bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you hear his postgame interview? He wanted us to put our foot on their throats. That's not screaming for the ball. It's let's do what we know we can do. The offense never does that unless they have to score in the 40s to beat Peyton Manning, and he's tired of it.

Thank God Witten didn't buy any of that bullshit.

Reaction score
"He's emotional," Witten said. "The guy loves to play, loves to win. We were all disappointed it came down to that situation -- they made some plays and we didn't close it out offensively.

"We have a great relationship with him. This is a close-knit group. He has more passion than anyone I've ever played with. That's a good thing to have. With 12 seconds left, we were all upset, but there was still time left. I tried to communicate that. There was more football to play. We were going to get the ball back and the play we had drawn up, he was a big part of that play. We were trying to get him to calm down because we were going to try to get him the ball on that play."

Witten reiterated he has "no hard feelings" for Bryant.

"I love that kid like a brother," Witten said. "There are no hard feelings. DeMarcus and I talked to him. He's a great receiver and plays his tail off week-in and week-out. It's as simple as that. It's a disappointing loss. Dez is a guy who plays with his heart. We all do. Those things come up."
Yeah, you're right.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol yeah right

the real Witten was on the sideline, chewing out the spoiled brat. the post-game lovefest is just pablum for gullible fans (no offense).

Reaction score
LOL I'm sure Witten came up with all of that stuff to protect Dez at the spur of the moment.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he's not an idiot. he knew he'd create a firestorm if he said "selfish" instead of "passionate." again, don't be a sap.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Combination of both here.

Dez is pissed about losing and probably doesn't appreciate the "gee guys we'll get them next week" attitude of this team.

Dez also needs to understand how he will be perceived and that controlling his emotions is a part of maturing as a man and football player.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
dez was mad because he opened his mouth about Calvin during the week and than watched him put up historic numbers against his team while Dez was barely targeted.

Terrance williams targeted 11 times today and had 2 catches

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dez was mad because he opened his mouth about Calvin during the week and than watched him put up historic numbers against his team while Dez was barely targeted.

I think I'd probably say Dez saw that the Lions figured out a way to keep their best offensive player involved, whereas our coordinator and QB hardly even noticed out top guy in the lineup.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I personally hate all that rah-rah crap and would think it was ridiculous if I were a player... But it doesn't bother me from Dez. He's just a hyperemotional kid, and he's hardly the only player like that. It's fine as long as he truly isn't demanding the ball more and just wants whatever is best for the team, which I do believe he does.

The important thing IMO is that we have accomplished vet leaders like Witten and Ware who can step up and put him in his place if need be like they appeared to do today. That's a lot different from a TO who, besides being selfish, arrived to a team that had no one who could check him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Irvin did the same stuff, and he always said it was because he knew that getting him the ball had a big impact on the team winning or losing. That's why Dez wants the ball. He knows it has a big impact on whether the team wins or loses.

When other guys make big plays, he's almost always the first one there high fiving them and celebrating.

I think he genuinely hates to lose, and I like that about him. I do wish we had more guys like that here.

I'm with you Dbair, I like the kid and we need as many folks as possible with his attitude, these nut bustin losses are about to make me homicidal, I'd like to see the same reaction from ownership on down.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did you hear his postgame interview? He wanted us to put our foot on their throats. That's not screaming for the ball. It's let's do what we know we can do. The offense never does that unless they have to score in the 40s to beat Peyton Manning, and he's tired of it.

Yep, i thought his interview was great and he represented him self very well. Kudos Dez!

Reaction score
He might have been clamoring for the ball earlier in the game, but in the end he was pissed because the team blew it.

That said, he was 100% right to be bitching about Romo and Callahan not even looking his way. The guy was never a part of the game plan, which was a monumental class A fuckup by this staff
The guy should be THE game plan in every game.

He's the best player on this roster, and the 2nd best receiver in the league. There is no reason he should have to yell about getting balls thrown his way, and when he does, he's absolutely justified.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
The guy should be THE game plan in every game.

He's the best player on this roster, and the 2nd best receiver in the league. There is no reason he should have to yell about getting balls thrown his way, and when he does, he's absolutely justified.

True statement

Top Bottom