Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Which by the way that pick to Dockery was in the exact same spot where Bledsoe had thrown his last pick and what turned out to be his last NFL pass, the one that got him yanked in favor of Romo. Romo did the exact, same, thing Bledsoe did. Except this one was a house call.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's a highlight reel of Romo getting us all out of our chair.

[video=youtube_share;rN3pyJvnuv0]http://youtu.be/rN3pyJvnuv0[/video]

Meh. I could put together Danny White's or Jake Delhomme's best plays and make them look like world beaters too.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Meh. I could put together Danny White's or Jake Delhomme's best plays and make them look like world beaters too.
Was just giving props to Romo for this "attaboy Romo" thread.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Was just giving props to Romo for this "attaboy Romo" thread.

I know. I'm just saying these highlight reels are deceptive. Give me 10 minutes and I can make DeMarco Murray look like Sweetness.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know. I'm just saying these highlight reels are deceptive. Give me 10 minutes and I can make DeMarco Murray look like Sweetness.
Yep. Gimme 10 minutes with photoshop and I can give you Santa Claus on the grassy knoll too! :bouncebig

Reaction score
that impossibly long conversion to witten against the giants in their red jerseys, down for the field goal.

he is as clutch as they come

Reaction score
that impossibly long conversion to witten against the giants in their red jerseys, down for the field goal.

That was a great play.

A better QB would've hit the wide open Owens for the TD though.

:)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Same here, when he spun left and put it perfectly on the money. Tried to find a clip of that one but couldn't.

Reaction score
Most everyone gave him a Mulligan for that bobbled snap and the NFL even changed the rules because of it. It was the 100 other gaffes which followed, which "turned" people against him. It wasn't just the one thing.

Speaking of first real action - his first pass in that game was intercepted. Later on he threw his first pick six, one that was taken to the house 96 yards by rookie corner Kevin Dockery. A harbinger of things to come.
Why are you in here shitting on the positive Romo thread? Thought that was forbodden.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why are you in here shitting on the positive Romo thread? Thought that was forbodden.
That's not shitting, that's in direct reply to someone talking about how great he was in that first real action. Turns out, he wasn't all that great.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's not shitting, that's in direct reply to someone talking about how great he was in that first real action. Turns out, he wasn't all that great.

For first real action, he was pretty damn good in that game.

Look at the way we called 3rd down passing plays from that game forward. It all started in that game.

He was fearless on 3rd and med-long. There were no more shitty dump offs and draw plays, or what I like to call give up plays. For first action, especially supplanting a guy during a game, he was pretty good in that situation.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If you want to focus on the multi pick game, please do.

He parlayed that performance and built on it to go to a pro bowl that year. It doesn't surprise me that you focus on the ints and ignore the really good things he did in that game.

I can't believe he didn't practice with the first offense all week, went into that game as the backup, then had the audacity to throw some interceptions in his first live game action.

Whotta dickhead that guy is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you want to focus on the multi pick game, please do.

He parlayed that performance and built on it to go to a pro bowl that year. It doesn't surprise me that you focus on the ints and ignore the really good things he did in that game.

I can't believe he didn't practice with the first offense all week, went into that game as the backup, then had the audacity to throw some interceptions in his first live game action.

Whotta dickhead that guy is.
I merely point it out in reply to the posts about how he almost pulled that game out, how great he was in that game, and also to point out what a harbinger that game was of things to come from Romo. The almost hads, the couldas, shouldas, wouldas... The only ifs, and so on. That's his legacy.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think his legacy is debatable.

I only feel bad that he wasted his career in Dallas on teams that have lacked coaching and talent. That's part of the woulda, coulda, shoulda you bring up.

Since Parcells, the team has been in decline. The team in general has been fucked over for years with inadequate coaching. I'm surprised they've accidentally won 24 games the past 3 years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm surprised they've accidentally won 24 games the past 3 years.
What is it now, 113-113 since 1997? Mediocrity is a long term issue in Dallas and I maintain Romo is part of that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Of course he's had his part.

How much is what this debate has been about.

Top Bottom