Reaction score
I'm saying this now. Not talking about last year. Or the year before. I'm talking right now, and going forward into the 2011 season.

Dez Bryant will establish himself as the best receiver in the division. A complete physical receiver, with incredible hands and body control. He plays angry.

Add to that, he's a dynamic return man.

All the arguments we've had this off season about who the best receiver in the East is, we won't have those same arguments next year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not much doubt in my mind about that, he's an immense talent.

I think if he stays healthy he is going to have a monster year.

Reaction score
This isn't anything to disrespect Miles, but when you watch that video that cowboysportsblog posted, and you see side by side highlights of both Miles and Dez, it really makes you realize (or made me realize) how Dez is just on another level.

Miles is a big, fast, receiver with decent hands and a great work ethic. He's an assett to this team, and I love the player and I'm glad we have him.

But his talent level doesn't compare with Dez.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I think I will need to hold judgement until there is actually a season. It doesn't mean shit now. And won't if there isn't a season.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This isn't anything to disrespect Miles, but when you watch that video that cowboysportsblog posted, and you see side by side highlights of both Miles and Dez, it really makes you realize (or made me realize) how Dez is just on another level.

Miles is a big, fast, receiver with decent hands and a great work ethic. He's an assett to this team, and I love the player and I'm glad we have him.

But his talent level doesn't compare with Dez.

I actually thought Miles came off really well in that video. They both attack the ball in the air, they are both incredibly powerful runners with the ball in their hands....they each have little things that they do better than each other but they are very similar. Last season Romo to Austin was just ridiculous, I can't wait to see Romo to Dez/Austin for a whole season.

Reaction score
I actually thought Miles came off really well in that video. They both attack the ball in the air, they are both incredibly powerful runners with the ball in their hands....they each have little things that they do better than each other but they are very similar. Last season Romo to Austin was just ridiculous, I can't wait to see Romo to Dez/Austin for a whole season.

Yeah, I love Miles. I don't want to come off as knocking him. I do like how physical he and Dez are. And I do like how they both go after the ball in the air. They're not body catchers, in other words. They're both big and strong enough where they can make a catch, and then shed a tackler. Miles did it all day during Kansas City in 2009. And in that highlight video, you saw Dez throw defenders off him.

Miles kind of made me nervous about his hands last year. I'm hoping whatever that issue is, gets corrected.

I just think Dez will emerge this year as the clear cut #1 receiver on this team. I think he's a generational talent.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I can't trust Dez yet. Have any of you ever seen how unpredictable a ****** can be?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He definitely has the talent and I agree about the return thing, but I don't ever want to see him returning kicks again.

Reaction score
I can't trust Dez yet. Have any of you ever seen how unpredictable a ****** can be?

The "******" title isn't warranted.

He's made some questionable decisions based on not having a structured enviroment to grow up in plus being handed millions of dollars at once.

When he starts appearing on the police blotter for things more significant than letting his ass air out, then I'll be worried.

The guy is going to be a bona-fide stud. Top 5 receiver in the league, within 2 years.

sbk92

Reaction score
Not much doubt in my mind about that, he's an immense talent.

I think if he stays healthy he is going to have a monster year.

Yeah but you have the most worthless opinion anyone will ever read on a Cowboys fan forum.

I want to know what the objective fan thinks. Not the team mascot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah but you have the most worthless opinion anyone will ever read on a Cowboys fan forum.

I want to know what the objective fan thinks. Not the team mascot.

Says Resident Forum Dipshit

Reaction score
Best in division? Top 5 in 2 years?

Not exactly aiming for the stars are you?

I honestly believe it. Right now, I have Hakeem Nicks as the best in the division. By the end of 2011, I think Dez will emerge as being better.

Top 5 will be harder to achieve, because there are a lot of great receivers in the league. But Dez is as naturally talented as pretty much anyone in the league.

Reaction score
I think hes already the best in the division and if Im drafting WR's Im taking

1. Dez
2. Calvin
3. Fitz
4. Andre
5. Greg Jennings

DYK that Andre Johnson is 30 and Roddy White is almost 30?

Reaction score
We're on the same page, then.

I dont see how you were confused by my phrasing "Not exactly aiming for the stars are you?".

It reminded me of when my brother was like "Demarcus is definitely .....like a top 5 pass rusher".

I think both of you just felt the need to chime in but really had nothing.

Reaction score
I dont see how you were confused by my phrasing "Not exactly aiming for the stars are you?".

It reminded me of when my brother was like "Demarcus is definitely .....like a top 5 pass rusher".

I think both of you just felt the need to chime in but really had nothing.

Well, did your brother say that about Ware after his rookie season?

If not, then I don't see how the comparison fits.

Reaction score
Said it like last year.

And when you compare Dez to Nicks, DeSean, and Anthony Armstrong then it is similar.

Everyone WR has the caveat of staying healthy.

No WR jumps off the screen like Dez and maybe only AP jumps off the screen like him on offense

Top Bottom