Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And whether the sack was avoided by use of feet, arm or just, brain wasn't specified. Somehow or other, Romo isn't any more adroit in avoiding the sacks that Troy was.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
:lol

Aikman was a goddam statue compared to Romo.

Romo would have been sacked like 12 times from 91-97.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Aikman was a goddam statue compared to Romo.
Yes Romo's 5.01 second time in the 40 is certainly awe inspiring.

Romo couldn't have played in the 90s NFL. It was legal back then to hit quarterbacks and rough up receivers. It wasn't Madden NFL video game like it is now.

Romo is a product of his era and even in this era, is just average.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yes Romo's 5.01 second time in the 40 is certainly awe inspiring.

Romo couldn't have played in the 90s NFL. It was legal back then to hit quarterbacks and rough up receivers. It wasn't Madden NFL video game like it is now.

Romo is a product of his era and even in this era, is just average.

Cool story, bro.

Now he's not tough enough to play big boy football. A guy that has played with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Thank god he doesn't have a soft head like Troy.

And his accuracy has never been an issue. That is pure billshit. You don't complete the percentages of passes he does by being inaccurate.

You don't need to imagine things to make your argument. Just stick with him being a jinx. That's your best point yet.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now he's not tough enough to play big boy football. A guy that has played with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Thank god he doesn't have a soft head like Troy.
Romo is a wimp who does pretty okay in a wimpified game. But even at that, he's not much above average as far as today's quarterbacks go.
And his accuracy has never been an issue.
Because when a receiver stops, turns the other direction then catches Romo's usual errant pass, the idiot commentators say "whatta great pass by Romo." When it was actually, "whatta great adjustment by the receiver on the poor throw."

Maybe now folks will be watching more closely and start to see this too.
There is absolutely no debating this. Anyone that tries is either trolling or a moron.
It's just real easy to forget Troy could actually run and dodge would be sackers because most of the time he would use his head and get rid of the ball instead of taking the sack or having to scramble. But he could and did scramble. And rushed for over 1000 yards. Compared to Romo's 546 so far.

And somehow, Romo is on pace to beat Troy's sack total. He's already beaten his lost fumble total.
Thank god he doesn't have a soft head like Troy.
You don't know if he does, because he plays in a era where hits to the head aren't common. But, with Troy taking alot of shots to the head and suffering numerous concussions, we know he has a hard head.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't have the time nor energy to argue this lunacy. The Bates thread has taken it out of me. It's like I'm at the zone.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If he believes it, which I know he does, I don't have a problem talking about it.

I guess we could go back to just lurking about.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
People for the most part hate Jerry and Redball. They get ZERO credit for the football god Romo somehow. But by golly if you say ONE negative thing about The Romo people just go totally apeshit. Then when you back up some of the assertions with stats, they just ignore it and call you a troll.

Let me set this all quite straight for the folks. And I will type it slowly so it will have a chance to sink in.

Romo. Ain't. That. Good.

He's a little above average, at best.

And you're never going to see a championship with him on the roster. He is a failed but very expensive experiment, nothing more.

Reaction score
If he believes it, which I know he does, I don't have a problem talking about it.

I guess we could go back to just lurking about.

he might believe it but the bill o'reilly schtick is just too much. like he ran out of anything to say days ago and now is just trotting out the same four lines seeing if anyone will bite.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
he might believe it but the bill o'reilly schtick is just too much. like he ran out of anything to say days ago and now is just trotting out the same four lines seeing if anyone will bite.
Freudian Projection.^^

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
People for the most part hate Jerry and Redball. They get ZERO credit for the football god Romo somehow. But by golly if you say ONE negative thing about The Romo people just go totally apeshit. Then when you back up some of the assertions with stats, they just ignore it and call you a troll.

Let me set this all quite straight for the folks. And I will type it slowly so it will have a chance to sink in.

Romo. Ain't. That. Good.

He's a little above average, at best.

And you're never going to see a championship with him on the roster. He is a failed but very expensive experiment, nothing more.

:lol

A little above average? Do you even watch the NFL? Look around the league. There might be 5 better QBs out there.

I'll argue this with you all day. It's like saying you can't win with DeMarcus Ware as your DE or OLB. No shit, not if the team as a whole isn't of championship caliber.

And I wouldn't call Tony a QB God. He's just one of the best the league has had in the last 8-10 years. Chalk that up to whatever you'd like, rules, whatever. But your picking out one player and saddling him with the competitive failure of an otherwise dysfunctional franchise.

Thank fuck for Bill Parcells, David Lee, and Sean Payton. Garrett and Jerry deserve credit for Romo?

Top Bottom