dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of the locals are bringing this up. I've seen it brought up in a few columns and writer Q&A's, all saying the same thing- that it makes no sense.

They need to start hammering Red and Linehan over this daily. No fucking excuse whatsoever to have broken down no talent flub like Dunbar in the game during the most CRITCAL point in place of the guy you drafted to be the cornerstone of the team's offensive philosophy.

If I were an owner/GM of a team that pulled this kind of garbage somebody's ass would be booted. (Unless of course in our case, the owner/GM knew about this all along and was ok with it, then we know there's no retribution for anyone)

Like I said before, we might have lost anyway, but JFC lose with your best healthy players on the field that give you the best chance to win or set up a chance to go to OT. Don't lose with scab players out there. That's just fucking insane. Might be the dumbest fucking garbage Garrett has ever done here (and that's saying something with his history)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On another note, now that McFadden has been activated, one would have to assume since we had a stockpile of backs already in place the intent when moving him to the roster was to use him on gamedays.

Unless they plan on deactivating Morris (have no idea why, unless he is hurt) or Dunbar (makes sense, but we know this wont happen) then we'll have active on gamedays:

Elliott, Morris, Dunbar, McFadden. Keith Smith

I get that Smith plays a few roles on the team, and MAYBE McFadden helps by returning kickoffs. But Elliott doesn't play ST. Morris was out there on kickoff coverage the other day but has never been a return or coverage guy. Dunbar is fucking worthless in any role and sux as a return guy. How can a team justify having 5 RB's active?

Just stupid. Stupid fucking thought process.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They need to start hammering Red and Linehan over this daily. No fucking excuse whatsoever to have broken down no talent flub like Dunbar in the game during the most CRITCAL point in place of the guy you drafted to be the cornerstone of the team's offensive philosophy.
Good luck with that. They aren't hammering him over anything. If we've learned anything in his tenure it's that the media here love him. If they won't hammer him over the multiple end-of-game debacles he's presided over they won't hammer him over this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good luck with that. They aren't hammering him over anything. If we've learned anything in his tenure it's that the media here love him. If they won't hammer him over the multiple end-of-game debacles he's presided over they won't hammer him over this.

He's the Teflon HC that's for sure. Have no idea why, but they do give him a free pass.

For an Ivy League guy that played QB in the NFL, he sure is one dumb son of a bitch sometimes. I need his phone number, I bet I can sell this idiot anything.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And of course, Darius Jackson claimed on waivers, by the Browns.

At least it isn't a playoff team, but this still appears to be a painfully stupid, shortsighted move.

Reaction score
And of course, Darius Jackson claimed on waivers, by the Browns.

At least it isn't a playoff team, but this still appears to be a painfully stupid, shortsighted move.

To promote McFadden and give any allegiance to that twig Dunbar while releasing Jackson has to be one of the most shortsighted and stupid moves the Garrett idiocy has produced.

It makes no sense. Dunbar is not a force, he's a gimmick. McFadden was critiqued by his own coaches that his running style didn't match the zone blocking plays. He's also not a power runner and up there in age. As good as Morris can be he is not fast and he has some years on him too. Jackson is faster than all of them. Plays with more power. Can catch the long ball and Dallas would have been set for years with the Elliot Jackson 1-2 punch for years. Now who knows what happens with Dunbar or McFadden or Morris.

And by the way, it was not just that Cleveland signed him because he was available. Cleveland was the top team on the waiver wire to claim him.

Top Bottom