something that fucking awful is beyond me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL....fucking hilarious

Jaywan Inc. @JaywanInc
Follow
The question is how many video incidents involving Dez Bryant are going to surface now that its known there is a market for the initial one?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
almost 100% certainty how this plays out now....after days of trying to cover their asses, florio and this jaywan turd will turn to the "well the Cowboys and Jones got to the video before any of us could and paid 10 trillion to cover up this awful incident"

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Where's my Chris In Arizona sign in? Oh wait, this isn't the Zone. Dbair had me confused with his nonstop blind homer posts.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Where's my Chris In Arizona sign in? Oh wait, this isn't the Zone. Dbair had me confused with his nonstop blind homer posts.

:lol just wait 'til draft weekend

that said, if the person in the vid turns out to be someone other than Dez, Florio's reputation (such as it is) will be shot.

Reaction score
Sounds like the police report was consistent that it was someone else, and even then there's conflicting evidence as to whether it was something illegal. Yeah, they could have all been covering for Dez, but that's hard to get consistent stories from everyone like that with short notice.

Like TE said, if there's a video, that will be everything. If not, this may be the biggest tease ever.

... Let's assume for the sake of argument that there is a video where you can clearly identify Dez doing something violent... Is Goodell going to punish him now under a new personal conduct policy for something that was so long ago that he can't even be charged? I find that hard to believe. Then again, Goodell has fucked shit up before.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
... Let's assume for the sake of argument that there is a video where you can clearly identify Dez doing something violent... Is Goodell going to punish him now under a new personal conduct policy for something that was so long ago that he can't even be charged?
Probably, because let's face it, this is all about PR more than anything.

But I'd put the probability of that at about 10%.

Also, interesting that Sturm thinks all this started with the team leaking this to the press. And apparently Dez told the team about this incident a while ago... I'm guessing because the team knew about the police report. Wouldn't it suck if this did all gain steam because the team leaked it...

Reaction score
Absolutely... If I were Dez and found out the team leaked it, I would never play another down for them. Not signing any form of extension. If they franchise me, I'm holding out all year if I have to.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah that same sort of stuff was in that 80-+ page dumpster fire thread at CZ, that somehow Jones and the Cowboys were behind "leaking" the info in the first place.

Why the fuck would Jones dispparage his own superstar player? Jones makes money by selling team stuff, making your superstar player look like a loser doesnt help you sell team stuff.

He's never been shy about paying (and even overpyaing) to keep his own star players. I dont see why it would be any different now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

So homering now equates to calling out losers in the media when they shit their pants with bullshit stories they cant back up?

OK...good call douche bag

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you read the police report, it seems Dez might not have even been there whenever this alleged incident happened.

Never mind the fact that the officer saw no reason to charge anyone presetn with any sort of crime.

Reaction score
Yeah that same sort of stuff was in that 80-+ page dumpster fire thread at CZ, that somehow Jones and the Cowboys were behind "leaking" the info in the first place.

Why the fuck would Jones dispparage his own superstar player? Jones makes money by selling team stuff, making your superstar player look like a loser doesnt help you sell team stuff.

He's never been shy about paying (and even overpyaing) to keep his own star players. I dont see why it would be any different now.
Not that I think they did it....

But it's pretty obvious why they would: to drive down the price tag.

If they know there's nothing to it, then it doesn't really make Dez look like a loser or disparage him. It makes him look sympathetic IMO to have something that was disposed of 4 years ago is still being used against him. Maybe they thought just alluding to these kinds of things would scare him into signing a sweetheart deal.

That said, they also say they haven't spoken with Condon much since Dez switched over to Roc Nation. It wouldn't make sense to not try to have negotiations if they were behind the info getting out there. You would want to try to pressure him into signing a deal before too much info gets out. If they know there's no video, etc., then that time has passed. Everyone knows what we're discussing now... and if there's not more to it, then it's pretty underwhelming.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah just not buying that, not with his history of paying guys, especially our "superstar" guys.

He's one of the two or three best players in the league at his position, he was going to be paid accordingly. Throwing something like that out there isnt going to drive down his worth to some bargain basement deal, and like I said putting that kind of stuff out there doesnt help him with the other area he can make money in regards to the player.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's one of the two or three best players in the league at his position
Jerruh needs to see what trade offers might be out there for him then. Is that not prudent business, especially with his unfriendly agent?

Top Bottom