ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At some point we have to talk about Zeke. I think he looks pretty terrible. Imo he needs to lose ten lbs and bust his ass all offseason working on his quickness. And it goes without saying the fumbles are unacceptable.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Skip Bayless (boo!) said he looks overweight. maybe he pigged out while rehabbing the bad hammy.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The entire problem with the premise is the definition of "healthy." There is NO way he is fully healed in 6 weeks, and probably not even if it's 10. Then it's quite evident that even if a opponent merely just gives him a dirty look or says something mean to him, he will crumble with yet another broken bone of some type.

No. If Dak is doing well why fuck up the entire team chemistry putting the China Doll back in? Keep Romo on the bench until he is needed, like if Dak gets hurt. And if that doesn't happen it's actually better for Tony's long term health and mobility, to just ride the bench the rest of the season. And put him in bubble wrap, even at that!

It might actually be good for Dak's development to take a step back and watch a QB of Romo's caliber do it. If nothing else it will feed Dak's hunger to get the starting job back. I will say though that even if/when Romo takes over Dak should be playing Thanksgiving. Romo has no business playing on that short of a week.

Reaction score
At some point we have to talk about Zeke. I think he looks pretty terrible. Imo he needs to lose ten lbs and bust his ass all offseason working on his quickness. And it goes without saying the fumbles are unacceptable.
Can't remember where I read it, but someone wrote about the first half-dozen games in the rookie seasons of several great running backs, and it looks like it took most of these RBs 4 or 5 games before they broke loose. So my attitude is that Zeke should get another 3 games or so before concern/despair sets in.

I thought he looked pretty good against the Redskins. There were at least a few plays where he picked up more yardage than seemed to be available.

I like this video -- good to see his runs all at once. http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/09/18/every-ezekiel-elliott-carry-washington

He has some obvious ability. He's quick and he can dart around. If he can put it all together, he's going to be good.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Can't remember where I read it, but someone wrote about the first half-dozen games in the rookie seasons of several great running backs, and it looks like it took most of these RBs 4 or 5 games before they broke loose. So my attitude is that Zeke should get another 3 games or so before concern/despair sets in.

I thought he looked pretty good against the Redskins. There were at least a few plays where he picked up more yardage than seemed to be available.

I like this video -- good to see his runs all at once. http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/09/18/every-ezekiel-elliott-carry-washington

He has some obvious ability. He's quick and he can dart around. If he can put it all together, he's going to be good.

Emmitt didn't get his first 100 yard game until his 5th game. I believe he had less than 5 yards his first game.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe he had less than 5 yards his first game.

two rushes for two yards vs San Diego, but he missed camp and didn't sign until shortly before the reg season

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So my attitude is that Zeke should get another 3 games or so before concern/despair sets in.
Oh, there's no despair at all. Just a little concern. I don't think he's showing much quickness or darting yet, and like Parcells said once, I think you need some of that in this league.

I think he's a bigger bodied guy who I doubt will ever show much quickness, but with this line I didn't think he'd need that. If Romo were back and defenses backed off a little, I bet the holes would be a lot bigger and he'd do just fine.

Actually, I wonder if he or someone else isn't tipping our plays a bit. Seems like a lot of times he gets the ball, there are so many defenders there it almost looks like a run blitz.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It might actually be good for Dak's development to take a step back and watch a QB of Romo's caliber do it. If nothing else it will feed Dak's hunger to get the starting job back.
To me it's stupid to put Romo back in if Dak is performing. Of course the fact that it IS stupid means that's what they'll do.

And no it won't be good for Dak's development.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Jerry Jones had both Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady... Bledsoe would have gotten his job back once healthy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If Jerry Jones had both Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady... Bledsoe would have gotten his job back once healthy.
He had both Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo, and didn't go back to Bledsoe even after Romo's 99 yard pick six on the exact same INT Bledsoe threw before the half. Of course, that was back in the day when Jerry wasn't completely immersed in such decisions as who starts at QB.

But yeah I get your point, it really doesn't matter what Dak does he could be God back there and Jerry still wants Romo. That's only because as I said before, Jerry is stoopit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, there's no despair at all. Just a little concern. I don't think he's showing much quickness or darting yet, and like Parcells said once, I think you need some of that in this league.

I think he's a bigger bodied guy who I doubt will ever show much quickness, but with this line I didn't think he'd need that. If Romo were back and defenses backed off a little, I bet the holes would be a lot bigger and he'd do just fine.

Actually, I wonder if he or someone else isn't tipping our plays a bit. Seems like a lot of times he gets the ball, there are so many defenders there it almost looks like a run blitz.

Or it could be that we're a team starting a rookie 4th rd pick at QB, and the two teams we've faced have said there's no way they are going to allow them to find all sorts of run lanes to beat them and instead want Prescott to throw.

I suspect we'll see more of the same until 1) Romo returns and shows he is fine and/or 2) Teams see enough of Prescott on film to decide he is the real deal and start playing some other types of coverages

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Or it could be that we're a team starting a rookie 4th rd pick at QB, and the two teams we've faced have said there's no way they are going to allow them to find all sorts of run lanes to beat them and instead want Prescott to throw.

I suspect we'll see more of the same until 1) Romo returns and shows he is fine and/or 2) Teams see enough of Prescott on film to decide he is the real deal and start playing some other types of coverages
This.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That jackass

do you have a link to an article where this was discussed?

Only bb saves everything from 10 years ago!

But no, it's not like Jerry came out in an article and said he was pissed. More I think Jerry saying on his radio show he wanted and expected Bledsoe to return at some point, plus maybe some articles from reporters that Jerry felt that way. You could probably google it on the zone if you really wanted to find it.

Reaction score
That jackass

do you have a link to an article where this was discussed?

It was from the postgame interview that night after the Giants loss. Jerry said something along the lines of "I think it's too early to throw away the season" or some dumb shit. Love that Romo got us into the playoffs that year. Shows how little Jerry knows about anything.

Top Bottom