sbk92

Reaction score
The 2009 draft for Special Teams, hiring creampuff coaches like Phillips, resigning huge contracts to Newman, Barber, Ken Hamlin, grabbing PacMan Jones, Roy Williams trade...sure sounds a lot like the Jerry Jones of 94-02.

One difference is that Jerruh is even more distracted with promoting boxing events and Jonas Bros concerts to his stadium.

Sad but true, bro.

It's amazing how stupid this man can be, considering he has to be a genius to become what he is.

He went right back to the old form that begot the 5-11 seasons.

That's the question I have in the offseason. While the ham and egg fans will be distracted on the head coaching hire, I want to know if the GM is changing. And I don't mean by name. I know he's going to be the GM. But will he change his ways, is what I mean.

That has to happen or we're just spinning our wheels here.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sad but true, bro.

It's amazing how stupid this man can be, considering he has to be a genius to become what he is.

He went right back to the old form that begot the 5-11 seasons.

That's the question I have in the offseason. While the ham and egg fans will be distracted on the head coaching hire, I want to know if the GM is changing. And I don't mean by name. I know he's going to be the GM. But will he change his ways, is what I mean.

That has to happen or we're just spinning our wheels here.

Jerry thinks that if you watch the game long enough, you'll eventually pick it up to where you can GM a team. He's a glorified fan, and the sooner he realizes that, the better off we'll be. Either you have it, or you don't. That's why there are shit GMs, and then there are good ones.

sbk92

Reaction score
Jerry thinks that if you watch the game long enough, you'll eventually pick it up to where you can GM a team. He's a glorified fan, and the sooner he realizes that, the better off we'll be. Either you have it, or you don't. That's why there are shit GMs, and then there are good ones.

Right.

And he also goes beyond that by neutering his head coach and his authority over the team. A GM shouldn't be so accessible to the players. The face and voice of the franchise needs to be the head coach.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Then explain to me how an Owner who previously controlled everything, runs the team differently post-Parcells when he hired Wade Phillips to replace him?

Riddle me that, Mr. Cowboy.

I dont like Wade and ultimately he has proved to be a poor hire, but I understand why he was hired.

Jones wanted to maximize the talent on defense, an Wade was clearly the best 3-4 coach available at the time, and also had previous HC experience, and had coached teams to the playoffs.

He went through a lengthy process and picked Wade over numerous others (a dozen I believe), unlike previous searches for Switzer (nobody else), Gailey (basically two or three people) and Campo (two people)

It just didnt work out, I dont fault his rationale on the hiring though. At least it made some sense, unlike the other 3 before Parcells.

Top Bottom