Reaction score
That's not shitting, that's in direct reply to someone talking about how great he was in that first real action. Turns out, he wasn't all that great.

Hey, if you're gonna get on to MB4 for "mucking up" your thread for this...

This high wire act we play always results in great moments and bad moments. Thing is when you say the good moments don't matter to you then wtf

Then yeah, I think you are shitting on the positivity thread.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The competition thing, I don't disagree a whole lot, but then again, how many teams bring in a QB that can push a starter for his job?

If not push then groomed to be the heir apparent. The Packers didn't wait for Favre to be old and broken down before drafting his successor. Nor did they worry about his feelings.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm on the same page when it comes to how things have been handled from a team aspect, especially when it comes to the culture. You're not getting the very best from your players when they aren't being pushed.

So drafting Garoppolo is supposed to get the very best out of Brady now that he's being pushed? Foles got Vick to improve? Brining Vick in didn't improve McNabb. Should the Falcons bring in competition to push Matt Ryan?

In fact, where has bringing in competition improved the starter? Maybe an anomaly here and there, but doesn't seem like a formula for success. Maybe Young for Montana? Rodgers for Favre?

Reaction score
The coaching and personnel aren't things Romo control at all. If anything he's been so good that Jerry feels like he's a security blanket, and try and fail to fix other areas on this team. Lord knows we have enough holes to worry about.

It took a decade to find the guy and now it's somehow a knock on Romo that we haven't found his successor while he's here?

With our personnel dept, we're lucky if we have 70% serviceable starters on this team.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Almost as much as I'd like to see Romo with a SB ring, is living in a world with a ringless-Favre. Talk about a QB that has a horrendous playoff record.

He never had to suffer from being called a choker because he won his SB ring early, but he's a bigger choker than Peyton Manning, John Elway, Marino, Jim Kelly, etc.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why does Romo have to be pushed? His work ethic has never been in question.

What he needs is a real coach, not that goddammed daywalking fraud he's been stuck with.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Why does Romo have to be pushed? His work ethic has never been in question.

It's too late. He's too old to learn new tricks, like not throwing INTs off your back foot as you're falling backwards. And he violated Tuna's "don't be a celebrity quarterback" edict long ago.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't condone that. It's disgraceful that a player like RG3 has endorsements lined up before he even takes a snap. How many products was Staubach endorsing before he won a Super Bowl? Like none. That should be the standard.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't condone that. It's disgraceful that a player like RG3 has endorsements lined up before he even takes a snap. How many products was Staubach endorsing before he won a Super Bowl? Like none. That should be the standard.

While a get what you're saying, trying to compare a player from the 60's-70's to now over endorsements is kind of weak. Back in those days, very few players had endorsement deals. Now you can throw a rock and hit a couple dozen of them.

Reaction score

Do you also not drink soda and had the guy at the store remove texting from your phone

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
While a get what you're saying, trying to compare a player from the 60's-70's to now over endorsements is kind of weak. Back in those days, very few players had endorsement deals. Now you can throw a rock and hit a couple dozen of them.

right, they were more discriminating back in the day. only the best had endorsement deals, and that should be the standard today. I don't wanna see fucking RG3's broke ass face at Subway.

Reaction score
We also have 1,000 channels and the players are way more famous thus we have more potential pitchmen. There's been flat out bad players with national ad campaigns.

Reaction score
so what's your plan?

have the players turn down money in favor of maintaining their chastity until they "win something" (we won't get into what that something has to be or who is going to arbitrarily define it) or should the companies just pay only winners? like maybe instead of Starter paying Romo to promo stuff for them they could get Cliff Avril?

I'll just tell you in advance either way your line of reasoning on this is completely fucking retarded

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Am I the only one who didn't realize bb was a Romo hater until lately?

I don't blame these guys for being hyped by the media these days. You can't possibly expect anyone to be like Staubach was in the 60s.

I did blame Tony for when he was flying out to LA with Jessica mid-week during the season that one year. That was ridiculous. But since then, he's been pretty low key. What does he do now, endorse Starter, a Walmart brand?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Am I the only one who didn't realize bb was a Romo hater until lately?
It's alot like Obama - if you disagree with him you're a hater. BBgun isn't a Romo hater. I'm not a Romo hater. We just happen to not be wearing rose colored glasses concerning him, and don't bend over and suck his balls defending him at every turn, blaming everything under the sun for his foibles.

Top Bottom