sbk92

Reaction score
If you think he's running the team the same way today that he did from 1994-2002, your freaking brain dead.

If you think he's not 100% to blame for the team sucking for the last 15 years, you are brain dead.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you think he's not 100% to blame for the team sucking for the last 15 years, you are brain dead.

Wow, we've sucked for 15 years...I guess some of those playoff seasons didnt happen...my bad

The guy made 3 absolutely dreadful coaching hires after the Jimmy fiasco, he deserves to be skewered for it. But he changed the last month of the Campo "era" and decided to go down a different road, then hired Parcells. I think he's running the team vastly different today then he did from 94-02. You can choose to believe otherwise if you want.

Reaction score
Wow, we've sucked for 15 years...I guess some of those playoff seasons didnt happen...my bad

The guy made 3 absolutely dreadful coaching hires after the Jimmy fiasco, he deserves to be skewered for it. But he changed the last month of the Campo "era" and decided to go down a different road, then hired Parcells. I think he's running the team vastly different today then he did from 94-02. You can choose to believe otherwise if you want.

Jerry has improved . . . but to be fair, 94-02 was absolute rock bottom. A person would have had to have put an honest effort into being bad to stay at that level.

I grew and appreciation for Jerry, but I've gone back to disliking the guy this year. I'm not sure if I could ever support him again.

sbk92

Reaction score

I will believe otherwise. You don't go out and hire Wade Phillips after Bill Parcells if you are intending to run things vastly different from the Campo years.

I think you're a homer who has his head up his ass when it comes to this team. You're stuck with Jerry. You know it. And you've been trying different shades of lipstick to slap on that pig.

sbk92

Reaction score
Now could he go back to the Parcells way now with Garrett? Sure. It's possible. I certainly hope so. I'll believe it when I see it though.

But the moment Parcells left, Jerry ran straight back to his failed ways of the mid to late 90's/early 00's. He announced the Parcells way didn't work and there would be no more walking on egg shells. His coaching search narrowed down to two weak willed coordinators, Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. He had every intention of running every aspect of the team again. The same as he did prior to Bill.

If I was wrong, we wouldn't be 4-8 right now.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't see much change from 94 until now. He still wants to be the face of the franchise. He's still the GM of this team. He's done two things right in his time with the Cowboys. We all know what they were. One of the decisions delivered 3 super bowls. The other took a perennial 5-11 team and shaped it into a contender.

Jerry took both teams from both guys, hired yes-men to fill the head coach position and ran/is running the team back into the ground.

I have very little hope for Garrett in Dallas. How could he demand any more authority than Switzer, Gailey, Campo or Phillips? He's a young buck, Jerry's been at it for years. The fact that Jerry still runs around talking about himself being able to coach certain things out of players, talking about why his players aren't getting playing time or talking about players getting more playing time, that tells me all I need to know about who's in charge.

Nothing has changed. The GM/Owner shouldn't have a say in who is sitting the bench or who is playing. He really should defer to his head coach on such matters and keep his F'ing mouth shut.

sbk92

Reaction score
Exactly right.

He's been the same guy the last 4 years.

Now lets see if he changes in the offseason. If he doesn't, we have no chance.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is the owner,president and GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

The Big Kahuna.The man with the golden checkbook.

That makes him responsible for everything,good or bad,from the nachos at the concession stand to the play of his team.

Of course he's done some good things,he's not stupid,far from it.But he does some mind boggling stupid stuff as well.

Yes,he fired Phillips,long overdue and warranted,IMO.But he hired him to begin with.

sbk92

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is the owner,president and GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

The Big Kahuna.The man with the golden checkbook.

That makes him responsible for everything,good or bad,from the nachos at the concession stand to the play of his team.

Of course he's done some good things,he's not stupid,far from it.But he does some mind boggling stupid stuff as well.

Yes,he fired Phillips,long overdue and warranted,IMO.But he hired him to begin with.

Cop out.

The team has only improved when he's not involved in football decisions. Jimmy built those teams without Jerry's input. Parcells fixed this team with Jerry stepping to the side and watching.

He doesn't get any credit as a GM for the success of any of his teams.

In my book, he's the single worst GM in professional sports. The worst I've ever seen. You could literally just do the opposite of his personnel decisions and have some success.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Cop out.

The team has only improved when he's not involved in football decisions. Jimmy built those teams without Jerry's input. Parcells fixed this team with Jerry stepping to the side and watching.

He doesn't get any credit as a GM for the success of any of his teams.

In my book, he's the single worst GM in professional sports. The worst I've ever seen. You could literally just do the opposite of his personnel decisions and have some success.

You misunderstand me,sir.I'm saying he is to blame.

He lets his ego rule his team,and he is responsible for the sorry state of affairs that exists.

Jerry thinks he can be all,know all for the Cowboys.He can't.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
When I was a kid and didn't know any better, I loved Jerry Jones. Now I wake up every day to see if he's still alive. I would have abosolutely no problem with him hiring a GM and still being the owner. As it stands now, the arguement of great owner aweful GM doesn't hold any water with me. A great owner wouldn't employ an aweful GM from the time Jimmy left until Bill Parcells showed up, and he damned sure wouldn't have given him back the power when Bill Parcells was done coaching.

Jerry the owner needs to be held responsible for Jerry the GM. No team in the NFL would hire Jerry the GM if he was thrown out on his ass by Jerry the Great Owner. It wouldn't happen, not at any point of his GM'ing career.

sbk92

Reaction score
Most Cowboys fans can't accept that reality. That the guy who owns this team, the guy they can't get rid of, is the one holding them back.

But you can bet your ass the moment he's no longer running this team, (greatest. obituary. ever.), every damn one of them will celebrate a new regime. Then it'll be okay to admit the guy was an egotistical lunatic who had no business GMing a football team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I will believe otherwise. You don't go out and hire Wade Phillips after Bill Parcells if you are intending to run things vastly different from the Campo years.

I think you're a homer who has his head up his ass when it comes to this team. You're stuck with Jerry. You know it. And you've been trying different shades of lipstick to slap on that pig.

And I think you dont know jack shit about me, nor should you be one to talk about anyone "having a head up somebody's ass" when you continually insist Bill Parcells is God part II

sbk92

Reaction score
And I think you dont know jack shit about me, nor should you be one to talk about anyone "having a head up somebody's ass" when you continually insist Bill Parcells is God part II

Then explain to me how an Owner who previously controlled everything, runs the team differently post-Parcells when he hired Wade Phillips to replace him?

Riddle me that, Mr. Cowboy.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't know jack shat about him.

Uh, you post your thoughts on every game. I can read, bubba. You're a homer.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Fine, you both have your heads up someone's ass.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
The 2009 draft for Special Teams, hiring creampuff coaches like Phillips, resigning huge contracts to Newman, Barber, Ken Hamlin, grabbing PacMan Jones, Roy Williams trade...sure sounds a lot like the Jerry Jones of 94-02.

One difference is that Jerruh is even more distracted with promoting boxing events and Jonas Bros concerts to his stadium.

Top Bottom